Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hypno's Naptime (027)

The episode was funny and had great moments. I always wondered what would have happened if Misty had thought that she was some kind of bird pokemon and jumped off the roof. While Psyduck is funny and all that, I say that in the future, he takes her out of what could be some cool battles.

Misty acting like a Seel! Oh man, I loved that.

I was a bit surprised at the police force in this episode... it was, literally, a park full of 'missing' children. A park. That's the first place that you should look for your kid! :O

Psyduck was also hilarious... the way it was 'caught', what a classic! I love Psyduck, though ^^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Ah a favourite of mine!

It was a good showcase for Drowzee and Hypno and has a good old fashioned hidden republican fundraiser in it as well. Good times!
    "Turkey in those days was known as a "walking bird". We'd always have walking bird on Thanksgiving with all the trimmings: cranberries, injun eyes, yams stuffed with gunpowder. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called "baseball"."
    -Grampa Simpson

Wise words from a wise man

Ugh silly Hypno. My claim ^_^ I like this episode. Hynotized children make Hypno seem like a pedobear. And Misty acing like a Seel was cute.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 8:57 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

heh, psdyduck was very funny in this episode, the makers of this show sure knows howto make things fun again and again.

I thought Misty acting like a Seel was hilarious.

And how is it that no-one managed to find the kids, when they were right out in the open?

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I like this episode, Misty who act like a Seel...
    priceless<3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode wasn't that bad as two Pokemon, Drowzee and Hypno's hypnotic waves caused strange human and Pokemon behavior. This episode focuses on that said problem. Misty (unfortunately) is one of the affected one, along with other kids in some HopHop Town. It was funny to see Misty act like a Seel, especially since she's fond of the water types. Too bad there wasn't one here for her to capture, lol. As for the other kids imitating random Pokemon during their hypnosis time, I thought it was totally random.

When that mother mistook Ash for her son Arnold and later we get a brief glimpse of Arnold, they don't look that much alike so she should have been able to tell those two apart.

What are the insomniacs going to do now that they can't do what they were doing before?

Misty did get her Psyduck so she technically captured a water pokemon.

Also, I don't understand if that Psyduck was always like this or just turned like this after Hypno's affect. When they were using Drowzee to reenergize all the pokemon at the pokemon center, you couldn't see Psyduck, so maybe it wasn't properly cured.

I like the old episodes like this! When it was time for Hoenn they messed up big time~~the new ones are too heroic and serious while the old ones were funny and enjoyable!

This episode made me go out and buy hypno and drowzee figures :-p It was great~
    BLINK-182-----SUMMER TOUR-----
    It was awesome~~~~
    Fall Out Boy rocked too~~~~
    CONCERT BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE

misty as a seel that was too funny

This episode was funny. They always find ways to act funny.

Misty: "Seel! Seel! Seel!"
    Lol...I wonder what goes on in her head :P

I think this was a pretty good episode. I laughed at Psyduck's apparent permanent brain damage. Haha. It was pretty funny watching Misty accidentally catching it. I also thought it was a nice way of introducing Drowzee & Hypno since they are sleep inducing Pokemon. I was a little confused why no parents pressed charges or anything :P lol.

I give this episode:
    7.2/10
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

It was a funny episode, because the children act like pokemon...
    And i loved Psyduck's headache, it was very funny too.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Very odd story in this episode, but in a good way. Two new Pokemon in this episode as well, Drowzee and Hypno; looks like we got double the debuts! It was interesting to see the members of the fan club using Drowzee and Hypno to put themselves to sleep. I think my favorite parts of the episode were Team Rocket breaking the 4th Wall in the dub and Misty's Seel impression. Psyduck's addition to Misty's team at the end was surprising. 6/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 17th November 2010 at 9:27 PM.

-Hop hop hop town?
    -Scary Brock making children talk
    -Seel Seel Seel...
    -Bulbasaur Bulbasauuur1
    -haha the Magikarp girl is the best.
    -Ash Ketchum master detective
    -Psyduck!

Very wacky moments of the first Pokemon season, it's the charm of it.
    Last edited by NES; 8th December 2009 at 9:06 AM.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Being that I'm re-watching the entire first season (I'm up to this episode), I am a bit disappointed that Misty got another Pokemon without EVER using Horsea since its debut episode.

However, that doesn't mean I didn't like the episode. I have yet to watch one episode that has disappointed me thus far. But, this episode made me realize how much some Pokemon are getting ignored:

- Brock has not used a Pokemon since Episode 6, "Clefairy and the Moon Stone", I believe, except for Geodude in the "Pokemon Scent-Sensation" episode where he used it to put out the fire. That also means we have not seen his Onix or Zubat since Episode 6.

- Misty has not used Horsea since its debut episode (Episode 19, "Tentacool and Tentacruel").

- Ash hasn't used Pidgeotto since... Hm, I can't even remember! I think he has used it once in the past ten episodes, I just can't remember when... No wonder why it took Pidgeotto until the end of the season to evolve. He never uses it!

I'll keep posting reviews on every few episodes I watch. I'm ordering Part 2 of Season 1 right now.

EDIT: The last time Ash used Pidgeotto was in "Beauty & The Beach", which didn't even air in the USA until two years later. So technically, as a little kid in America, I would have last seen Pidgeotto in Episode 16 "Pokemon Shipwreck". He mentioned Pidgeotto in "Bye Bye Butterfree" and "Pokemon Scent-Sation", but ultimately decided not to send out it for specified reasons.

I love how Jesse and James talk about how they have to fill 30 minutes.

I don't think any one should say this ep was bad or that they should have this or discluded that. This is one of the funniest ep I watched. If you compare it with the sinnoh saga, your talking almost perfect for this ep.

Psyduck is so funny, I'm glad Misty got it. Hypno and Drowzee putting all those kids to sleep and having them go missing was pretty creepy, especially since I seen this when I was a kid. Overall, this was a good episode.

The little boy that thought he was a Weedle while crawling on the tree was really funny and so was Magicarp girl, hahaha. This episode, "Pokemon Scent-Sation", and "Pokemon Fashion Flash", bring back good memories because I had a vhs of these episodes when I was little.
    ᴰᴼᴺ'ᵀ ᴾᵁᵀ ʸᴼᵁᴿ ᴸᴵᶠᴱ ᴵᴺ ˁᴼᴹᴱᴼᴺᴱ'ˁ ᴴᴬᴺᴰˁ˒ ᵀᴴᴱʸ'ᴿᴱ ᴮᴼᵁᴺᴰ ᵀᴼ ˁᵀᴱᴬᴸ ᴵᵀ ᴬᵂᴬʸˑ ᴰᴼᴺ'ᵀ ᴴᴵᴰᴱ ʸᴼᵁᴿ ᴹᴵˁᵀᴬᴷᴱˁ˒ ᶜᴬᵁˁᴱ ᵀᴴᴱʸ'ᴸᴸ ᶠᴵᴺᴰ ʸᴼᵁ˒ ᴮᵁᴿᴺ ʸᴼᵁ˒ ᵀᴴᴱᴺ ᴴᴱ ˁᴬᴵᴰ˒ "ᴵᶠ ʸᴼᵁ ᵂᴬᴺᵀ ᵀᴼ ᴳᴱᵀ ᴼᵁᵀ ᴬᴸᴵᵛᴱ˒ ᴿᵁᴺ ᶠᴼᴿ ʸᴼᵁᴿ ᴸᴵᶠᴱˑ ᴵᶠ ʸᴼᵁ ᵂᴬᴺᵀ ᵀᴼ ᴳᴱᵀ ᴼᵁᵀ ᴬᴸᴵᵛᴱ˒ ᴿᵁᴺ ᶠᴼᴿ ʸᴼᵁᴿ ᴸᴵᶠᴱˑ"

Thumbs up

Misty acting like a seel was enough to make this episode great. Unfortunately all of the kids were annoying.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

1 of my least favorite episodes of Kanto. I did however like seeing - 1. Misty pretending to be a seel, 2. the way Psyduck was caught, and Misty's reaction to it, and 3. Seeing Drowzee and Hypno.

10/100

Hypno was pretty freaky...I mean, it hypnotizes little kids and then they all gather in that garden area...pretty creepy if you ask me. :o

But seeing Misty and those kids act like Pokemon was funny, mostly because they all looked ridiculous doing so. I loved how Psyduck was caught by just pressing on the Pokemon and going in. And it was neat being able to see Psyduck inside the Pokeball, that's something I had always wanted to see. ^^

This episode had Psyduck being captured in it. That alone made it really bad. Psyduck is one of the worst Pokémon ever to be caught by one of the main characters and it's a shame that it went to Misty. The kids being hypnotized into acting as different kinds of Pokémon was pretty funny but that's about it. The only other thing that this episode did was show how ****ing creepy Hypno is.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast