Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abra & The Psychic Showdown (022)

in my opinion, sabrina was the most creative and interesting gym leader in the anime. cmon, who else could turn you into a doll? i loved the battle, but kadabra seemed like it was as powerful as mewtwo. Loved the episode! 10/10

this is my fav episode.its realy scary though.you could make a realy cool horror film out of sabrina.

Quote Originally Posted by The Super Venonat King V
    1- how can Abra battle with only Teleport and win?? cause sabrina´s father said that she won all the matches that she battled...with an abra...

2- when abra evolved, kadabra learned many moves *including psychic*, but even in cartoon pkmns have an order of moves to learn, it´s impossible!(they did it very bad)
    1.) Maybe Abra just teleported around until the opposition wore itself out. Or maybe it made the opponent teleport into something. You've forgotten that Abra(according to his dex entry) can teleport others as well. Why not teleport Pikachu onto the ceiling and let it drop. Rinse and repeat.

More likely tho...

2.) Abra knew Psychic originally. Psychic is a TM after all, and can be bred down into an Abra. Recover, I can't explain. But in the Collesium game, on Quick Battle, one of the Pokemon options is an elemental punching Abra with recover(which is impossible to create...but still).

I'm kinda annoyed they called this Abra and the Psychic Showdown when he only gets about a minute of airtime before he evolves. I would have much preffered to see Abra at least play around with Pikachu using his teleport ability first.

Still THE Ace of Abra.

Oh, hey! We started updating comics again! Keep watching my DA for new comics and be sure to comment in the Fan Comic section!

This was the first episode I ever saw, and I loved it! It's full of funny bits, especially brock in the dolls' house. I haven't seen it for ages but I remeber it being good.
    60% of SPPF don't miss the glitches Missingno and 'M from R/B/Y/G/S/C. If you are one of those 40% who miss our pals the glitches, copy and paste this into your signature (started by MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO)

Smile

Do you think Ash might of won against Abra/Kadanra if he siill had his Butterfree cause it's a bug type?

This episode had some really good scenes like...

1) Ash gets grossed out when he realizes TR kissed him.

2) Ash gets grossed out when he sees a doll in the bathtub.

3) Brock eats plastic cake and almost breaks his teeth.

4) Ash and co. almost get hit by a ball.

A lot more but would take for ever!

In the R/B/Y days Psychic types were pretty much the most superior type due to the sheer lack of attacked that could damage them. Butterfree didn't learn any bug attack moves that could have done effective damage against Kadabra. Though it was messed up how upon Kadabra knew the most powerful techniques available to it upon evolution maybe Abra was already at a really high level . The thing that bugged me was that Abra MUST have know some attacked moves via TMs, otherwise how else did Sabrina manage to stay gym leader against other trainers without any attacking pokemon? Either Abra knew some other moves besides teleport or she had other pokemon that we just never saw. It's a pity we'll probably never seen sabrina or any of the other Kanto gym leaders again.
    My Pokemon Y friend safari: Normal type (Lillpup, Minccino & Eevee)
    Seeking dragon safari - Dratini!

My Black 2 PWT Singles Champion teams
    Team 1: Team 2:

My Black 2 PWT Type Expert champions
    Normal: Grass: Fire: Water:
    Electric: Ice: Fighting: Poison:
    Ground: Flying: Psychic: Bug:
    Rock: Ghost Dark: Steel:
    Dragon:

3DS Friend code: 0903-3206-5594

The thing with Kadabra attacking Pikachu repeatedly without a strikeback was that Kadabra was using one Psychic attack the whole time. Remember that Alakazam did it differently against Charizard in the Orange League.

Also, I loved this episode. Best of Kanto. You never see a gym leader toy with Ash like this anymore. Sabrina utterly dominated Pikachu.

The whole personality thing with sabrina was great, as were the gags in this episode (Ash was very dense) and the music.

Equip 2: Coming soon to F117

Unhappy Omg

HE COULD HAVE WON WITH BUTTERFREE! EX:PWNs
    The banner in your sig was too big, so your sig was deleted. Please read the sig rules.

This epi kinda freaked me out when i first saw it. When i watched this epi again before i realised that Sabrina owned ash so bad. The doll thing was freaky. 6/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_stm
    Do you think Ash might of won against Abra/Kadanra if he still had his Butterfree cause it's a bug type?
    That could actually be (but probably isn't) why Ash released Butterfree one ep. earlier. The makers of Pokemon wanted Ash to spend several episodes battleing Sabrina, and they knew if he had Butterfree it would either:

A) Take one episode and not have all the funny bits in it. Or,

B) It would have confused fans of the gameboy games.

So, to avoid that problem, they had Ash release Butterfree.
    60% of SPPF don't miss the glitches Missingno and 'M from R/B/Y/G/S/C. If you are one of those 40% who miss our pals the glitches, copy and paste this into your signature (started by MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO)

Now that I think about it, I think its true.

Except Butterfree had no (nor could it learn) Bug-type attacks. Show's type advantage would be meaningless. Then the anime decided to do a complete 360 on the Ghost/Psychic match up and made Ghosts strong against Psychic types.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I loved this episode, Sabrina's gym was probably the best in the entire series.

- James crossdressing is always funny, a convincing disguise this time 0__o Funny, when they kissed Ash

- Wasn't that the silph co.? I say this because the building was large and there was a warp tile. Still would've been nice to have a TR invasion though

- The battle was cool, nice to see Sabrina link to Abra with her psychic powers. I actually thought the ending was plausible and not a pity badge.

- The doll house was probably the coolest scene. It looked like a real town but Brock eats a glass cake, Xd.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al View Post
    I don't like how they made Psychics in the anime. They are too uber.
    I agree. I mean, sure the Psychic Types are strong, but their not the end-all Types of Pokemon.

Anyway, a OK episode.

I love Sabrina, and I miss good gymn leaders with personality. Even if in the game they didn't have a personality, in the anime (only first season) they had a unique and beautiful story. Sabrina's powers and she being the girl that followed Ash and co made ma clap. Really intelligent storyline. I loved psychic Pokemon since I watched this epp, they are very powerful.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

I watched this episode today, and boy before a Dark Pokemon came along, Psychic was impossible to beat except for a Ghost or BUg, but they barely had any attacks.

Sabrina was the first gym leader I ever seen in the whole POkemon series. And she was creepy but loved her personality, the doll of her was freakin annoying with the laugh it kept doing. She who barely showed emotion was simply a cool character but her true self came back later on.

It was cool how the show was still more fantasized as it compared to now how they have to battle like mystic forces, and the whole psychic power thing. Ash, Brock, and MIsty turned into the size of dolls and stuck in the doll house.

The whole prize thing was funny how they fell for it and it made me laugh when the co. ignored Team Rocket motto over the TV montior. Good episode and simply never forget.

Although I liked how Sabrina got an interesting back story like Brock and Misty, they made it seem like Psychic pokemon were uber in these episodes. I liked the episode itself as it was very interesting and hilarious at times but then the pSYcHiCS aRe L33t!!!!!111111+shift1111!! really bugged me.

Sabrina was really cool
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

This episode = Totally awesome.

Sabrina! Phsychic pokemon! Yay! ^_^

When my little sister watched this episode she was scared of the doll in Sabrina's lap and the fact that if Ash lost he would be trapped in the doll house.

I, however thought this was a really cool episode. Sabrina is awesome and so was this ep.
    [IMG]http://i16.*******.com/6gl23xc.png[/IMG]

A good episode no other gym leader in the series will match Sabrina in her cold and callous nature as she comes off in this episode, the only 2 that might come close are Giovanni and Pryce. I likes seeing Ash overconfident in this episode up until he actually got into Sabrina's room of the gym then he was starting to question if he wanted to be their. I got a laugh out of the whole winning a contest trap that they fell into and the fact that the the gang ignored the TR motto.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

It was a cool ep. I was just kinda freaked out then, as I was still kinda young when it aired
    ;[

what happened.

How very evil. Child dolls are always freaky, especially with red eyes! I remember watching this on SM:tv Live all those years ago, the first time around!
    But as an episode, and beginning to the Sabrina arc, I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, and would like to think that yes, Ash definitely would have stood a better chance if Abra hadn't evolved. He still probably would've lost though...

Do the Robot!

Sabrina scared me when I was little. I didn't like this episode when I was little, but I think it's okay now.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

This was one of Team Rocket's better schemes. Trap Ash & co in a room with no way out and steal Pikachu. But that little doll came by and made things that much better ^_^

After Team Rocket gave Ash & co. those Hawaiian lei's and revealed their disguises, he best line was obviously Ash: "Team Rocket! ... EWW, they kissed me! BLAH! *rips off the lei*" XD I almost died!

The Gym battle... was humiliating ^^; Kadabra wiped the floor with Pikachu - literally. I couldn't bear to watch...

It was also pretty cool when they were turned into dolls. Brock ate a plastic cake, lol. And Ash saw a naked doll in a tub, lmao!

Wow, a whole lot of stuff in a single episode, eh? o_o

Still, loved it! A classic for sure.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast