View Poll Results: Was DP too rigid when it comes to following the games?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it was not that rigid at all

10 62.50%
  • Yes, and I didn't like it

0 0%
  • It followed the games closely, but I didn't mind it/like it better that way

6 37.50%

Thread: Did DP stick too close to the games?

Default Did DP stick too close to the games?

While it's seen less these days, I remember "DP stuck too close to the games" being a rather common complaint targeted towards DP back in the day; with people often claiming that it became too rigid and "lacked creativity" as a result.

Do you agree with this sentiment?

No. DP did many things differently and changed the status quo a bit.

In terms of pacing, sure. But it also added its own twists not found in the games.

Counter Shield? Ice Aqua Jet? Flotation Sacks? Energy Ball Eating? Underground Flare Blitz?
    Peakachu Progression: Surge2 (Kanto) -> Drake (OI) -> Clair2 (Johto) -> Tyson (Hoenn) -> Brandon3 (BF) -> Tobias (Sinnoh) -> Alain3 (Kalos)

Not really since it did things differently, like having multiple Contest destinations.

How did the anime for the sinnoh series stick closer to the games than the previous series? In fact, Barry was the main rival in D/P/PLAT, not some stupid, personalitless (besides jack*****) prick named Paul (he didn't exist), there was no such thing as hunter j in the games, no team rocket at all in sinnoh (or past Johto really), Brock wasn't in any games past Johto region games (besides maybe those battle thingys I never cared for doing). Nothing much to most of the gym leaders except they accept your challenge in the game, no such character as nando, Kenny, zoey, & Ursula in games. I don't see how they stuck too close to the games at all. Expcally closer to the games than previous series. :/
    Weep, and you'll weep alone...
    ...laugh, and the whole world laughs too!

Thanks secret santa!

Dp didn't stick that closely to the games cuz it skipped places like the Battle Zone and Sinnoh BF.

Nope. If anything, DP didn't stick close enough since it butchered several subplots.

No, Barry didn't come into play until the show was 3/4 done.
    And Paul....
    DP was unique from the games in a way enough it still respected what the games had. They didn't do gyms out of order(Roxanne, the second gym leader in Black/White 2 was the LAST game leader in Best Wishes! Ash should have faced Marlon, not Cameron....), they handled the villains like the game counterparts unlike later gens(Team Skull excluded of course, they're being handled right), and stayed faithful to the characters.