Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Ghost At Maiden's Peak (020)

Pokemon Sunday showed it yesterday! Such an awesome episode this was. Obviously it was a filler, but it was these kinds of filler that made Kanto what it was, and it's obvious as why people feel nostalgia for it as they are so very different then the fillers we got from AG till the present.

I hope they show the episode with the Tentacruel next week.. or maybe they already did that one.. That was another Kanto classic, along with Tower of Terror, Sabrina, The Saint Anne episode, Island of Giant pokemon, etc. But if they follow the episodes as they did, we'll be seeing Butterfree's release episode.. And that's ALSO a classic, which was even remade when Dustox got released. Then we get the first Sabrina episode! :P

Lol.. So many memorable episodes in such a short span.. Actually there's not an episode in Kanto that didn't stand out, most of them are memorable. Like for example 'The Path to the Pokemon League', I forgot what it was about when looking at the title, but when I say AJ and Sandshrew, most of the people here would probably know what I'm talking about and the specific events that go down in this episode.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I liked this episode. Gastly was hilarious throughout the episode. Venustoise, hose, etc LOL. Misty grabbing those vampire battling items and Gastly's reaction were also hilarious.

67/100

omg, this episode was hilarious! i loved the goofy battle between gastly and ash/co.

stickers doesnt work if you get them for free, how do you know........

anyways, 10/10
    Currently working on a new sig. Come back for it later.

This was one of the creepiest episodes I've ever seen. The ghost of the maiden in the episode still gives me chills even to this day. Whenever I have to sleep over at my grandparents' house, I always seem to worry about seeing the ghost in the hallway (it's very dark and creepy in my grandparents' house at night).

But the parts with the talking Ghastly were funny. I especially liked the Venustoise thing, mostly because I thought it was really possible to fuse Pokemon together back then. XD

I loved this episode. Very good stuff

Effin' VENUSTOISE.
    Pokémon Black F.C. 1334 7825 1385
    Pokémon Black 2 F.C. 3483 6901 2765

episodes like these make the first season the best!
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

This episode creeped me out.

It creeped me out then and it creeps me out now

Credits to pokefan#493! Thank you SO much!
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

I liked how James didn't want to go away and the bit with Venastoise. The Ghastly was a cool Pokémon at the ene though and I liked how it tried to help the maiden's spirit.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I liked the story behind the Maiden. I think this is one of the better episodes from the entire series. Brock and James being posessed was extremely creepered. As was the Venustoise, but that also reminded me a lot of the fusion thing they did in DBZ. Anyway the end with the dance was nice.

xxx

This episode was cute with Ash & Misty

James falling in love with the girl was pretty weird, he's gay (at least, I think he is, even though what happened in this episode). And for me, being a PokeShipper, seeing Ash and Misty dance was a good thing. 9/10. Not as good as most Kanto episodes, just less entertaining, but I still liked it.

epic. i love creepy episodes like this. the whole japanese culture thing and gastly was awesome too and venustoise. to the one above,i'm pretty sure james isn't gay
    Last edited by YinYang; 22nd February 2012 at 1:11 AM.

A few things:

1. Misty with her hair down - yay. Ash ogling her - double yay.

2. James was unusually straight in this episode.

3. They had not one but TWO explicitly religious symbols (the anti-ghost scrolls...uh I mean stickers....and Misty holding a cross) Is this the only episode of Pokemon where religion is referenced? I mean, besides the episode where Ash and Pikachu go on a hajj to Mecca? The Santa Claus episode doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    James falling in love with the girl was pretty weird, he's gay (at least, I think he is, even though what happened in this episode). And for me, being a PokeShipper, seeing Ash and Misty dance was a good thing. 9/10. Not as good as most Kanto episodes, just less entertaining, but I still liked it.
    What's wrong with James liking a girl? It's okay sometimes if he does. Because it breaks the gay stereo type that people assume. Same thing with Ash blushing shows us that he is a boy.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    What's wrong with James liking a girl? It's okay sometimes if he does. Because it breaks the gay stereo type that people assume. Same thing with Ash blushing shows us that he is a boy.
    Not a girl. A (male) ghost.

I agree with Blazing Charmander, I really like the part at the end where Misty asks Ash to dance PokeShipping forever!!!

This is my favorite episode^_^
    if you couldn't tell..

Black 2 team

Soul Silver Team

- Under Construction-

Spoiler:- tumblr:

There couldn't be a more memorable end to the S.S Anne arc than this episode that was full of implementations from the Japanese culture. Gastly was hilarious during the battle and gave the serious narrative a humorous part. So far, it seems that some of the most best episodes out of the entire Kanto saga happened during these ten episodes. With Goodbye Butterfree coming up and afterwards the fourth badge with Sabrina, I'm enjoying myself consistently out of these span of awesome episodes.

When I watched this as a kid, I thought it was scary (in a good way.) Re-watching it now, I see that it's hilarious! Either way this is one of the better episodes.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    I liked the story behind the Maiden. I think this is one of the better episodes from the entire series. Brock and James being posessed was extremely creepered. As was the Venustoise, but that also reminded me a lot of the fusion thing they did in DBZ. Anyway the end with the dance was nice.
    I'm sorry but when I was a kid, I didn't like this episode one bit. And I also didn't see what was so great about it. Nothing got done in this episode, so it was basically a filler. So I give it a 2/10

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I'm sorry but when I was a kid, I didn't like this episode one bit. And I also didn't see what was so great about it. Nothing got done in this episode, so it was basically a filler. So I give it a 2/10
    You're giving it a two because it was a filler? I'll admit I didn't care much for this episode either, but not because it was a filler. I actually found it to be dull.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningSociety12345543210 View Post
    You're giving it a two because it was a filler? I'll admit I didn't care much for this episode either, but not because it was a filler. I actually found it to be dull.
    Yes and that too.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast