Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beauty & The Beach! (018)

Default Beauty & The Beach! (018)

Beauty & The Beach!

Finding their way to Porta Vista, Ash & Co. find a Beauty Contest is going to be coming. With a big prize, Team Rocket want to win and will go by any means to do so. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Factory Head Noland Guest

I've just downloaded the clip with Jessie, James and Misty and OMG how funny is it?!
    James wearing a bikini! It was so funny when James inflated it and Misty's standing beside him!!

James has bigger mellons than Jessie.

I'm surprised they were even able to get away with this in Japan. I how did they explain how Jame got them? Though, they do appear in a later episode but James is wearing something more covering so actually didn't take the scene out.

Still, They're huge.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Melons lol!

They are huge though and when they inflate! They are the size of beach balls! Misty's face is so funny when that happens lol.

meggirl63 Guest

I'm sooooo jealous that you all got to see that episode! :-(

I just saw a little clip of it.

Japan got away with it because then can tolerate that kind of humor. They don't mind that kids see that since it's really out of comedy and nothing more. In the US though, soccer moms would have thrown riots and deemed it as inappropriate for television and how kids shouldn't see that sort of thing (and yet they let their kids use the internet..which is worse? >_>).
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

magicpizzadust Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EliteTrainerRaven
    Japan got away with it because then can tolerate that kind of humor. They don't mind that kids see that since it's really out of comedy and nothing more. In the US though, soccer moms would have thrown riots and deemed it as inappropriate for television and how kids shouldn't see that sort of thing (and yet they let their kids use the internet..which is worse? >_>).
    Exactly. I know its just an episode, but it seems like all the good ones never get to the USA: This one
    Porygon one
    One where Ash catches all the Tauros...they never even explained that!
    The one with the Dragonair...

The one where Ash catches the Tauros IS the one with the Dragonair....

Soccer moms lol! Do they drive Volvo's?

This was another one of those "Intensity" inspirational episodes, even though I never saw it. "None Like It Hot" revolves around James' former crossdressing fetish, and I make numerous references to the bikini sequence in other episodes like "A Few Pretty Good Men" (when Jessie and James hire Nastina and Brutella as Rocket agents) and "Don't Knocker Till You Tried Her" (Meowth comments on Jessie's breast implants by saying "I haven't seen a fake rack that convincing since James entered that swimsuit contest!", prompting James to grab Meowth by the scruff of his neck and growl "I thought we agreed to never mention that again.").

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

mercurygerman Guest

Hey, Pokemonisgr8, where did you get the clip?

The Porygon one cannot be helped. A world-wide ban was put on the episode by the Japanese government and they're not releasing it to anyone. It's never airing in Japan again either.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

magicpizzadust Guest

Oh, lol I didn't know that, Pokemonisgr8!

I remember seeing this episode during the Summer of 2000. Though this was the butchered version that the U.S. aired. It's too bad that they won't play the good version in the U.S. because of James' fake boobs. There was nothing wrong with that. James looks good in the bikini.
    Last edited by Medea; 19th December 2004 at 1:25 AM.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

I've seen the uncut version of this, and I have to say that it really was one of the most amusing episodes. And no, its not just because of James' famous advanced-crossdressing scene ^_^; There were infact a lot of funny moments, one of the most notable being the scene with Meowth sabotaging the old man's resturant in various ways. The Banana Peel gag was the best part IMO though.

Nothing wrong with it? Kojirou was groping and fondling his own fake breasts and bragging about how Kasumi needed to wait 8 more years to have a pair like his. How is that not wrong for American kids to see? >_>;

Forget about showing the good version over here, they won't even show the edited one any more.-_-; They showed once, maybe twice and it just magically dissappeared. I really don't see the point of dubbing it at all if they were only going to show it once and not even release it on video. Once again, they missed a huge opportunity. People would have jumped to buy this one even with the questionable bits taken out. Just the fact that it was one of the imfamous 'lost episodes' makes it very appealing to people. Why can't they realize that!?! Oh well, I have seen the clip with James' breasts and it was very funny, and slightly disturbing.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by medea10
    I remember seeing this episode during the Summer of 2000. Though this was the butchered version that the U.S. aired.
    How is cutting two small scenes out make it "butchered?"
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

I've forgotten nearly half of this episode after all this time. They really should have it on video, or something.

Ok, I have finally gotten the chance to see this episode in it's original form and I thought the whole thing was very funny. Nyaasu sabotaging the restaraunt was really funny and so was Takeshi being the announcer at the swimsuit contest.XD Overall I thought this was a great episode and after waiting so long to see it I was not dissappointed. It's really a shame the only showed it once in the states.
    ~

I was able to get the whole episode in English, apart the James bikini which was unfortunatley edited out lol.

I think it was good to see the whole Pallet possé again (including Gary ), which is good because there aren't too many episodes featuring them all, certainly not until the start of the Indigo league.

Oh by the way who knicked the boat? Misty blamed Ash, Ash then blamed Brock saying "guess he has some pretty rich friends" and claimed he went on it because Brock went on it, and then Brock flat out denied it and said "I was only following Pikachu!" Then they ended up colliding with Team Rocket's subarine. Hmm interesting.

Another question: When exactly was this aired? it seems it was dubbed at time 4kids were at the later stages of the Indigo tournament, I say that because couldn't help but notice the background theme to "We all live in a Pokémon world" from the Orange Islands saga, and Ash's voice doesn't exactly seem to fit in with the rest of the episodes around that time it either.

Typical ending I guess, Ash is ultamitley the hero of the show, telling everybody the Gyarados coming from the sea was actually Team Rocket's submarine, and then was amazingly able to re-direct an incoming missile using Pidgeotto and Charmander, making Gary look a bit sh*t.

Very good episode though, a solid 9/10 for me.
    Last edited by Sharpshooter; 17th January 2005 at 12:44 PM.

I've have both the edited US version and the uncut Japanese version of this ep. downloaded on my computer. It's hilarious!! Misty and Jessie both look hot in bikinis. But as for James, stick with the shorts, dude.

As for Sharpshooter mentioning Ash and co. stealing the boat, this has to be the ONLY time when those three ever steal anything on the show. Usually the stealing is left to Team Rocket.

Good ep., 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter
    Oh by the way who knicked the boat? Misty blamed Ash, Ash then blamed Brock saying "guess he has some pretty rich friends" and claimed he went on it because Brock went on it, and then Brock flat out denied it and said "I was only following Pikachu!" Then they ended up colliding with Team Rocket's subarine. Hmm interesting.
    All three of them were to blame, actually. They all got on the boat without permission and ended up slamming into the Rocket Gang's sub then they didn't even attempt steering away from the port. o_o; Not to mention, they all got on without asking beforehand. >.>;

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter
    Another question: When exactly was this aired? it seems it was dubbed at time 4kids were at the later stages of the Indigo tournament, I say that because couldn't help but notice the background theme to "We all live in a Pokémon world" from the Orange Islands saga, and Ash's voice doesn't exactly seem to fit in with the rest of the episodes around that time it either.
    Japanese Air Date: July 29th, 1997
    American Air Date: June 24th, 2000

Sometime into the Orange Islands is when the dub aired it.

TrainerRicardo Guest

I agree. Misty and Jessie look great in bikinis!

Of course, this episode was not shown here due to the PC network standards and practices. The scene with James (shudder) would have angered parents who would have complained to the network, boycotted the sponsors, or even might have went to the FCC.

I wish I could see that episode uncut myself. I never have.

Why is it all banned episodes are good? Dratini, Porygon, this, and many others. UNFAIR. I wish I coulda seen this one, editted or uncut, but w/e.

Overall *guess*rating:
    8.8 out of 10!!!
    Now, if only I had actually SEEN it............Meh, not all dreams come true.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast