Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Beauty & The Beach! (018)

I didn't see the episode until a few years ago and the only reason why I watched the episode was because of the reason why it's infamous: James' fake boobs. And to be honest that's really the only entertaining part. I don't mind that this episode was banned from the dub.

U.S. State Face-Off | Main Series Game Face-Off | Pokemon Anime Face-Off | Beverage Face-Off
    Looking for tallyists and co-owners for some of my face-offs. PM if you're interested

I liked the Japanese version of this episode more than the dub cuz of the scenes that were uncut. The beach scenes were fun to watch and seeing Gary, Oak and Ash's mom again was great too. Brutella was ugly however.

This is one of the only episodes where I'd prefer the original Japanese version, since after all, they do have the scenes that were cut from the dub as they were deemed inappropriate. I also feel the English dub was lazy, I mean they didn't translate the Japanese text. I get it for the Pokédex entries in Pocket Monsters: The Origin because that would take ages and nobody has the will to spend the time it takes to translate it, but I remember they usually translated the text. How would you go to a beauty contest with every sign in Japanese, but still be able to understand it just speaking English? It doesn't make sense, but this is just a cartoon, so what would you expect? Unless they were in a rush to get the long-since-skipped Sekiei League episode dubbed into English so people in the US can just see it already to where they weren't even willing to translate the text.

Ahh the infamous "lost" dub episode. I liked the original version with James's inflatable breasts and the old guy's creepy line to Misty lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    and the old guy's creepy line to Misty lmao.
    I think he was originally making a remark about her age and implying that he'd like to date her if she was older right? ^^; That's what I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I think he was originally making a remark about her age and implying that he'd like to date her if she was older right? ^^; That's what I read.
    Lol yes the old dude was extremely awkward and pervy in that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    Lol yes the old dude was extremely awkward and pervy in that scene.
    Well I guess 4Kids really had their hands full with editing in this episode, which could explain why it took so long for the dubbed version to finally air in the Orange Islands arc. ^^

I didn't like how butchered 4Kids made this episode's dub. The James breast scene made sense to delete but the rest of the episode seemed too choppy also. 6/10

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345