Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primeape Goes Bananas (025)

i like the idea that ash gets his hat nicked, and that he gets a new pokemon, but perhaps it could have done more to put up a fight?

RIVALLED WITH: vaati
    RIVAL TEAM STATUS: slightly improved^-^

RIVAL BATTLE RECORD: W2/L0
    RIVAL POKEMON RECORD: 12/1
    (rival pokemon ko'd/mine ko'd)
    Your banner lacked credit for the art used in it, so it was removed. This is your 1st strike, so only the rule-breaking parts were removed. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

What would have been hillarious is if when Ash threw the pokeball and it hit the doughnut, the doughnut got sent to Professor Oak.
    "I know I said you should catch more things, but this isn't what I had in mind."
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Ash: It's the principle of the thing!

Haha, I loved how they actually bothered to give Ash's hat a backstory.

Mankey was actually pretty cute~ I didn't like Primeape so much, mostly because it was so angry... that is, until it started beating up on Team Rocket. Kind of a bland episode, but it also had its good moments.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Ahhh, the refreshing good ole' days where an evolution, capture & new move could happen ALL IN ONE EPISODE. Nowadays there'd be like 30 episode increments between all that >_>'
    When I was little, I remember being surprised that Ash caught a Primeape simply because it looked like a "tough", or "scary" Pokemon. This episode was pretty comical, if you ask me. Brock throwing a doughnut at Primeape was priceless...lol. & I laughed hard at the end when TR was stuck with all those Primeape Classic....

I give this episode a:
    7.6/10
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

Mankey was funny, i loved it.

And Primeape was so powerfull. Ash was smart, he cought it.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Not my favorite episode because Ash gets all beat up by a Pokemon. Kinda violent for a kids show that preaches human/Pokemon cooperation. The story overall was too corny for my taste. Mankey stealing Ash's hat and then conveniently evolving? No thanks, that's sort of been seen before in the Shipwreck episode. The only good thing about this episode was that Primeape chased Ash and friends all the way to Celadon City. 4/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 16th November 2010 at 3:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Not my favorite episode because Ash gets all beat up by a Pokemon. Kinda violent.

The story overall was too corny for my taste. Mankey stealing Ash's hat and then conveniently evolving? No thanks.

Only good thing was that Primeape chased them all the way to Celadon. 4/10
    What?! This episode is one of my favs. It was hilarious! With Mankey beating up everyone and chasing them this episode kept me laughing the whole time!

Ahhh the first ape to start the "Steal Ash's hat" gag, I love Primeape. I thought it was funny how crazy it was and how it was fighting everyone. I wish Ash would have kept it, it would have been kinda funny to have around, but oh well...

This was one of my favorite episodes as a kid. Amazing music during the fight versus Primeape.

I like how they build up the pokemon catch in this episode, starting with Oak encouraging Ash to get more variety of pokemon, teasing about Gary and the other unknown rivals that left him behind.

Then Mankey was funny, team rocket, the hat, everything is just what made Kanto fun back then or just different.

And finally using his whole team to catch the Primeape. Just wonderful
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Very funny episode, especially when Primeape chased Ash all the way to Celadon, and also this:
    Ash: I sent in about a million postcards to get that hat!
    That hat was something special...
    8.5/10

1 of my absolute fav. Kanto episodes. I really enjoyed the battle between Charmander and Primeape that resulted in its capture. Brock was very funny, especially when he was sent flying through the air.

78/100

Mankey looked really cute and harmless at first. I liked it a lot when it started acting all agressive. And then it evolved and was acting angry all the time. ^_^

I liked how they called the rice balls "doughnuts" in the dub. I actually thought they were doughnuts for the longest time because they sort of look like jelly doughnuts that I've had.

The end of the episode was funny, with Team Rocket surrounded by all those Primeape.

You can never EVER mention this episode without bringing up the "Jelly Filled Donut" quote.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

This was a great episode. It showed how important that hat was to Ash and how hard he worked for to get it. Glad Ash caught the Primape. Sad thing he didn't use it much though.

8/10

I'm glad Ash only had 5 pokemon with him when he captured Primeape......I can't imagine what would have happened if that thing got teleported to Professor Oak's lab........

Ash capturing a Fighting-type Pokémon would've made for some interesting battles so it's really too bad that he didn't get too use it much. I thought that Ash getting upset over his hat was a bit silly as was running away from a silly Mankey. It was good to see Charmander have some time to shine in this episode too.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I like how cheeky it is by stealing Ash's cap, and how it's so wild even after Ash captures it. I also don't understand the whole Donut thing they were going on about in this episode. Overall, I enjoyed this episode.

xxx

This episode is so funny! I loved it as a kid and I still love it now, Mankey stealing Ash's hat and then getting caught. It's a shame that he had Primeape for such a short period of time and rarely used it...

This episode was really funny but then Ash released Primeape. ;|
    Last edited by Blessed; 13th November 2012 at 11:11 PM.

And how Ash catches a doughnut, then Brock throws one and says "Doughnut, go!" Hahahahaha!

Brock: Pokeball go! I mean Donut!!!!

Hilarious episode with Primeape and uncovering some the background from Ash's famous cap. I loved the emphasize on the Donuts. Back then, no one really cared - unless you were expertise in the late '90s about the Japanese culture, but nowadays, yeah it's pretty lame xD. I do love the pace too. After this episode, Ash gets the fifth badge - just two episodes after he obtained his fourth. I remember possibly being this the first episode I ever watched of Pokemon and it's was just a great introduction to the anime.

Another classic episode Primape really went bananas

Haha. Good episode name. It was a hilarious episode. Yet, I would be really scared if I were in the gang's position.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast