Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye, Butterfree (021)

I cried one of the best episode's of the first season. I loved Butterfree 10/10

Omg I loved that Butterfree when I was young. Definitely one of the saddest moments in the old episodes ): *cries more*

while i was watching this episode for the first time i was like 'its gonna come back, its gonna come back'....it didnt come back :'(
    ~Respect The Ultimate Team~

Thanks to PKMNRookie for the pic

ok so did butterfree die? i wanna know
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

I cried in that episode. I loved that Butterfree. What can I say? Sometimes the writers like to do a couple of dick moves.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 15th July 2011 at 11:06 PM.

One of the only episodes that can make me cry

Too bad we never saw Butterfree again after this

This was a sad episode for me. I thought that it was much sadder than Pikachu's episode. It was sad that Butter free had to go since it was Ash's first capture and I took a liking to it since it was cute as a Caterpie and lasted as a Metapod for only one episode (I don't like Metapod). At least it had a proper send out. The pink Butter free must be one of kind though. I feel that it would be interesting to see more alternate color Pokémon a like pink Butterfree.

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    ok so did butterfree die? i wanna know
    It doesn't die.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Butterfree found love and never saw Ash again. I miss it.

This episode almost made me cry. so it gets a perfect 10.
    Help Staryu, will you?

I have claimed Houndoom.
    When you start something, finish it.

I watched this episode for the first time in nearly four years and I'll say this: Unusual choice for music when Butterfree departs.
    Anyway, seeing Team Rocket when tehy get scared that Pikachu is going to shock them is still hilarious and never fails to amuse me. But, the defining moment would be Butterfree leaving, it made a 21-year-old cry even after all these years, but Primeape, Charizard, Piegeot leaving didn't make me cry in the past, go figure.
    Diamond F.C.: 4467-8858-1499 name: Walter

Pokedex progress
    Diamond: N'tl: 490 seen, 490 obtained. 4 years, I completed the Pokedex!

It was more sad because it was his first Pokémon. I still don't think he should have let that Butterfree go forever though. It would have been nice to see some sort of reunion. Brilliant episode!

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Splitzman View Post
    I watched this episode for the first time in nearly four years and I'll say this: Unusual choice for music when Butterfree departs.
    Anyway, seeing Team Rocket when tehy get scared that Pikachu is going to shock them is still hilarious and never fails to amuse me. But, the defining moment would be Butterfree leaving, it made a 21-year-old cry even after all these years, but Primeape, Charizard, Piegeot leaving didn't make me cry in the past, go figure.
    For me, this applies "semi". I did cry when Ash's Charizard, Squirtle, Lapras and Pidgeot left (but that was nothing compared to Butterfree), but when, for example, Ash's Gliscor left, I didn't care.
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 4th January 2012 at 7:18 PM.

Best Episode Ever. i cried the first time i watched this, cried when i rewatched it and cried when i rewatched it again. :'( So sad. the ending was plain perfect, the music, the flashbacks. Butterfree trying his best so the pink one could accept it. perfect. they even managed to put some comedic relief here, with ash misty and brock imitating team rocket's moto. And Pikachu crying, Butterfree crying as well. just to sad man, to sad man. Best Pokemon Ever for the worst reasons ever. Cheers

The chosen ones (for now)

Nice episode... That was the first shiny pokemon of the series I think

This episode was so sad.

I'm watcing it now...I think I'm gonna cry soon...

imagesCAUJUI93.jpg

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! Bye Bye Butterfree!!!

One of THE best episodes in Pokemon. I watched it again on DVD recently and I absolutely loved it. Butterfree and the Pink Butterfree's love story was great. It went from Butterfree being rejected to her falling in love with him when he's trying to save him. This was the first episode where Ash had to say goodbye to one of his Pokemon except Raticate which he only had for a few minutes and that wasn't emotional at all. The ending was emotional. Very well done. You could tell Ash loved Butterfree and when you go back and watch that episode on the St. Anne where Ash is upset that he traded Butterfree and wants to get it back and goes through all that trouble just to get it back. And then of course, Butterfree talking to Pikachu about someday he will be a Butterfree and learn how to fly. Butterfree was a very well developed character. Very good story arc. Even if it only lasted 20 episodes Then of course, let us not forget "HE'S GONNA SHOCK US", which was one of the most hilarious Pokemom moments. And this was the first time Ash, Misty and Brock imitated TRio I believe. I have nothing bad to say. EXCELLENT EPISODE. 10/10.

I didn't mind that Butterfree left. He was boring and had no personality.

Probably the saddest episode ever in the anime. ;-;
    It's a awesome episode, but to this day I still think Butterfree needed more development... I mean come on, it was the first Pokemon Ash ever caught, and all it gets after this episode is a small mention in some DP episode? :/
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

One of the saddest episodes of pokemon.
    I walk in the dark. I'm lost in the forest and I haven't seen a single human in days. I hear something. It's coming from a bush. I carefully walk towards it. I saw something black and yellow in the bush. Thats when I met my partner: Umbreon

This is Dragonite. If you think that Dragonite is better then & then copy and paste this into your signature. Started by misunderstoodhero.

Currently re-watching pokemon season 1-5

Current season: 3

Next episode to watch: 125 - Spinarak attack

This episode was a huge step on Ash's character development, I mean it was sad and all but Ash learnt a lot about pokemon because of Butterfree.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

One of the saddest episodes(
    I really liked Ash's Butterfree and at the beginning it was my favourite Pokemon

Ash's first caught Pokemon, when it flashes back to all the memories of Butterfree it is just so sad, and when it's leaving with the pink butterfree, it's still a better love story than Twilight!
    A wild Snorlax appeared

SS - 4170 0921 2559

in all honesty, this ONE episode is what made me like butterfree. Heck as of now, I think he only bug type that I ever used in my teams would be butterfree.
    No Scizor (Overrated on competitive), Heracross (though I'm liking it a bit, I hate getting megahorn'd), or even volcarona (Curses that Alder)
    Current Chapter: 36: Inner Mountain Province (Click the Banner above)

The only thing I regret is that this episode should have happened 40 episodes later. Butterfree was Ash's first caught Pokémon and it got some screening time, but it was limited as opposed to the other Pokémons Ash had during that time-period. The episode itself is amazing. Everything is smoothly combined in a humorous story with a nice rescue and ending with a dramatic goodbye that made everyone having a small tear back in the day. Again, the writers had then proven they had plenty of creativity.

This episode always makes me sad. Now, it doesn't make me as sad as it did years ago, but it still makes me sad. At least Butterfree got to go with someone he loved. Bye, bye Butterfree; we'll miss you.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast