Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primeape Goes Bananas (025)

Doesnt he catch the thing and then releases it

I rewatched this episode yesterday, and it's still hysterical. The scene where Okorizaru punches Musashi in the face, thus sending her flying over Satoshi-tachi's heads and smashing face-first into a boulder, had me laughing for a good minute straight. You can't beat old-fashioned animated violence.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

my favorite episode where ash catches a pokemon. (hmm well maybe not when he got pikachu) this episode was hilarious and primeape was a great addition to ash's team. too bad he left him after like 5 episodes?

i think the primape is funny.constantly winding ash up in this episode....havin said that i wouldnt catch a pokemon as irritating as that.

Primape annoyed me in this epi. I was happy ash finnaly captured something for once but it annoyed me how he acted. Glad Charmander got the chance to battle and beat him

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

This episode was extremely well written.

-James kicked Mankey, you'd think he'd learn his lesson when he kicked Magikarp

- Once again, the same thing happened and Mankey evolved

- Primeape hitting Jessie into the rocks was frickin hilarious

- Poor Brock, liked the way he flew into the air when Primeape punched him.

- Primeapes rampage was once again great

- Ash's capture was a great battle

- Ash opening the pokeball to blast off TR was funny

- And poor TR, surrounded by a gang of vicious pokemon, for one of many times.

I wish he had kept Primape...
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Ah, Primeape. One of the biggest examples of wasted pokemon potential.

Quote Originally Posted by npdargy312 View Post
    I wish he had kept Primape...
    Me to. Its ashame.

When I first saw this episode, I didn't mind that Ash had left his Primeape with a trainer. After all, in the games, you are able to leave a Pokemon with a caretaker that helps to level it up. Though, in time, I came to see that the writers just carelessly forgot about this storyline and eventually seemed to drop it completely.

I really hate how the anime writers bring up plots, but then either write them off in a stupid, annoying way (ex: Kyogre vs Groudon) or just forget about it altogether (ex: GS Ball).

primeape was hilerious i really like that epsisode...

merry christmas!

Excellent episode, grats on ash for filling out his team with a Primeape. Ah Mankey/Primeape the first Pokemon to steal Ashes hat a gag that will run through most of the series. Well other than the stupid riceballs to donuts edit which they beat to death in this episode, I noticed that oak said Gary has already caught 30 Pokemon but in Mystery at the Lighthouse, Oak says Gray has caught 45 Pokémon, also noticed that the writing on the Pokéball in the advert is spelt "POCKEMON LEAG".
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Yea prime ape. I still wish he'd destroyed that hat when he had the chance!!! it so annoying how much he cares for it. I mean GET A LIFE lol. anyway i wish ash didnt get rid of prime ape later like he does with all his pokemon... its really annoys me.
    oh now i remember thats when the gag about the hat and Brock "every amazing rice balls" started lol
    Last edited by sleepysnorlax; 25th November 2007 at 9:35 AM.
    To the writers of pokemon MAKE Ash's pokemon evolve. Squirtle and Bulbasaur should have evolved a long time ago.

To be one you must believe you are one.
    My DP Team:

The banner was over 46,800 pixels, so it was killed off. Please read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    Actually; they've been calling them 'rice balls' recently, and it looks like One Piece is picking up where they left off on the cover-ups. This is one of the first episodes I ever saw; so this is a memorable eppie in a way. Mankey was pretty cute before Ash p!ssed it off; didn't he learn from the experience with the flock of Spearow?! ...Apparently not. And I don't think James learned from the Magikarp incident either; as he kicked the poor little Mankey, which as we all know led to its evolution. Charmander ruled here; as it learned Rage, and made a comeback in kicking Primeape's ?*ss! How do you like your pig-monkeys: Rare, Medium, or Well Done? Well; joking aside, I give this episode a 8/10! Too bad Primeape didn't stay on Ash's team for long...

This is the first ep I ever saw. 8/10! "Doughnuts??" AMERICANIZED OR WOT?
    // itoushikute ureshikute kanashikute setsunakute
    kuyashikute modokashikute ai no merodii

banner credit // mistygemmy

All in all, one of my favorite episodes from kanto.

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

I liked this episode a lot. I liked how it told the history of Ash's hat.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    Excellent episode, grats on ash for filling out his team with a Primeape. Ah Mankey/Primeape the first Pokemon to steal Ashes hat a gag that will run through most of the series. Well other than the stupid riceballs to donuts edit which they beat to death in this episode, I noticed that oak said Gary has already caught 30 Pokemon but in Mystery at the Lighthouse, Oak says Gray has caught 45 Pokémon, also noticed that the writing on the Pokéball in the advert is spelt "POCKEMON LEAG".
    Maybe he meant that Gary had alreay captured 30 additional Pokemon since the Lighthouse Episode.

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

This episode was hilarious.When wild Mankey took Ashs hat i was surprised how much he cares about it.Anyway the whole episode how Ash was trying to get his hat back was very funny,and it was interesting to see how James still didnt learn the lesson after he kicked the Magicarp,when he kicked the Mankey which evolved in Primeape.Well,i guess some people learn in slow way.The battle between Ashs Charmander and Primeape was interesting to see,especially the part when Charmander learned the rage and thanks to that he managed to win.An excellent capture of Primeape from Ashs part.Too bad he didnt keep his Primeape longer,because he was really cool pokemon.

for some reason ash's hat is allways the target for pokemon who like to steal things, 9/10.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

Good episode. I love how James kicked Mankey and it evolved ^_^ lol. Awesome.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 7:41 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I liked this episode, i've always liked Ash's Primeape and it's a shame it left him.

It could have been a handy Pokemon to have around.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

aah I remember this episode was one of my favorite then I was younger :P
    Really funny then Ash is trying to get his hat back, special then they are in the tree and then Primeape is chasing after the group ^^

I love the part where Ash trow the pokeball and where Mankey
    trow the riceball.... its a Riceball Pokemon? XD

good times great episode <3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This is one of the funniest episodes because Ash gets beat up by Primeape! But why go angry with Ash as if the blame goes to James when he kicked it, causing it to evolve and get it infuriated? Well, at least it'll calm d own, once Ash trained it.

I enjoyed this episode alot recently, because it was hilarious. With Prmeape going crazy and thrashing things in it's path. And also powing Jessie and Brock was funny, too. And I liked it in the end when Team Rocket was surrounded by hundreds of Primeapes. The ending line was funny, too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast