Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon! I Choose You (001)

Default Pokémon! I Choose You (001)

Pokémon! I Choose You!

Ash Ketchum has just turned 10 years old and it is time for him to start his Pokémon Journey. However his Starter Pokémon is a rather disobediant Pikachu. Will Ash be able to Tame this Pikachu?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Well, i am amazed that you were or who ever did it or worked with you did all these episode with a pic, and a small summary...

PIKACHU YOU LOOK CUTE...lol
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

I still remeber that part when Ash met Pikachu...

"Hi, Pika-AUUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingRuby
    I still remeber that part when Ash met Pikachu...

"Hi, Pika-AUUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!!"
    Yea...same here it is unforgettable...i wish they would air that as a special some time...when Pokemon Anniversary comes...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

and Ash's little "That's right! I hereby declare to the Pokemon of the world" speech?

and the spearow chase?

and Pikachu's kiss?

Jade Mage Guest

The Nidorino-Gengar battle is still the best. Nostalgia is good.

Luke04 Guest

This was the best eposide ever. I remember of an eposide that Ash made pikachu fight a golem what eposide was that?

Waterstar Misty Guest

It is unforgettable, the first pokemon episode that started it all. I can still remember it all. Pikachu at first acting like it was smarter then Ash. Pikachu protecting Ash when he found out he could trust Ash, and Misty fishing Ash out of the river and then he takes Misty's bike. This entire episode is one of my favorite.

Does anyone know how Ash's little speech goes?

Raiden Guest

That episode was so funny at the beginning, and sad at the end!
    I was actually interested in Misty. She'd dead boring now - especially with her Togepi.

Pokemon had such great beginnings.

Anyway, is it true that Misty slapped Ash in the Japanese version? I always thought that's why there was a frozen frame and Misty positioned the way she was when it unforze.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

meggirl63 Guest

That's a good episode! Ash was soooooo cute as a ten-year-old! Oh, Gary was cute too!

Factory Head Noland Guest

I always wondered something:

If Prof. Oak knew that there were 4 Trainers starting their journey that day then surely he realised that someone would lose out because there are only 3 starters so the 4th person was never going to get a starter.

If all 4 Trainers had turned up at the same time then someone would lose out on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Anyway, is it true that Misty slapped Ash in the Japanese version? I always thought that's why there was a frozen frame and Misty positioned the way she was when it unforze.
    Yep, it is. You can actually still hear the sound effect of the slap if you listen closely enough I did find an animated gif of that part on a random french website before as a matter of fact...*goes to investigate*

Katsuya Guest

And so begins my quest - to review all the eps.

Best bit in this episode - Start of the episode, where it's the Game's opening screen.

I love this episode. Pikachu and Ash were shaky at first, but in the end, they became friends. I have this episode on GBA video, and my favorite part was when Pikachu licked Ash's cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Yep, it is. You can actually still hear the sound effect of the slap if you listen closely enough I did find an animated gif of that part on a random french website before as a matter of fact...*goes to investigate*
    Can you get us that link. It would be nice to see. Even for the beginning 4Kids took out little stuff and did a bad job of covering their tracks.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

this was the 2nd eps i saw... I got it on video, the first one i saw was where charmander evolved, but i couldnt see it for static...

I liked this episode, but it isnt one of my personal favorates, im not sure why...hmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Latios
    The government has the capability to spy on you, in which if they catch you can fine you up to $10,000.

So you're better off buying the DVD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II
    You can lead a Pokémon fan to water, but you can't make them shut up about how that water is somehow Satoshi's dad.
    Absolute Zero Forums

Magi of all Guest

Ah the memories. I remember the first time I saw this episode, back when Pokemon aired on Fox. I wondered where the pokeball Ash got pikachu out of. What happened to it, there was a lightning bolt on it.

One of the most memorable episode. I remember my friends and i would debate who hooh was and we use to call it "golden bird" lol. Ash was funnier in the early Kanto episode.

Mistystar89 Guest

I liked this one a lot because of Ash being a rookie. XD He tried to get a Pidgey using his bare hands! XD And his Pokedex called him stupid XDD

"Rattata can usaully be found on grasslands."
    "But this is an open field!"
    "They may go into the backpacks of stupid travelers."
    "Are you saying I'm stupid?"

*Pikachu cracks up*

gotta love rookie Ash!

Oh yes. The first episode of the most popular video game series of all time. Without it, we would not have this site. Nor would we have any future movies,games, and special episodes. This episode debuted some of the series most popular characters,like Ash and Misty.^_^ This episode also debuted the most famous Pokemon of all, Pikachu.^_^ It was so cute in it's first appearence. It was funny when Pikachu shocked everyone. Misty's first appearence was also really cool.^_^ She saved Ash from drowning in the river.And yes,she did slap Ash in the Japanese verson. He was really brave against the Spearows. And Pikachu layed the smackdown on them. Then they saw Ho-oh, the very first Johto Pokemon we saw in the entire series,but we wouldn't know what it was for a little while. And the annoucer was right. Ash would have lots of new advantures,saw new places,met new friends, fought new foes, and learned many new mysteries. This was a really great start for this series. And I'm happy that I'm a long time fan.

Robert Guest

Thumbs up

This was a wonderful start to the series that showed what the main focus of the plot should be. Rarely do I find first episodes to be so good.

Omega II Guest

OH yea... I remember Ho-Oh. I saw the golden bird and I thought it was Moltres.

Hales Guest

I adore this episode, I mean how can you not love Pikachu, I love how Ash asks Pikachu to open its mouth to talk and it opens its mouth really wide...

But what I loved was the music during the Spearow bit, Pikachu realised that Ash would really put his life on the line for it, and Pikachu gave a humongous thundershock... I like how Ho-oh shows up too.

But I still wonder to this day why it only shows itself to Ash...hmmm.
    Last edited by Hales; 7th November 2004 at 8:45 AM.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast