Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Tower of Terror! (023)

they really made ghastly, haunter, and gengar seem like some really scary i can't believe i'm seeing a ghost type of characters. they emphasize it so much. of course it's normal to show them this way, but then you compare it to future episodes where they show a misdreavus, sableye, and duskulls like nothing. at first it was "wow, i can't believe it, a ghost pokemon"! then it turned into, "oh, a ghost pokemon, okay". but this episode was awesome. i still didn't like that haunter was the one that went with ash instead of gengar, but that's my opinion.

and did ash die for a while? i wonder if this episode would've been banned today because of that.

It was fun with all the Ghost stuff going on.

It was sad when Ash "died" and Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar wanted someone to play with. I really wish they had gone on with Ash or something. Haunter went with Ash but stayed with Sabrina...

6/10

Haunter was great, it came with Ash and it was good for him to think he can beat Sabrina.
    And how Ash hold Misty was very funny.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Oh somebody used necromancy in this thread, about time because it is one of my favorite episodes ever.

Ghost pokemon were special back then, just look at how rare they make them seem. Gastly, Haunter and Gengar were playful but it was a sad moment when Misty tries to wake Ash up. It was awkward the way Ash and Pikachu flew out of their bodies, kind of like death but not sure.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Haunter's decision to come with Ash was pretty strange. I mean why actually Haunter? I think Haunter, Gastly and Gengar have chose between them who wants to go with him. Eventually, Haunter was chose, probably.

I just wish that instead of being funny, they have made the friends to almost faint.

I loved when ghost Ash lifted Misty into the air and made Brock catch her. Major giggles.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I don't think Ash and Pikachu died as much as had some kind of out-of-body experience. Depends on how you look at it I guess.

I like the little Pokeshipping hints in this episode, like when Ash and Misty held hands through the fog and Ash lifted her into the air as a ghost.
    HeartGold FC: 5199 5555 6743

LOVED THIS EPISODE!
    It was so funny, what with Ash trying to catch Jessie and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by poke_girl View Post
    I heard this ep had it's title changed after 9/11, is this true?
    They just stopped showing it
    Good thing I got the Indigo league dvds
    Hello!

xD

Not 1 of my favorite episodes. Other than the comedy throughout such as Ash scaring Misty/Brock, the episode was too slow for my liking.

30/100

This was probably one of my favourite episodes in the first season. I think that that gastly, haunter and gengar are the most goofiest pokemon ever.
    Pokemon HG FC - 3267 0193 6201
    Pokemon Black FC - 2537 2934 3387
    I'm looking for flawless, shiny and event Pokemon
    My Event Pokemon:
        Spoiler:- Events:

I think this episode was both funny and creepy.

It was funny because of how Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar behaved. They're just so goofy with their facial expressions and having their own playroom. I loved the part at the end where they had Team Rocket tied up on the Merry-Go-Round. ^_^

I always found the whole Ash and Pikachu died thing to be creepy. It seemed weird to see them having fun being ghosts - if that were me, I'd be freaked out and depressed knowing that I was dead. Then when they were revived, I was creeped out when I saw the next episode, because I could not get over the fact that they were DEAD just one episode earlier. O___o

But overall it was a good episode.

This episode was funny and cool. I liked the part where Ash got hit by the Chandelire and he was a ghost that part was so cool. Haunter is such a goof. It was weird to see a ghost type cry. 7/10

this episode is probably one of my favorites, mostly because I find it funny that Ash has "died" like at least 3 times in the anime but he never stays dead. This is also a really funny episode.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I just watched this episode again and it is one of the best and funniest episodes of the original series. Something confused me though, why doesn't the Pokedex have any information on the ghost pokemon?

I felt that this was annoying episode. I never found Ghastly, Haunter, or Gengar the least bit funny so I quickly grew tired of their antics. Since a lot of this episode revolved around their antics, this episode ranks pretty low on my favorites list for Kanto.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Charmander, Pikachu,and Ash were hilarious in this!
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

I found the whole concept of Ash and Pikachu dying a little bit odd... The Gengar, Haunter and Gastly were amazing in this episode though. I remember finding it a lot more fun to watch when I was younger. lol

xxx

Ash's scary face in the beginning was hilarious. The concept of Ash and Pikachu dying creeped me out when I was a little kid... But this was a fun episode and a nice debute for Haunter and Gengar. I love all Kanto episodes. This was one of the worst, but still very good, 9/10.

This has to be one of my other favorite episode because ash desides to scare misty which also shows that he likes her
    Ash and Misty forever

This episode was just like going to haunted house attraction and laugh yourself off while there. This episode was really cool and while it was imo not the best, it certainly hit the nail as being a very good Halloween-stylish episode.

I don't get how this thread only has 3 stars. To me to this is one of the most hilarious episodes from Pokemon. From the opening scene where Ash tries to scare his friends and gets shocked to the end where TRio goes for a wild ride on the merry-go-round, this episode is certainly a fun ride. There are a lot of other hilarious moments including when Ash thought TRio was the ghost, Ghastly, Haunter and Gengar using different tactics to scare Jessie, James and Meowth. And I love how this episode portrayed the ghost trio. The second part of the Sabrina arc is as good as the first and last part and Ash ends up obtaining Haunter by the end of the episode which will prove useful in the next episode. And of course, there is the awesome out of body experience that Ash and Pikachu have that lead to another hilarious moment where Ash lifts Misty off the ground and into the air.

Didn't like the whole haunted tower thing because of my aversion to halloween, but seeing Ash picking up Misty in ghost form and Misty being so happy to see Ash wake up again was very nice to see and a sweet moment between the two.

This is definitely one of the more interesting episodes of Kanto I loved every minute of this episode haha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast