Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Ghost At Maiden's Peak (020)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Is it true Chimecho (or something very similar) is on a candle at the end? It's a thin blue line that looks like no other pokemon I know of. A mistake or what? I doubt Chimecho existed at this point, unless it was kept back for two generations.

I've been trying to get this episode to see it again because I remembered your post about this rumor for the longest time. I finally got to see it again (in Japanese) today. It does bare a striking resemblence to Chimecho on the candle.

Also the song played at the festival is the same one at the end of the first part of the BF episodes. I'll take that song anyday over Glory Day.

This was a damn good episode. Some the scenes in it remind me why I started watching Pokemon in the first place. Some of the music used was also used in the dub version as well.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

That's an amazing episode. I agree with you guys, there's never episodes like that one anymore. ):
    The Brock and James thing was funny, Ghastly was hilarious (I suppose the actual ghost taught him to talk... who taught him economics, though?), and the tradition Japanese element was interesting.

9.5/10
    98% of the female population of this forum thinks that Eeveeboy_geoff is the sexiest thing ever. If you are one of the 2% who has bad taste (or is gay, I suppose), copy-paste this into your signature. ~.^

That's an amazing episode. I agree with you guys, there's never episodes like that one anymore. ):
    The Brock and James thing was funny, Ghastly was hilarious (I suppose the actual ghost taught him to talk... who taught him economics, though?), and the tradition Japanese element was interesting.

9.5/10
    98% of the female population of this forum thinks that Eeveeboy_geoff is the sexiest thing ever. If you are one of the 2% who has bad taste (or is gay, I suppose), copy-paste this into your signature. ~.^

This epi was kool. Gastly being the Maiden and the old wowen was pretty kool. Brock and James where funny and Misty looked hot at the end with her hair down

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

I loved loved LOVED the music everytime the maiden would appear, the sad song truly one of my fav episodes.

I wonder, why is this the ONLY episode a ghost pokemon was allowed to speak human? It'd have been a nice treat if they all could.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva
    I wonder, why is this the ONLY episode a ghost pokemon was allowed to speak human? It'd have been a nice treat if they all could.
    Maybe it's because of the fact is was around the genesis of the show when plots were more fluid; no Pokemon is supposed to say more than it's own name, that's just how it is.

Perhaps this is a special ghost pokemon as meowth is a special meowth whom can talk. I still think the music cues in this episode stole the show...great writing and great score made this episode fantastic.

I know I mentioned it but everytime the Ghost made her appearnce and we heard that sad piano song it really set the mood.

Great episode, although I didn't like Misty using a cross against Gastly

A Good Episode. I thought, some parts were funny.

I agree it is a good episode and one of my favorites also liked the scene at the end Misty looked so good in that kimono that Ash was speechless. I liked that scene so much that a still from it is my avatar!

Excellent episode very funny, i'm glad 4kids left the whole Japaneses festival in the episode gives a nice little insight into Japanese culture, Misty was very pretty in her pink kimono. I loved the talking Gastly and his style of battling.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

umm may i ask what the hell happened to this episode? o.O i haven't seen this around that much...not as much as i've seen the rest of the episodes in this season. Heh anyway yet again, Brock reacting over a girl but she's a bloody statue.. lol

PINK FRIDAY

It makes your ears BLEED

I like episodes like this, that don't follow the video game, but are interesting, like the Kid's Day and the Princess Festival.

The Thing I liked about this episode is that they decided to keep the Japanese Festival in it. (for some reason, they don't do that anymore.....)
    James and Brock were funny in this episode too.
    The Ghastly was kinda funny.
    BUNP

I like this episode, and I thought it was pretty funny. Not one of my favorites, but it was okay.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

I love this episode. They just don't make this anymore. I saw this about a month ago and was like "Why is Chimeco on a laturn" turned out that it was really a chime.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Just watched this episode again yesterday, some of it is really unique, and it's a shame they didin't keep making more obscure eps like this one.

I had to laugh when I saw that YuGiOh was mentioned already in this thread, because when I saw Venustoise I was like "Polymerisation...? Here...?", and had totally forgotten it was in the ep! I felt so sorry for Ekans, but had to laugh at the mongoose standing on Koffing with a gas mask on...

That Gastly seemed pretty much on the ball, I'm sure it would've handed Sabrina's Kadabra it's butt on a plate.

I thought it was cute when James chimed in with the TR motto even though he was inside the shrine thing...

EDIT: Spelling mongoose with a capital "M"...? I'm so sorry... *fixes*
    Last edited by Batdude; 6th June 2008 at 7:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruka-chan View Post
    I remember this episode... I've only seen it once and that was six years ago o.O; Actually, almost all of the Indigo episodes I only saw once, before the Orange League started they kept playing a few episodes over and over again, and then once Orange started, once there were no new ones, they played those over and over... I hope they play the Indigo League again soon... -_-;

Really? Were James and Brock acting weird together? I don't remember that... o_O; And to think, I used to watch Pokemon with my dad... XD
    really?i still watch pokemon with my dad.

physic:YEAH!

this epispde was the first one i ever watched,but i still remember it.i remember when,pikachu zapped them,and brock said,"ugh....who am i,i am brock."then james said,"i'm james.i'm from team rocket.wheeeee!!!!!!!"then he flew in the air.then jessie said,"he's back." then meowth said,"but no-james flies by saying wee!!-t to normal."

physic:YEAH!

There was one problem about Venatoise in this episode as mentioned by SMYN: Venasaur and Blastoise didn't perform the fusion dance as seen from DBZ.

episodes with ghost pokemon are fun no doubt about it, i love the pranks

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

This episode was so full of Japanese culture notes i'm surprised 4kids didn't ban it for not being western enough. Goes to show you can still watch something thats forign and enjoy its cultural differences.

This episode was... pretty Japanese. XD

Like Ronni7 before me said, I'm surprised this one didn't get heavy censoring (at the very least) by the lovely folks at 4Kids. Demons in cultural reference, ancient Japanese temples, sacred sutras... at any rate, I'm glad the episode didn't get too butchered by 4Kids. There's just something senselessly amusing about Brock and James hanging onto each other and giggling like schoolgirls.

Did anyone else think it was funny that Ash didn't fall victim to the "Maiden's" Spell? The old hag discussing the legend said the Maiden makes men fall for her, but Ash was a guy last time I checked... meh, it's probably because Brock was 15 (I think) at the time, so I guess he's closer to being qualified as a "man" than Ash.

Again, another classic. I wish we could see that Gastly again sometime.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

My guess is that "men" is defined as "at least started puberty". At 10, Ash is still a few years shy, and so would not be affected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast