Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye, Butterfree (021)

This epsiode is the only thing on TV that has ever made me cry, It was sad... what more can I say?

I was really sad Butterfree left, he was way better than primeape.
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

first capture: only 19 episodes.....
    <-|-| 0 T (not ash)

One of the sadest episode ever.

Buterfree was so cute, He can't just let him there, going nowhere with a nobody that buterfree didn't know 1 day before^^

One of the episodes that made me cry. The Pikachu waving scene will always be real memorable to me.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 8:19 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Kanto was overall freaking brilliant this episode was one of the best episodes in the series
    3,5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Igottapoo View Post
    One of the episodes that made me cry. The Pikachu waving scene will always be real memorable to me.
    That was a sad part poo, but the bit that got me, was when Ash was saying about telling the other Pokemon that Butterfree was going on a trip, and that it'd be back someday.

That's when i started crying, i watched it with one of my little cousins and he looked at me as if i was crazy.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I really did cry over this episode, even now whenever i see it on TV, poor Butterfree..i miss him ;_;
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Personally, this is one of my favorite episodes. I honestly cried a little the first time I watched it.
    Seriously, I even went out and bought the tape with the episode on it so I can watch it whenever I want. ! It's so cute When I watched it, it reminded me kinda of life. When you love something you still have to eventually let it go.

One of the saddest episodes (the second is the Pikachu's Goodbye), and...

Watching this episodes also has some after-effects, like...
    It makes me feel "guilty" defeating a Butterfree in my D/P/Platinum games (or any Pokemon game)
    In the Battle Frontier, all I have to do is, if I wanna win, of course we do, but we don't have much choice, is to look away from the DS while defeating that Butterfree (and shut down the volume so that I don't wanna hear their cry before they faint).
    Yeah, that's why I don't play much in the Battle Frontier, especially the first rounds, because the trainers use "weak" pokemon at first and defeating them makes us guilty for some reason (no offense, but unfortunately, Butterfree is one of 'em... )

And the later episodes are less impressive though than the Kanto episodes.

I wonder where the Butterfrees went though...
    Mt.Coronet??? or did they see Aaron?
    (Just a speculation though...)
    I'll be inactive for some time here. If you wanna find me, meet me at Smogon

Aww that was so depressing!!
    His first capture.... gone so soon!
    Well at least he'll never release Pikachu.
    Then I'll REALLY REALLY REALLY cry. :[

It'd be nice if Butterfree was like Charizard....
    Then Ash can have it back at anytime...
    They made such a cute team too....
    Byebye Butterfree!
    -sobs-

Yaaaay my first sig! x3

Still. Hating. High school.
    Still. No. DS.

</3
    RAWR

ash should meet butterfree again

I'm still hopeful that Butterfree will make a return.

I don't think it's gone forever.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

i got a good feeling that Butterfree will make a comeback pretty soon, i'm shure about it BUTTERFREE ROCKS!!!!

and i love this episode

ha, I was just watching this a few hours ago and was sitting thinking about how it's possible for Butterfree to come back. I think they did excellent writing it out from Ash's team, but would love a filler ep with it in. It would be easy enough to write butterfree back in and something tells me they left it like that for a reason. Whether that reason was scrapped or not, who knows?

Ash did the right thing, for Butterfree. Butterfree will always be in our hearts....

The episodes sad, also it was funny w/ jessie and the jackhammer.

The Most Emotional Episode Ever! 10/10

this episode made me cry like a baby as a young child. first appearance of a shiny pokemon too, good episode on the whole
    Friend code white version:3396 3531 7210

Theepisode where Butterfree left. I didn't get a chance to watch this episode before Ash battled Sabrina. I was thinking, "Bug Type is better than Psychic, use Butterfree idiot)! However, when I did see this episode, I didn't know that Butterfree would leave. When he did though, I blubbered like a baby though for about 5 minutes. Truly emotional and nice to see Team Rocket being dominant (nearly capturing all the Butterfree). Also, their line "It's gonna shock us" repeating faster is gold. Finally, Brock/whoever says that Butterfree will die after producing offspring is dubbed for sure, I'm not sure on the Japanese version.
    10/10
    Diamond F.C.: 4467-8858-1499 name: Walter

Pokedex progress
    Diamond: N'tl: 490 seen, 490 obtained. 4 years, I completed the Pokedex!

butterfree will come back some day i know it!
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Sorry, but Butterfree is probably too busy raising a family with that Pink Butterfree. :C
    Please click them. :3

Yay for raising a thread from the dead. It would be ironic if ash catches the offspring of those 2 butterfrees. lol's all around

FC:4640-9215-5245
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=404315
    ^
    Go to my sprite thread [IMG]http://i32.*******.com/14oc31x.gif[/IMG] pikachu demands it

Some people look at a glass of water and say it's half full, while others look at it and say it's half empty. I look at it and say "It's a glass of water"

It was sad to see Ash give up Butterfree. But I guess he did the right thing, as both Butterfrees fell in love.

This was my first sad moment in the Anime...
    Although I thought the Pink Butterfree was so pretty <3, it was sad to see Butterfree go; especially since it was Ash's first caught Pokemon. But, the way Butterfree saved that Pink Butterfree was so cute & sweet; I'm glad it found happiness & wasn't lonely :P
    The end of this episode was definitely a tear jerker, especially when it showed flashbacks about Butterfree & how Ash cried. It definitely made me cry the first time I saw it.

I give this episode a:
    9.3/10
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast