Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tentacool & Tentacruel! (019)

This episode is still shown. It's just that we don't get ANY Kanto episodes anymore, so this and the rest of Kanto haven't been seen in ages.

4Kids doesn't show this anymore because of the 9/11-ish skyscraper destruction. My dad thinks differently. All I want to know is if you guys think he could be somewhat right.
    Nurse Joy: We hope to see you again! (Translation: We hope you get the crap beaten out of you so that you require medical treatment again!) Not so nice in a different light, is it?

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

I think the first time this episode was pulled was right after 9/11. So the destroyed skycraper seems more likely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bling King
    4Kids doesn't show this anymore because of the 9/11-ish skyscraper destruction. My dad thinks differently. All I want to know is if you guys think he could be somewhat right.
    Whatever gave you the impression that it was up to 4Kids to decide what episodes to air?
    ~

I repeat, the entire first season doesn't air on TV anymore. It's hard to tell which episodes still air and which don't when everything pre-Master Quest hasn't aired on TV in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Whatever gave you the impression that it was up to 4Kids to decide what episodes to air?
    I meant Kids WB. Don't get so moody about it.

When Kids WB did show the first season in order, they always left this episode out.
    Nurse Joy: We hope to see you again! (Translation: We hope you get the crap beaten out of you so that you require medical treatment again!) Not so nice in a different light, is it?

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

That happened once or maybe twice. It wasn't common.

this is the episode that realy made me start to dislike the jellyfish pokemon. i dont what it is about them they just scare me...

It is still showed on TV, it wasn't cancelled at all.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin
    It is still showed on TV, it wasn't cancelled at all.
    I only saw it twice on Cartoon Network(back when they had it) before it was removed too.

Sucks we don't get any kanto episodes anymore, they are soooo much better than advanced. How often do we see buildings getting destroyed by a giant angry pokemon bent on destruction. Misty's speech was awesome and reminds me of how much i miss her.

(Didn't this first premiere in the U.S. on UPN?)
    Add me! My name and code are on my trainer card below! PM if you do.

This epi was ok. Tentacool/cruel where kool. The whole thing about the Huge Tentacruel was pretty dumb imo but this epi had Horsea in it so it passed imo. 4/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

A OK episode. Horsea is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore916 View Post
    Sucks we don't get any kanto episodes anymore, they are soooo much better than advanced. How often do we see buildings getting destroyed by a giant angry pokemon bent on destruction. Misty's speech was awesome and reminds me of how much i miss her.

(Didn't this first premiere in the U.S. on UPN?)
    Agree with you, we need more drama.

I loved this episode, it had such a good message. I feel like Pokemon episodes don't have messages anymore, appart from 'wear horrible clothes'.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

Wow, this was actually the first Pokemon episode I ever seen in my entire life. For some reason I kept catching to this episode back then, but this episode sparked for me in the interest in Pokemon. I used to think Tentcruel was that gigantic until I found out why it was that big. And this episode got me so into Misty since at the time I was more interested on the female roles than the male.

Too bad it doesn't play much anymore, I can't wait until I get the Boxset to watch it again. I believe it was the first time that a Pokemon used Meowth a puppet to translate for the humans. But awesome eppie!

Good episode, it aired not too long ago too, so I still remember everything very well.
    Where I live, they started to show the pokémon episodes from the beginning on Sundays (now they're in Johto), while they're at advanced challenge on Saturdays (the spinda episode).

This was the second Pokemon episode I had seen in my life.. or the third.. I'm not sure but it was one of the first episodes of the series I had seen.. The first time was back in 1999 when Kids WB used to air on Weekday mornings. then after that I think I only saw it once and later Kidswb hardly aired this episode, I think Until fall 2000 when they created "Pokemon the road to indigo" when they were half way on the orange islands.

The episode was great, the tentacruel pwned every Pokemon in sight it was increible and they were about to kill the Humans if it wasn't for Misty.
    And I came for fun..

giant tentacruel r kinda creepy:-P
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

A good episode, I enjoyed seeing the giant Tentacruel and all the Tentacool destroy the city reminded me of all those daikaiju movies I like. Nice that this episode focused on Misty and her love for Water Pokemon, i'm surprised that she's never caught a Tentacool seeing as how much she likes them this would've been the perfect time to get one, but at least she got a Horsea which is an excellent addition to her team. I liked seeing Misty steal Ashes "caught a Pokemon" pose she looks great doing it.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I like this episode. It was pretty good. I always thought it was cool how Tentacruel was talking through Meowth.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

If Misty like tentacool so much she should have caught one in a later episode

I am going to start a fan club in support of Misty catching a tentacool
    Last edited by TicoPokemonMaster; 31st July 2008 at 5:55 AM. Reason: new idea

One of great pokemon episodes.Seeing how giant Tentacruel and Tentacools destroy city was enjoyable,and this episode also showed how much Misty loves water pokemon.It was also pretty cool when Tentacruel used Meowth to talk through him.

Too bad that Misty never caught Tentacool,and im actually surprised that she still doesnt have one,considering how much she adores him.

I agree, this episode is definitely one of the best. It was emotional, funny where Nastina (or her sister, forgot) tried to butt in, but it didn't ruin the emotional flow, TR was hilarious and did not play an arbitrary role (i.e. not being there for the sake of it). This episode made me love Tentecruel (I got a bit disappointed when I saw that normal Tentecruel aren't larger than anything in particular... ;_; ) and Tentecool oh they're so cute). I wish Tentecruel would make another appearance... (not that it'd happen or anything...)

Quote Originally Posted by thed3 View Post
    I have NEVER seen this episode... I really wanted to see it too because all of the groups pokemon battle... Darnit!!!
    you can go to megavideo they have a lot vids

btw this ep was crazy with the tenta crashing the city
    Wifi Battle Record W-0/L-2

Originally Posted by kazemon
    if charbok is spelled backward it becomes cobra!!!!!

Throughout the entire episode, I was wondering about Horsea's connection to the Tentacool. I don't think I got a proper answer, sadly.

But there's something to be said about a Tentacool attatching to the side of Meowth's head like a brain slug, using him as a mouthpiece.

That giant Tentacruel can't survive... it's much too huge XD; Then again, you never know.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast