17 30.36%
  • BW

2 3.57%
  • XY

28 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Farewell Episode? *Spoilers*

Default Favorite Farewell Episode? *Spoilers*

Which one of the farewell episode is your favorite?

Mine is DP > XY = AG >= OS > BW

I think mines is the similar DP=XY>OS=AG>BW
    Apparently Serena sucks, smh -_-
    Serena as a character>>>>>>>>>>Amourshipping
    Credit to Satomine Night for the banner

DP > OS > AG =XY >BW

XY could've been a bit more emotional but it definitely had the best closure for all its major characters

Dp > xy = os > ag > bw

BW was bad. AG was OK. OS and XY were handled well. But Dawn's 'I promise you, there's no need to worry' to Piplup gets me every time.
    Last edited by Frozocrone; 27th October 2016 at 4:40 PM.

OS > the rest cause i stll cry when i watch ash misty and brock split up and i didnt cry for the rest even though there a feel
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Probably OS>DP>=XY>AG>BW

Only the first time made me sad

DP and XY were good

BW was rushed

I...don't remember AG

I've only watched OS, XY and AG's so
    XY > AG = OS

I'm not too invested in DP, which I'm currently watching so I'll have to see if it gives me the feels. Same for BW.

XY >= DP > OS > AG >> BW. I liked how XY actually had Ash reach his House and say "I'm home" instead of just running towards Pallet like in DP.

XY and OS > DP > AG > BW.

Sorry, but Piplup crying did nothing for me.

XY gave everyone an episode and their own conclusion, meanwhile OS was the most emotional, at least for me. The way Ash was left heartbroken when Brock and Misty left... It makes sense for him not being too devastated nowadays, because he's already used to saying goodbye, but that OS episode still will be the most emotional.
    Last edited by Xuxuba; 27th October 2016 at 5:17 PM.

Ag > xy > dp > os > bw.

OS: Classic ending of over 200 episodes with the original group, it used to get me as a kid but now it's lost its effect over the years...

AG: They said goodbye like twice so the 2nd time was pretty anti-climatic, it wasn't as rushed as BW but it was still just "okay", nothing really too climatic or pivotal in the resolution, the most interesting part of the episode wasn't even the farewell for me, it was Gary and his Electrivire hyping up Sinnoh

DP: Found the ending to be very... forced? Not as forced as it could have been but still... It felt very open ended for me and the only true highlight was Ash watching Flint and Cynthia's battle and declaring his dream and then the other two chimed in. Piplup's sudden sense of melodrama does nothing for me.

BW: Were Iris and Cilan even really that close to Ash to receive a good farewell? Idek... It was sort of like Ash was saying goodbye to friends he met on a vacation than friends he spent almost a year traveling around with, the flashbacks contained little to not detail of their hardships and triumphs and it just felt like the emotional depth of the BW trio was not conveyed at all. Remember Iris and Deino? That was super sappy. The ending of BW? Lacking. Other than "The Dream Continues!", that episode still makes my eyes water with the scene between Ash and Pikachu.

XY: Kissing... Open ended battle... Reasonable conclusion... Meh.

XY>OS>DP>AG>BW

Os > xy > dp = ag > bw
    Thank you FairyWitch for the artwork!

In terms of quality and how much I enjoyed the finales: OS > AG = XY > DP > BW.

People actually voted BW over AG? Wow xD

DP>OS=XY>AG>BW
    DP still makes me cry and the Piplup running away scene is heartbreaking after watching the whole series. Also TR promotion
    XY was wonderful but still felt a bit exhausting with the 5 minute flashbacks
    AG needed more emotion but it was nice
    BW .....It didn't even half-tried to be emotional everyone just seemed so happy to say goodbye......At least TR wasn't amde to look liek pushvers or jokes
    Last edited by DankOverlord; 28th October 2016 at 5:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.

The Dp one was my favourite cuz we saw Team Rocket get promoted, plus Piplup's crying tantrum was cute. ^^

DP. Cause you knew Brock was leaving and not coming back this time. And you actually cared for everybody.

The only part I liked about X/Y's was the kiss, that was it. Somebody running off and crying has been overdone.
    Every other cast member > Clemont/Bonnie

DP.

There's something very warm and real about the opening to me...We wake up in this nice house with an alarm blaring off and Dawn is just like 'Nah'. Ash is oversleeping, so let's ruin his his morning (also who wears jeans to bed? lol). Oh, and of course big brother Brock is the first one downstairs and fully dressed. Now let's all have breakfast at the table and talk about the future :3 I just really dig the home-like atmosphere. I could almost slip right into the episode here.

Then there's Piplup's tantrum ;A; a wider goodbye between the whole group would've been cool, but I will let him steal show just this once because it was precious.

And Team Rocket's promotion! FINALLY. They actually get to work for their organization! This is easily the best TR related anything to take place during DP, because they were absolutely tired by this point in the show...

Of course, it wouldn't be DP without one last High-Five, as Pearl cements its place in my heart.

My favorite part is the bit where Ash is watching himself [in Flint's shoes] fighting at the Champion's League, and they have Together '07 running in the background. The imagery was great, and the music was on point. It felt like a nice, hopeful way to close out Ash's time in Sinnoh. He was well on his way. And I could almost be satisfied with his story just ending on that last shot of him going back home. Leave the rest to the imagination instead of literally ruining everything right afterward.
    ~ ~
    The 1st Champions of Alola

Its a tie between OS and DP for me since OS was the first and most emotional but i felt more attached to Dawn as a character.

XY > DP > AG > BW > OS.

.'nuff said.

OS, easily: Ash actually shed some tears that time, and in both the English & Japanese Versions, we got a little montage of clips showing Ash's journey with Misty, Brock & Tracey throughout the Arc, too.

AG's...wasn't BAD, per se, but it was very forgettable- the only part that was memorable was Ash & Max promising to battle each other someday, but we all know, that day is never happening. After that, we just saw May and Max leave on the boat and Ash & Brock waving at them blandly.

DP's was...meh, Brock didn't do anything in DP, so I felt nothing when he left whatsoever, Piplup cried like a baby because it had to leave the group, though, so I guess that was the most emotional part of it? Even so, the only part that had any emotion was Ash/Brock saying bye to Dawn near the end, but then it was downhill from the beginning & later there.

BW's was...even more forgettable than AG's, actually, I'm surprised it's above it. Nothing inherently bad about it, but Ash just said goodbye to Iris & Cilan staring at them when they got on the train and...yeah, I got nothing.

XY's was...fanservice in the form of AmourShipping nuggets for those who (still actually believe it'll ever happen, which we know it won't) with the (not visible anyway) kiss near the end, and before that, the characters just spoke in smiley faces the rest of the time, so yeah, it's meh.

XY's was the best for me because it was pretty emotional. Yes the most remembered part will be the AmourShipping conclusion but this conclusion also wraps up Serena's development in gaining the confidence to do what nobody expected of her to do.

Dedenne running away is obviously very similar to that of Piplup in DP but Bonnie's speech to Dedenne was still really emotional, saying how she wants the group to stay together forever but knowing that the others have goals they want to achieve. XYZ has been nailing the speeches this season and Bonnie's speech and the whole group congregating afterwards to cheer Dedenne up strengthens how much of a family they feel like.

Furthermore, Team Rocket didn't get involved in the gang's separation. Although I wish we could've seen some conclusion to Inkay and Gourgeist (unless they are showing up in Sun and Moon), them getting recognition from Giovanni for shutting down Team Flare (the video was totally an accurate representation of their role) was a nice way to wrap up their XYZ efforts. Them not interfering with the group's conclusion made the group's farewell much more emotional.

Clemont's and Ash's last battle was done perfectly. No conclusion was required whatsoever and ending Ash's Kalos journey with a battle with the first person he battled in Kalos was beautiful, seeing them giving their all for the last time against each other. I just wish we could see them handshake one last time before Ash left but that's just my personal preference and not a flaw.

Finally, the montages. Some people say that they overdid it and I can see why people think that, given the 7 minutes it took (taking through the credits) but I feel that they were done right, showing each of their individual journeys, and conclusions to all the relevant side characters (rip Alexa). The final montage with Volt playing in the background was fantastic, starting right when Ash gets off the plane to Kalos (great starting point) and showcasing his journey throughout, ending back in Pallet Town, "and to our own way". It really felt like this was a conclusion to Pokemon instead of just XY and XYZ which is why I think it was the best.

OS >>>>> DP > XY > AG I was happy when iris left lol
    OS was by far the best, it felt like true friends separating after a lifelong journey, whereas all the others Ash was like bye!!! I'm gonna find myself a new ship in a new region now.

All pokemon series had their teary eyed moments. Some more and some less. After all relatively recent episode of XYZ was pretty doleful, but more so in gratifying, melancholic kind of way. Rather than truly sad farewell leaving behind itself sad atmosphere. Since at end of the day Ash, Clemont, Bonnie and Serena went their own ways with sense of accomplishment with gratitude for nice memories and pride overshadowing sad fact of having to leave. DP ending was ok, but separation between Brock and Ash felt too formal especially after being together for so long, and Piplup crying hardly had much effect on me. AG and BW endings were lackluster, lacked emotion and proper planning, although BW was definitely worse of this two.

Leaving me with classic, Ending of OS or should i better address it as "Gotta Catch Ya Later!". This farewell was without doubt in my mind most saddening and emotion packed than any other coming afterwards, Whole unexpected chain of events leading to separation between three very close friends. Who no weren't at that point just friends, but actual family who ate, slept, travelled and shared both good and bad moments together with their bonds becoming very tight. Only added to momentum and sense of disbelief considering viewers themselves even if prepared for it were able to feel more intensely chemistry and huge amount of care characters were sending.

Especially after original trio was caught in shock of having to leave each other after so much time, Like Misty who took this hard clearly not wanting to leave being on edge of crying. All three brimmed with feelings and hesitation to go separate ways. And Ash breaking up in tears not being able to suspense his emotions, murky atmosphere accompanied with sad music(with Misty song, even Japanese ending without song showing just flashbacks of her journey was tearful) only exalted on whole effect.

Making OS farewell most impactful and emotional in my opinion.

Tie between Diamond and Pearl and OS.
    I love thy username

3DS Friend Code: I'll remember once "insert new game" is out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast