Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye, Butterfree (021)

This is the one moment in the series where Ash let go of a Pokemon for a good reason. Butterfree wanted to cross the ocean with his mate and Ash was kind and respectful enough to let him do so. I find this to be far more of a touching episode than a tragic one.
    Nurse Joy: We hope to see you again! (Translation: We hope you get the crap beaten out of you so that you require medical treatment again!) Not so nice in a different light, is it?

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

that episode was so sad...butterfree was the first pokemon ash let go, wasn't it?
    Team Palkia
    <--- Palkia's 3D twin

It was a sad episode, maybe because Butterfree leaved.
    but i loved Butterfree's courage, especially when it saved the pink Butterfree.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Not very often when a Pokemon episode almost makes you cry ;_;

I think it was prefect, a perfect blend of action and drama. Glad Butterfree found a lover though I wish it would appear again for one episode.

Sad but at least it was cool, 10/10

To be honest, I remember disliking how Ash would often release his old Pokemon. But it was still a heartwarming episode.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

THe Buterfree and his pink mate are seen in an opening for one of the later seasons, I think the Battle Frontier ones.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

ButterFree must leave Ash or else it won have babies.
    KO<Red<Orange<Green
    HEALTHBAR

Shinies: and more..
    -------------------------------------
    Challenges
    ----------
    Emerald Scramble Challenge
    Lv45 Lonely
    Lv43 Adamant
    Lv40 Adamant
    Badges:5
    Sea Training
    ----------

Butterfree was one of Ash's best Pokemon, too bad it left the show so soon.

8.5/10

Yeah.....And 'they will meet again'...

*CoughasifCough*

Very, very sad episode. I had high hopes for Butterfree and thought he would be with Ash forever and battle at the pokemon league, but I was wrong. I sure hope Ash and Butterfree re-unite someday, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Not very often when a Pokemon episode almost makes you cry ;_;

I think it was prefect, a perfect blend of action and drama. Glad Butterfree found a lover though I wish it would appear again for one episode.

Sad but at least it was cool, 10/10
    Haha almost? We all know that everyone cried during this episode. I know that I did and I was a little 8 year old boy.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLee View Post
    Haha almost? We all know that everyone cried during this episode. I know that I did and I was a little 8 year old boy.
    I didn't, maybe it's because I found it to be more annoying than sad. Why have Ash release a Pokemon and then not replace it? Note that I saw this after most of the Kanto episodes.

I didn't, maybe it's because I found it to be more annoying than sad. Why have Ash release a Pokemon and then not replace it? Note that I saw this after most of the Kanto episodes.
    Oh! Well eventually it did get replaced. Butterfree's leaving meant that Ash could have all three starters, pigdeotto/pideot, pikachu, and an opening for all of the wild cards that he caught like Muk, Tauros, and Kingler.

I agree with you on that. Pikachu, Pidgeotto, and 3 Starters did become annoying. He did have Primeape, but he ditched it, and then he got Muk, but apparently he couldn't stand the smell of it so he sent em' to Oak's. It was almost like, "Wait, maybe they're leaving that sixth spot open because Butterfree will retu-*shot*"

Regardless, it was a very sad episode, and I think I got teary-eyed the first time I watched it way back when.

The Blue Taillow

I just watched this episode for the first time in years. Holy crap this is sad. The writers GOT to bring Butterfree back.
    Check out my new blog! I discuss video game related stuff, including Pokémon.

[IMG]http://i37.*******.com/29fxfti.png[/IMG]

I almost cried when Butterfree has left.

At least the writers didn't have Ash getting cried too... The first pokemon he have ever caught...

One of the saddest eps in the show. I was sobbing like crazy and it doesn't help that we didn't get to see Butterfree again.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

One of the saddest eps in the show. I was sobbing like crazy and it doesn't help that we didn't get to see Butterfree again.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I just finished watching this and I still found it as sad as the first time I saw it. I almost cried and I normally never cry at anything I watch. Sad that he released it so soon and that Butterfree doesn't show up again.
    HeartGold FC: 5199 5555 6743

My worst memory of Pokémon. I cry everytime I even think of it. I loved Ash's Butterfree! I didn't cry when Pikachu seemed to leave, because I knew the writers wouldn't let that happen, they would never let Pikachu leave. I also cried when Charizard, Squirtle, Pidgeot, Lapras, Misty and Brock left, but that was nothing compared to this! This is the saddest moment in Pokemon history... I have no problems with admitting the fact that I start crying when I even think about Ash's Butterfree...
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 4th January 2012 at 6:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factory Head Noland View Post
    I know in the Japanese version it says Butterfree "died" but I'm choosing not to believe it, Butterfree is still with the pink Butterfree and all of their lil baby Caterpie in my head.
    Though Bulbapedia is not the most reliable thing, it does say there that the Butterfree die after they mate is a wrong translation (I also think that=P)

So, Butterfree is mainly still alive...

In a flashback in a Battle Dimension episode, you see Ash's Butterfree and its pink mate.
    Ash says 'I wonder what it's doing right now a lot' to the elite four guy (forgot his name)

I dont think he says anything about it being dead in the Japanese version

More proof is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team where there is a butterfree and you have to find its baby Caterpie in something
    Not sure if its also in red rescue, but for now I know Butterfree is alive
    Last edited by Tyranitar Rules; 10th December 2010 at 10:49 AM.
    Hello!

xD

Even though it was really sad, I liked this episode. It was great seeing Butterfree get accepted by the Pink Butterfree.

60/100

I was sad and a little mad seeing Butterfree go. After all, it was the first Pokemon Ash actually caught and it wasn't on the show that long. ;___;

But the episode was also really touching. I was moved by how Butterfree loved the pink one so much that it worked so hard to rescue it. ^_^

I cried. I had to be honest. But I was like 7 at the time, so it was okay for a boy to cry about shows.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

I remember watching this when it first aired, I was traumatized as a kid because Butterfree was my favorite then. I remember that I cried myself to sleep that night, lol. But I just watched it again and it is still SO sad. It would be great to see it come back sometime.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast