Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abra & The Psychic Showdown (022)

This was so cool. The battling seemed a little unfair to Ash but I still love love love the plot ^_^ Dollies yay.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it was a good episode, such a bad timing when abra evolved that really caused some trouble:P

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

The thing with the doll was a little creepy.

I liked how Pikachu's attack got turned around, just as it was about to hit.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

When i saw this on the first time i tought it was kinda scary ^_^; all cuz of Sabrina
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

One scary, well not really scary part in the episode is the little girl with the hat, the girl that is suposed to be the counterpart of Sabrina in the past. Another werid part is when someone says that you need to have psychic powers to control a psychic pok&#233;mon but if you see another episodes people that doesn't have psychic pok&#233;mon can control them.

I always wondered about Abra's evolution.

Did it evolve itself or did Sabrina have something to do with it?

It seemed to me like she was telling it to evolve.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Another cool episode. It was one of the first times I ever seen teleport. I thought they were turned into nothing back when I first seen this episode. I knew about the shrinking thing, though. However, the little girl did look creepy in the first scene her eyes are shown.

I miss the old gym leaders, they were my favorite. In the sinnoh now they have to have like 5 episodes for each gym leader to meet Ash. I think it's dumb. on the old ones he went and battled and that was it.
    I liked kadabra on this b/c it was some of the few times you saw it.
    BLINK-182-----SUMMER TOUR-----
    It was awesome~~~~
    Fall Out Boy rocked too~~~~
    CONCERT BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE

This episode was good, Ash had trouble dealing with Sabrina...

Sabrina in this episode is creepy, but I still like her. I always like girls with cool personality.

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Spoiler:- Credit:

Gahh, this was an awesome episode! I remember being scared of that creepy little girl when I was little, lol. Isn't it funny how Ash's Pikachu couldn't beat a Kadabra, while when he was facing Anabel, he was able to take it down :P But anyways, I thought it was pretty cool the way the writers came up with the idea to shrink Ash & friends. I also lol'd when Ash walked in on a supposed "naked" lady & Brock ate plastic food...haha.

I give this episode a:
    8.7/10
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

You know, even though Sabrina is made out to be super tough and completely unbeatable, she obviously has never won a battle in her life since becoming gym leader. If she always has that policy of shrinking her losing challengers and putting them in a dollhouse, why were no other trainers there? If she was really as tough as she is made to appear, there would be a crowd of people running around in there. Perhaps it had to do with the fact that every previous opponent was going up against Abra (presumably) but Ash was facing a newle evolved Kadabra.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Good epsode, Abra evolved but hit Pikachu so hard after that....
    Sabrina was so mean.. it was hard to watch how Kadabra hits Pikachu...
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Odd title considering there is only one Psychic Pokemon which evolved meaning it was still only one Pokemon.

I liked Sabrina's cold attitude, it worked well for a spooky gym. I liked how Pikachu lost to Kadabra, it pleased me.

A good episode, 10/10

An excellent and memorable episode which unfortunately has a few plotholes. What comes to mind is that there are no other trapped trainers in the dollhouse. This could have been cleared up by adding a line of dialogue to Sabrina's father such as "Those who face her wrath are eventually lost forever" or something to the same effect.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
    What comes to mind is that there are no other trapped trainers in the dollhouse.
    Actually there was (I think). Remember the doll in the bathtub? Remember how Sabrina can turn people into dolls? Yeah, you didn't think she'd turn them into dolls and never treat them like dolls, did you?
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Actually there was (I think). Remember the doll in the bathtub? Remember how Sabrina can turn people into dolls? Yeah, you didn't think she'd turn them into dolls and never treat them like dolls, did you?
    I believe that doll is supposed to be a "real" doll. If it was a person, then it should have turned into a human again when Ash, Misty, Brock and Sabrina's mother did. Also, when Misty and Brock were turned into "literal" dolls, they at least retained the ability to speak to one another.

It could just be that spending a long time in Sabrina's world will eventually take one's conscience, but there's no reference to this in the cartoon. And even granting that that doll was real, there should have been more than one since Sabrina's transformation seemingly took place years and years ago.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
    An excellent and memorable episode which unfortunately has a few plotholes. What comes to mind is that there are no other trapped trainers in the dollhouse. This could have been cleared up by adding a line of dialogue to Sabrina's father such as "Those who face her wrath are eventually lost forever" or something to the same effect.
    This episode reminded me of that "Are You Afraid Of The Dark" episode where the girls were turned into dolls. Anyway, it was a nice intro for Jasmine.

I loved this episode. Sabrina is so intimidating and the little girl ghost doll she had sitting on her lap was very creepy. I didn't think the Abra would be a threat at the beginning but after it evolved I knew it would be a problem. Great episode.

I thought I posted in this thread, hm

Anyways good and creepy episode, I think Sabrina is the only Gym leader of all to be so creepy, and that doll was creepy as well. There are certain Gym leaders who's personality sets them from the rest (Gardenia for example, she is kooky and probably kind of kinky). I don't think Sabrina spoke that much (Aside from saying Abra and asking Ash where Haunter was_
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

When I 1st watched this episode, I was terrified of Sabrina. The 2nd time on I wasn't. I really enjoyed seeing Psychic pokemon in action, and seeing Psychic attack for the 1st time. Not 1 of the best gym battles, but good.

62/100

I found Sabrina's character to be really creepy when I watched this when I was younger. She just seemed so emotionless and robotic compared to the other Kanto Gym Leaders. Turning people into dolls was disturbing. And that big doll she had...that thing was scary. I didn't even know what it was for when I first saw this episode. I kinda just thought that she was insane or something. o_O

I liked how Abra was sleeping or something when it first came out. I was thinking that the gym battle would be quick and easy, but then Abra evolved and absolutely destroyed Ash.
    I guess he was lucky it didn't ever evolve into an Alakazam. I wonder how that would've played out.

My favourite part was when Sabrina's dad made Ash dance with his pants down.

This is a creepy episode. Sabrina was so scary. It was cool to see Her Abra evolve into a Kadabra,it was so strong. The doll was creepy. I expected Ash to lose,Psychic is a powerful type.

Best episode ever. One of the only ones that has stuck in my mind since I was young. I always remembered the toy-box and I actually wanted to be in the box xD. Was surprised when Abra evolved mid-battle without doing anything. Also the marsh badge, i thought it was 6th, turns out it was 4th. Oh well.
    3DS FC: 0791-1843-0552

This episode is actually my favorite episode in the entire show's run. I thought that the way Sabrina was portrayed was great and Team Rocket didn't do too much either. I also loved seeing Pikachu get crushed by Kadabra.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast