Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Fashion Flash (028)

Default Pokémon Fashion Flash (028)

Pokémon Fashion Flash!

When Brock gets to Scissor Street, he sees a Pokemon Breeder called Suzie and her Vulpix are having trouble with their business as Team Rocket have opened up a rival studio. Can Brock help?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ororo Munroe Guest

This was a cute episode. I like the argument between Ash and Misty and Brock actually found a girl that he liked that seemed to like him back. It caused a lot of people (myself included) to become Breedershippers. It was nice to see something to do with Pokemon breeding since it's not shown much.

I loved how the Pokemon looked like the people who bred them. (The spiky haired Bulbasaur with the punk was the best).

However, I HATED the crap that Team Rocket (I mean Salon Rocket) was dumping on the ingornat, unsuspecting masses. I wouldn't let someone do that to my Pokemon if THEY PAYED ME. I guess good taste is lost on the naive.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

TR made jokes out of the Pokémon. And the Pokémon didn't seem too thrilled either. Raichu especially. Koffing and Ekans were SO HILARIOUS!
    Suzie was a good filler character. I'm glad she came back in Johto. Vulpix made a good partner for Brock(you know what I mean >.>). Dunno why, she just does^^. I liked Suzie's style of Pokémon 'style', I suppose you call it.

Overall rating:
    7.0 out of 10!!
    A decent filler. Nice character development for Brock, too.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

I liked this episode a couple of times, but then I got a wee bit bored with repeats.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

vulpix Guest

i love this episode cause it's the debut of my #1 favorite pokemon!!

I think things were a little overblown when it came to Team Rocket. Team Rocket may have been going about their store for not-so-good reasons, but I think the idea of helping a pokemon look more beautiful is a pretty good idea. Especially the girl squirtle they showed, it looked really great once they dolled it up. At least they agreed in "Beauty and the Breeder" that a pokemon can look good outside and inside, but they had to get that from Zachary, when Team Rocket said the same thing three seasons before. Grrrr. I also think Misty was too harsh on Psyduck when he was just trying to help.

On a more positive note, I found it really funny that Misty loved the makeover Team Rocket gave her. LOL I also loved Ash and Brock's reactions. I also loved Team Rocket's different motto. I like when they keep things fresh once a while by doing special mottos.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22 NEW!! 10/28
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

The problem was TR was forcing Suzie out of business. Ash and Brock wanted to help her. Actually, if Team Rocket hadn't captured Misty, they would have been left alone.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

boss_voyage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    I also think Misty was too harsh on Psyduck when he was just trying to help.
    I know. Misty acted like such a whiny and ungreatful brat. Psyduck saved her life. I know she got burned, but it could've been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    On a more positive note, I found it really funny that Misty loved the makeover Team Rocket gave her. LOL I also loved Ash and Brock's reactions. I also loved Team Rocket's different motto. I like when they keep things fresh once a while by doing special mottos.
    I loved Ash's reaction to Misty's face. He was laughing so hard and Misty was steaming mad. It must've felt good for him to have a good laugh at Misty, especially after that argument they had. I guess he did have "The last quack" on her after all.
    Last edited by boss_voyage; 11th October 2005 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I loved how the Pokemon looked like the people who bred them. (The spiky haired Bulbasaur with the punk was the best).
    That was funny.

This episode was really cool. There were a lot of funny quotes here (the dotted lines mean different scenes).

Brock: Uhhhhh HOW DARE YOU!
    -----
    James: Koffing, Sludge makeover!
    -----
    Brock: I want to breed like you, I mean I want to learn to breed like you, I mean your Vulpix looks nice

*it would have been funny if Brock said, "I want to breed with you.

I kind of think Misty looked better after her makover.

Psyduck was great in this episode. He was establishing himself as one of the funniest Pokemon in the anime, if not the funniest.

Brock got Vulpix, which was also cool.

9.3/10

Brock: I want to breed like you, I mean I want to learn to breed like you, I mean your Vulpix looks nice
    lmao i dont remember that! when did he say that?

Vulpix was kool. I'm glad brock got it. TR's plan was actually pretty good. An Awesome Epi 9/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Brocks ranting about how great Suzie was had me laughing for at least 5 minutes. I liked how Suzie referred to inner happiness, reminding me of the happiness factor introduced in the games in Gold and Silver.

Good episode. But, mostly because it had Vulpix in it.

A funny episode. It was funny seeing Brock actually be sorta scared of a girl instead of just coming onto her like most other though I guess that always happens when you meet someone you admire alot. I think Misty looked very cute in the outfit that TR put on her especially with the makeup on her face it was a very good look for her, TR has some good fashion sense. Poor Psyduck getting yelled at by Misty if it wasn't for Psyduck Ash and Brock wouldn't have known she was in trouble. Anyway grats to Brock for getting recognized by Susie and getting Vulpix to.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Yeah i liked the fact that Brock managed to get a Vulpix out of this episode. And aww it's really really cute, it was interesting to see how he reacts around Susie just because she's a pokemon breeder aswell :P

PINK FRIDAY

It makes your ears BLEED

I've always liked this episode. I still can't figure out how Misty found the makeover Team Rocket gave her attractive. I liked the outfit, but all of the stuff on her face kinda ruined it.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Is it just me, or is the person who comes to pick up chansey sounds like a man in drag?

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

Quote Originally Posted by iraqmaster View Post
    Is it just me, or is the person who comes to pick up chansey sounds like a man in drag?
    i dunno, i didn't pay much attention to that at the moment i watched the episode, i'll ask a frend of mine he has all of the episodes.

anyway this one was very funny and also very amuzing in my opinion,
    i want to give this episode a 9/10.

I saw this episode pretty recently, and good god I loved it. Brock was so shy around Suzie, it was nice for a change ^_^ (I think he was so embarassed that at one point he literally bashed his head on a table or something...)

And Salon Roquet? FUNNY! Some of the fashions they made up... I literally cracked up. That guy with the Chansey (ie: the guy with the gay accent and spiky orange hair) literally scared the hell out of me x_x;

Best part was at the end, after Misty had gotten her "makeover", and Ash couldn't stop laughing over how ridiculous she looked. The expressions on their faces were priceless!

Overall, a definite classic ^^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I thought this was one of the funnier episodes, i can't believe that anyone would believe that what team rocket were trying pass off as fashion actually were, they just made them all look stupid and then charged them for it.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

This is a cool episode. Vulpix is awesome. I love how Brock was acting too. He should have stayed with her.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 7:45 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Love this one, i think its my favorite episode..James was so cute XD
    and i never tought Brock could take care of Vulpix untill Vulpix her trainer would ask it back
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

A well written episode, that FINALLY focuses on Team Rocket's bad talents. Opening up a Salon for beautifying a Pokemon by making them flashy was really a great scam for money. It's too bad that the trainer's Pokemon were really dissatisfied on how they looked like. x3

Default Pokémon Fashion Flash (028)

Brock has led Ash and Misty to Scissors Street in Celadon City. Ash and Misty don't know why, but they walk along with him. As they see several Pok&#233;mon beauty parlors. Misty remembers that Scissors Street is also known as Breeder's Lane, and both she and Ash agree that that's why Brock's here. Brock doesn't answer them, and continues to look. Misty comes across the newest salon that has opened, Salon Roqu&#233;t. Inside, the two stylists (Jessie and James) are working on a Raichu and Dodrio. They finish, and their owner loves what they did. The Pok&#233;mon, on the other hand, disagree, but they go along with it. Meowth is at the cash register, gleefully counting money. He tells Jessie and James, that they're spend too much.
    Outside, Misty thinks about getting in line, when Brock finds what he was looking for. They go inside, and find Susie, a Pok&#233;mon breeder, taking care of a Chansey. The owner comes in and takes the Pok&#233;mon, thanking Susie on an excellent job. Susie turns to Ash and his friends and asks them if they have come to treat their Pok&#233;mon. Ash replies that they're just looking around, Brock starts to stutter, and Misty sees a Vulpix sleeping on a chair. She runs over and picks him up. The grumpy Vulpix burns Misty with a fire attack and jumps back onto the chair, yawns, and goes back to sleep. Susie tells her that Vulpix doesn't like strangers, and Brock calls out Susie's name. He introduces himself and tells her that he wants to become a breeder like her. He stumbles all over his words, but finally spits out the main reason he is in her salon: He wants to be her apprentice. Everyone is astounded, including Susie. Ash asks why Brock wants to do this, and he explains that Susie has won many awards for her salon, going on and on. He starts on Vulpix, but Ash stops him. Susie is flattered, but declines, saying that she is still learning herself. Later, during lunch, Susie compliments Brock on his food making abilities, noting that Pikachu has a nice, shiny coat. Vulpix jumps onto the table, and approaches Pikachu's plate. She sniffs the food, and starts to happily eat. Brock is extremely flattered that she likes his food. Susie is surprised as well, saying that Vulpix only ate food that she herself had made. Misty brings up the subject of Salon Roqu&#233;t, asking if the flashy Pok&#233;mon is the newest trend. Susie explains that ever since the Rockets' Salon opened, trainers have been trying to make their Pok&#233;mon as flashy as possible. Ash agrees that it is stupid to show off, but Misty disagrees, saying that even Pok&#233;mon like to get dressed up. Ash starts to argue with her about the subject, while Brock and Susie look on. Ash suggests that Misty takes Psyduck over to the new Salon, and she agrees. She releases Psyduck, and they hurry over. Susie wonders aloud if she should change her methods per the new trend, but Brock tells her not to, saying that if people want style over substance, they'll give them substance with style.
    Lingerie Alley

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast