View Poll Results: In What Region did you start watching Pokemon?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

44 75.86%
  • Orange Islands

0 0%
  • Johto

2 3.45%
  • Hoenn

3 5.17%
  • Kanto (Battle Frontier)

0 0%
  • Sinnoh

5 8.62%
  • Unova

0 0%
  • Kalos

4 6.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long have you been watching Pokemon? Since....

Default How long have you been watching Pokemon? Since....

I watched since Kanto, back when I was about 7. (Im 21 now)

How long have you been watching? Since what region?

Kanto.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Even though I stopped following the anime some times during Johto, I can still say I first started watching in Kanto.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Kanto, baby! Good times...

Sinnoh, I started in mid-Sinnoh during 2008 or so and still have been watching the anime since then. So about 6 years I've been watching.

Kanto. Though I stopped during Sinnoh.

Good grief I'm old.
    Last edited by Savvao; 22nd August 2014 at 9:33 AM.

I've voted for Sinnoh, but saying that I mean that it was that particular time period
    I actually started of by watching a couple of Kanto episodes and then got to the Hoenn, been watching it for the past 8 years or so
    I have claimed

For as long as I remember...hence, kanto.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

In my memory, it was Kanto.
    My Pokemon Omega Ruby Team

My Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team

I started watching the show from the Kanto saga,although I don't watch it that much nowadays.

Kanto on Cartoon Network, Johto on Kids' WB.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Kanto on VHS (yeah, those existed)

hoenn on TV.

Was reborn in the ashes of BW (meaning I caught back up during xy).

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Kanto, though I've stopped watching from the second half of Johto until the first half of Hoenn. Since then I've continued watching.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

Kanto in syndication since 1998 beginning with the sneak preview of "Battle Aboard the St. Anne," then when the show moved to Kids WB starting with "The Problem with Paras" (IMO, the peak era of the English dub and the Series aired on this station) until "Pasta La Vista" in July 2006 when the 4Kids English dub ended, and then when the show moved to CN starting with "Fear Factory Phony" in September 2006 (IMO, when the Anime went downhill and the dub just got much, much worse), but watched all of Battle Frontier and up to Battle Dimension here (liked BF's plot, TPCi dub ruined it, and didn't like DP's plot or its dub), and then went to watching all episodes online that aired on CN in succession starting from Galactic Battles to the present XY Series, and converted to watching alternate language dubs as a result of being so unsatisfied with the TPCi English dub.

So, yeah, I've been watching more or less for the entire English dub's run from start to finish.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 28th August 2014 at 11:41 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Kanto it was. I still remember waking up really early to see it and also buying as much Pokémon VHS as possible.

A few years ago, I saw a tiny bit of greek dub jirachi movie footage on TV (Honestly I can't remember much, but I don't recalls seeing subs). Then, a few years after, I came across the greek dubs of DP and after that I hopped on my PC to see the rest of the seasons and then ended up here.
    Last edited by jason0597; 28th August 2014 at 11:51 PM.

It was Kanto, when I was a little kid I used to get up early to watch it everyday. Now I have stopped watching Pokemon once BW (Awful saga imo) finished, not going to waste my time on the XY and future saga's.
    Last edited by ChampionRed; 29th August 2014 at 2:02 AM.

Kanto, I remember watching the very first episode right when it aired for the first time, though I stopped halfway through Hoenn since I lost interest and started back in during Unova. I've since went back and watched the old stuff but that's what i've seen on tv/streams.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

I started with the original series (Johto) but I only became a regular watcher with BW.
    Last edited by Benny+Lilia+Ash; 10th September 2014 at 2:07 AM.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

I've been watching the series since the OS.

Sure, I did stop watching at times but I always did start back up again.

3DS FC: 4871-6086-4217
    PokeSpe Club | Secret Base

I started in Kanto and very first episode i ever watched was "School of Hard Knocks", brings back memories. From that day i got hooked on TV show still watching it.

Watched all pokemon season from OS(Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto), AG generation(Hoenn and Battle FRontier), Sinnoh saga, Unova series to current XY series which are airing.

In addition to that i watched all pokemon chronicles, side specials about characters, pokemon movies and even some of banned episodes(although they are not easy to get access to).

Not all of pokemon seasons were pleasant and most enjoyable experience to go throuh. In fact some of them could be chore to sit through at times having no redeeming qualities. But in general, most of pokemon anime run had likable characters, interesting plot, unique portrayal of certain pokemon and sense of journey exploring on world, new speciec and cultures whiuch keot me inerested despiute all its inconsistencires. Bad handing of character development, abandoning supporting characters like expendable trash becpoming irrelevant or low continuity it has going for it.

And even though to this day imo OS contained more originality, depth in characterization and creativity invested into main cast or plot brimming with passion, emotion and unique storylines. In sense of writers experimenting much more, putting their own imagination and heart into story containing more autonomy from games not being subservient to blatant marketing that much. Alongside having imo best female lead who has lot of depth, variety of expressions and conflicts making for compelling protagonist, leaving lot of potential to develop her story more unused.

Ill readily admit how later generations had lot of likable things going for them as well. Such as more sophisticated battles, more fleshed out criminal organizations or rivals for example and sometime better handling of plot(especially in DP saga, but Hoenn at certain times as well).

BW was ok as well, having several likable things and events going for it if you are capable of looking poast its negative sides, and XY as series are decent as well.

Since the very beginning.

I was in 1st or 2nd grade when the anime came to the states, now I've just recently graduated college.

I voted Kalos because I started watching this year during the Kalos run, however I started watching from the very first episode. Did I answer incorrectly?
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

I watched since Kanto as well, all the way from the very first episode.

Since the first episode.

It's had it's ups and downs, but the anime sure does bring to life the Pokemon Universe in an entertaining way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast