Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: The "What Attacks Should They Learn?" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by terminoob View Post
    Bulbasaur/Bulbasaur: Vine Whip (I think)
    Combusken/Torkoal: Overheat
    More recently...
    Glaceon/Pikachu: Iron Tail
    You kinda misunderstood what I meant to say. Noe of the pairs you mentioned actually had the attack while being on their current team. Combusken learned it during AG when Torkoal was not in Ash's team on hand anymore. Ash's Bulbasuar was at Oak's while May had her one. Glaceon was only for the brief two parter episode; so that does not really count. I hope you get what I mean.

While I think its unlikely that two of the pokemon will have same attack, I will love if they make exceptions. I mean, Ash does need a counter for that light screen and Brick Break seems to be the only way. It would be cool if Monferno itself took the matter of learning BB from Brock's crogunk on its own.

Grotle: wood hammer,head smash, seed bomb
    monferno: flare blitz, sky upcutter
    gliscor: some physical ground and flying type moves,
    buizel: ice punch ,aqua tail,giga impact
    staraptor: facad,steel wing
    pikachu: some fighting move

Pikachu- Brick Break, Light screen
    Staraptor- Ominous wind, U-turn
    Grotle- Leaf storm, Earthquake?, Body slam
    Monferno- Flare blitz, Close Combat, Return?
    Buizel- Blizzard, Razor Wind
    Gliscor- U-turn, Ominous wind, Aerial Ace, Earth power.

MY next attack for main guys pokemon

Ash:
    Pikachu - A 5th gen move not to be seen for awhile
    Gliscor - Needs ground move so earth power would be great
    Buizel - Ice Punch(i'm almost certain on this)
    Monferno/Infernape - Flare Blitz upon evolution........or Close Combat(kinda unlikely)
    Grotle - I can kinda see it being Cunch.........or leaf storm( unlikely due to razor leaf)....just another grass den
    Staraptor - It's done i'd say but Swift if it needs a new one

Brock:
    Happiny/Chansey - Egg Bomb
    Croagunk - Sludge Bomb
    Sudowoodo - Think it's done but Rock Tomb would be it's next one

Dawn:
    Mamoswine - Blizzard
    Pachirisu - It's done......unless they give it a move it can't use......Thunderfang
    Buneary/Lopunny - Dis is tricky...it has to learn a new move but i'd say either Jump Kick or Endeavor
    Piplup - Drill Peck and Hydro pump in either order

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Quote Originally Posted by BM14murph View Post
    MY next attack for main guys pokemon

Ash:
    Pikachu - A 5th gen move not to be seen for awhile
    Gliscor - Needs ground move so earth power would be great
    Buizel - Ice Punch(i'm almost certain on this)
    Monferno/Infernape - Flare Blitz upon evolution........or Close Combat(kinda unlikely)
    Grotle - I can kinda see it being Cunch.........or leaf storm( unlikely due to razor leaf)....just another grass den
    Staraptor - It's done i'd say but Swift if it needs a new one

Brock:
    Happiny/Chansey - Egg Bomb
    Croagunk - Sludge Bomb
    Sudowoodo - Think it's done but Rock Tomb would be it's next one

Dawn:
    Mamoswine - Blizzard
    Pachirisu - It's done......unless they give it a move it can't use......Thunderfang
    Buneary/Lopunny - Dis is tricky...it has to learn a new move but i'd say either Jump Kick or Endeavor
    Piplup - Drill Peck and Hydro pump in either order
    This may be a long shot but maybe either Buizel or Piplup could learn Surf.

I dunno; Surf would (and has) been animated pretty similar to both Water Pulse and Whirlpool these days. I know I'd rather Piplup and Buizel didn't have moves that looked too similar to attacks they already know.

Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

I know Piplup can't learn it but it would be kinda cool if it learned Hydro Cannon

Right now, what Ash team really needs is a Feint user and a Brick Break user.

Feint for Pikachu and Brick Break for Buizel maybe? I dunno.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Well, if they had a game like XD or Colosseum, they gave away Blast Burn Cyndaquil's and the two others. I hope they make a better Hydro Cannon version, Blastoise's version looks weak, Hydro Pump looks better!

Gary's Blastoise should learn Ice Beam!

They already did make another one with Barry's Empoleon, and it looked rather powerful in my opinion.

Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Right now, what Ash team really needs is a Feint user and a Brick Break user.

Feint for Pikachu and Brick Break for Buizel maybe? I dunno.
    You're no fair! I was just getting ready to post that! So much for me being first on the Buizel/Brick Break thing...

Pikachu-Feint
    Staraptor-Twister
    Grotle-Leaf Storm, Superpower
    Monferno/Infernape-Flare Blitz, Blast Burn
    Buizel/Floatzel-Brick Break, Ice Fang, Razor Wind
    Gliscor-Aqua Tail
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Pikachu learning BrickBreak!

Because lots of Pokemon does not use Protect and if you don't use Protect, it's useless!
    And since somebody said that Regirock's Stone Edge overpowered Electabuzz's Protect, I think Pikachu should do the same!
    Buizel can learn Ice Punch, since it's not water!

Pikachu:
    Ash should take a note from Paul and start giving his pokemon more defensive attacks. Pikachu has enough offense right now, it could use protect or light screen. Pikachu doesn't have a single defensive attack. Light screen would work best since it would protect Ash's other pokemon too.

Grotle:
    Synthesis is probably it's most important attack since it became defensive. If Ash really wants Grotke to become like Paul's Torterra then he should take advantage of synthesis. Grotle should learn sunny day and solar beam and become a sunny-beamer. If it evolved into Torterra I'd say it can learn wood hammer but I don't think it will.

Monferno:
    Since it becomes a pseudo-god when it's in blaze form it should just learn powerful fire attacks. Since it seems like a very physical pokemon since it evolved, flare blitz should work nicely. After it evolves into Infernape it should learn blast burn so that it has an extremely powerful attack and can compete with Paul's pokemon.

Staraptor:
    All I can see helping Staraptor is a ranged attack(whirlwind doesn't inflict damage) or roost. It already has some powerful attacks. Air cutter or ominous wind would be a good ranged attack for it.

Gliscor:
    It's in the same position as Staraptor. Gliscor is a versatile pokemon and has a ton of type variety. Maybe it could widen it's variety even more and bring a poison type move to Ash's Sinnoh team, poison jab. Earth power would be nice too. Gliscor could use an actual ground type attack and it would be a ranged attack for it.

Buizel:
    Rain dance would help it become as fast as it was in the battle against Maylene in every battle and also power up all of it's water type attacks. Since Buizel/Floatzel doesn't learn any truely powerful water type attacks it should also learn ice punch instead to add an ice type attack to Ash's Sinnoh roster. Ice punch would also allow Buizel to use ice aqua jet without having to rely on a convenient ice attack heading it's way, just for surprise value. Even it evolved into Floatzel I can't see any moves that would be better than ice punch and rain dance except maybe replacing ice punch with ice fang.

Piplup:
    Power the penguin up a bit. Hydro pump will probably be learnt eventually. It could also use drill peck. Besides adding power, I don't see anything else that can be done with Piplup's moveset. Hydro pump and drill peck could both be very appealing in contests too. Imagine Piplup creating a whirl pool and using drill peck to turn it into a water twister.

Buneary:
    It needs something type-wise that Dawn's team doesn't already have. Piplup has peck so that negates bounce, Mamoswine's double edge negates comet punch, and Mamoswine's ice attacks negate ice beam. If it evolves into Lopunny it should learn some physical attacks like sky uppercut and/or jump kick as I can see Lopunny being very agile. Fighting attacks on Dawn's team would be nice now that Ambipom is gone.

Pachirisu:
    I honestly can't see it learning anything new. It can learn last resort as an excuse for Dawn to get DEM wins(like Piplup's bide and Skitty's assist).

Mamoswine:
    First off, ice shard should go back to looking like shards of ice spraying out of Mamoswine's mouth not one big blue ball. Ice shard and ancient power look exactly the same except for the color. Maybe Mamoswine can learn ice fang. Instead of biting it's tusks can become icy and then Mamoswine can smash it's opponet. Blizzard is probably inevitable because Mamoswine is a contest pokemon and SNO IZ PRITTIE! Maybe it will learn giga impact/earth power or something?

Croagunk:
    To defeat Toxicroak it should learn mud bomb

Happiny:
    When it evolves attacks like egg bomb and softboiled are likely

Sudowoodo:
    Rock tomb or something would be nice. That way it can have a rock move and be effective when Brock leaves it at the Pewter Gym.
    Last edited by thunderblade12; 22nd June 2009 at 9:41 AM.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Ha. Lets's begin, thunderblade.

Pikachu: Ash doesn't need to teach it defensive moves because Ash bases his strategy around speed. The only one he needs to alter that for is Grotle. Pikachu only needs to be able to stop others defending, ala Feint or Brick Break.

Staraptor (apologies for changing your order, but Starly was caught first): If Whirlwind doesn't damage, then I guess it's a good thing he knows Gust...but I do agree on another long ranged move, since it's something his past birds (with the exception of Noctowl's Confusion) have lacked.

Grotle: No. Solar Beam cannot go on Grotle. It would be hated. Sunny Day, however, could be helpful.

Buizel: I'd rather he didn't get Ice Punch. He lacks short ranged moves, but I'd still rather he used Icy Wind than Ice Punch. For close range, he can get something like Quick Attack? Just somthing to hit them with that's physical. Maybe Pursuit...it'd stop Paul from switching so much.

Monferno: He just evolved and learned Mach Punch, so he's fine for now. I agree with Blast Burn if he evolves, but I'd prefer Flare Blitz to wait until he evolved too. I'd like Monferno to be focused as a fighter. They can improve his flame attacks later.

Gliscor: I don't want Poison Jab. Croagunk already has it. I like the idea of Earth Power, but I'd much prefer Earthquake.

I can't be bothered to do the others, but I will mention this. Piplup and Mamoswine's moves don't have an effect on what Buneary already knows, especially since Buneary was there long before Mamoswine. Also, she knows Dizzy Punch, not Comet Punch.

I do like Sudowoodo with Rock Tomb though, now that the animation has become like Magmortar used it.

Iota

Pikachu - The chances of Ash getting defensive with it are very unlikely
    Staraptor - As i said before for a range attack - swift
    Grotle - Sunny Day with Solar Beam would be good for a new range attack but i still like crunch
    Monferno - Now that i think of it Blast Burn is pretty obvious for when it evolves due to Paul and Barry and their pokemon
    Buizel - I'm still hoping for ice punch
    Gliscor - it would look cool but i don't wanna see it with poison jab....I'd rather it have earth power but is it more likely than earthquake???

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Pikachu - Something psychial and not some Electric attack. Best move to get: BrickBreak!
    Grotle - Something defensive or something helpful, to help it's teamates. Best move to get: Sunny Day/Rain Dance!
    Staraptor - Something long ranged attacks, instead of direct attacks. Best move to get: Heat Wave!
    Buizel - Something that happens to be non-water and something punchy! Best move to get: Ice Punch!
    Gliscor - Can go under the helpful category and set up advantages! Best move to get: Stealth Rock!
    Monferno - Since everyone like it, so why not something from distance! Best move to get: Focus Blast!

Best Strategic Moves for Ash's battle against Paul
    Pikachu-Feint (To break through Electabuzz's Protect)
    Staraptor-Roost (To heal from Brave Bird damage)
    Grotle-Sunny Day (To power up Monferno's fire attacks)
    Monferno-Flare Blitz (Uber-Blaze Fire Slam!!!)
    Buizel-Brick Break (To break through Electabuzz's Light Screen) OR Buizel-Rain Dance (To speed it up)
    Gliscor-Aqua Tail (A surprise for Paul's Gliscor)

Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    You're no fair! I was just getting ready to post that! So much for me being first on the Buizel/Brick Break thing...

Pikachu-Feint
    Staraptor-Twister
    Grotle-Leaf Storm, Superpower
    Monferno/Infernape-Flare Blitz, Blast Burn
    Buizel/Floatzel-Brick Break, Ice Fang, Razor Wind
    Gliscor-Aqua Tail
    Not to be off-topic, but wasn't I the first to suggest Buizel/Brick Break a page back? Anyway, to keep this post on topic... I think Piplup definitely needs to upgrade Peck with Drill Peck (or has it already?) and I think Mist would be a great move for it to learn

If it's staying as a Piplup (which it is), then it needs something new...and since it doesn't learn Hydro Pump until it's mega-level, then Drill Peck would be perfect, especially if it is in fact around the level that the TCG predicts (39).
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by terminoob View Post
    Not to be off-topic, but wasn't I the first to suggest Buizel/Brick Break a page back?
    Did you? Sorry, I must have missed that. Greatest apologies.

Piplup-Drill Peck and Brine/Hydro Pump
    Buneary-Jump Kick/Fire Punch/Sky Uppercut
    Pachirisu-Nothing.
    Mamoswine-Avalanche and Giga Impact.
    Ambipom-Thunderpunch/Solarbeam

Sudowoodo-Nothing.
    Croagunk-Sludge Bomb/Gunk Shot
    Happiny-Drain Punch

Meowth-Night Slash
    Wobbufet-Nothing
    Seviper-Poison Fang
    Yanmega-Ominous Wind
    Mime Jr.-Reflect and Psybeam/Wake-Up Slap
    Carnivine-Power Whip

Author's Profile

Piplup-Drill peck
    Monferno-Flare Blitz
    Pikachu-Brick break
    Buizel-Razor wind
    Meowth-Night Slash
    Carnivine-Power whip
    Sudowoodo-Wood Hammer

Zoey's Current Pokemon
    Glameow/Purugly-Aerial Ace, Slash
    Misdreavous/Mismagius-Magical Leaf, Will-O-Wisp
    Shellos-Muddy Water, Body Slam
    Finneon/Lumineon-Aqua Tail, Psybeam

Kenny's Current Pokemon
    Prinplup-Brine, Ice Beam
    Alakazam-Focus Punch
    Breloom-Bullet Seed
    Machoke-Dynamincpunch, Karate Chop

Nando's Current Pokemon
    Roselia/Roserade-Weather Ball, Rain Dance
    Sunflora-Solarbeam
    Kricketune-Bug Buzz, Perish Song

Author's Profile

Piplup - It needs an upgrade from her boring moves! Best move to get: Drill Peck!
    Buneary - It needs something else from just spamming the ice attack! Best move to get: Attract!
    Pachirsu - It learned an attack, but something more is great to! Best move to get: Seed Bomb!
    Mamoswine - Something else from ice attacks! Best move to get: Rock Tomb!

I want to see Pochama use Signal Beam; it'll be cool coming from a water type, and will be good for contests. Also, I want Pachirisu to use Magnet Rise in the Anime. Haha, imagine seeing a floating Pachirisu, I can just image that. I wonder how it'll look in the Anime.
    PearlShipping

~Hikari~ Diajobu!
    I will always be by your side...
    My proud Pokétch shines in a pink light .
    I'm always looking for what's in front of me
    I'll become stronger, by your side...
    When I say "Do your best."
    I want to tell you "No need to worry"
    All my dreams and all my feelings
    I hold them close to my heart as I continue my journey

Barry's Current Pokemon
    Empoleon-Aqua Jet, Ice Beam
    Staraptor-Steel Wing, Take Down
    Roserade-Energy Ball, Solarbeam, Cut
    Heracross-Brick Break, Shadow Claw

Volkner's Pokemon
    Ambipom-Shock Wave, Shadow Claw, Fire Punch
    Raichu-Focus Punch, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt
    Octillery-Ice Beam, Octazooka, Bullet Seed, Water Pulse
    Luxray-Charge Beam, Iron Tail, Ice Fang, Discharge

Author's Profile

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast