Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Punchy Pokémon! (029)

I just saw this at the Dentist's office and it brought back so many memories.

A tournament for Fighting types was a good idea. I liked how Pikachu wanted to fight Hitmonchan, though that didn't end well. Kinda confused as to why Ash left Primeape though, he had just caught it.

Overall, 8/10

Funny how Pikachu tried to fair fight Hitmonchan with gloves and all, but not a really bright idea lol.

Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee got spotlight, i remember how much i liked these two back then and it was great to have a fighting pokemon tournament to make them shine. I love Primeape's belt!

Primeape left though :/ to "train" and until now we haven't seen him again lol. Specially because in this episode it began to be loyal to Ash.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

one of the few episodes i've seen,it was awesome with Hitmonlee,my favourite fighting type pokemon.i was thinking why Brock entered Geodude

one of the few episodes i've seen,it was awesome with Hitmonlee,my favourite fighting type pokemon.i was thinking why Brock entered Geodude

^Wow, dude! Triple Post!

Anywhoooo......I loved this episode, in fact, it's one of few that I own. I love hitmonchan, and I wish with all my heart that mine was real....I love you, Sertorius....I'd even sneak you to the hospital with me when I'm in my residency training.(He could hang out in the staffroom or the on-call room and wait for me...I'd buy him candy bars and stuff from the cafeteria, and let him go with me to the childrens' ward with me when I'd have to perform surgery on children. I bet they'd get a kick out of him...but I digress.)

--But enough of this navel-gazing and talking to my hitmonchan...Excellent episode, though why does Ash leave his primeape with Anthony? It's ALREADY a P-1 champ! Bleh, another stupid move on Ash's part.

9.9/10

~Nemmeh

I LOVES mah Hitmonchan....

3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    ATTENTION! I HAVE A LARGE AMOUNT OF FOSSIL POKEMON UFT, INCLUDING X-VERSION EXCLUSIVES. PM ME IF YOU WANT ONE
    Banner by: Me. Art by Stephen Gammell
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.
    My Youtube, wherein I read stupid stories and mock them! Also, some songs. May not be appropriate for kids. Updated weekly with two whole videos!

This episode was pretty cool. I always love tournament or contest episodes and this one was great with all the fighting types. I remember when I was younger I always wanted to see a Hitmonlee battle a Hitmonchan and this episode did it for me. I always hated the fact that Ash left Primeape behind because it's one of my favorite pokemon and could have served Ash well in the long run.

Primeape showed how much potential it has. Too bad it did not realized it with Ash, in one of his gyms/.
    As for the tournament - it was great. I always thought a Fighting pokemon tournament would be good to watch, I wonder why Brock has retired with his Geodude? Only because of some punches...

pika PAWNCH
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/29krqle.jpg[/IMG]
    SS FC: 3095 0579 5401. Black FC: 2795 1247 0008 X FC: 4270 1776 0283

please click them?
    My shinys:

It would have better if they had made him trade instead of just giving away. Anything is better than seeing Pokemon thrown away.

My ideal battle ever!

As with most other people, Primeape's giveaway was vexing.

And what cheeses me off even more is... Ash, you've had Krabby in reserve before you even caught Primeape, ever since Butterfree left, WHY ISN'T IT ON YOUR TEAM.

I really liked this episode, except for the part where Ash gave away his Primeape. It was great to finally see many Fighting pokemon and their attacks be the center of the episode for the 1st time. Pikachu was very funny.

67/100

When I first saw Hitmonchan, my first thought was, "Why is that Pokemon wearing a dress?" =)

It was sad to see Primeape go, especially since Ash had just caught it only a few episodes before. Primeape was really strong, and probably would have done really well on Ash's team if it stayed.

I swear that this is one of my favorite episodes ever. The opening scene where Pikachu tried to defeat Hitmonchan in a boxing match was great and then Ash entering Primeape into the P1 was also great to watch. Sadly, they let Primeape go for some reason. Really, I still don't see the point in having Ash ever catch a Primeape and use it just for this episode and then release it.

清順(トンボ)
    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Ash, you've had Krabby in reserve before you even caught Primeape, ever since Butterfree left, WHY ISN'T IT ON YOUR TEAM.
    I never even thought about Krabby lol. Yeah he should have used it more. But maybe it's good that he didn't because he may have just given it away and then he wouldn't have that Kingler he uses in future episodes!
    I actually found this episode quite dull and a bit unnecessary. Ash leaving Butterfree was a really sad moment, but him leaving Primape was just a little stupid. Why bother going through the trouble to catch it in the first place?!

Cool episode, and a nice fighting tourney. I hate most fighting types, but the tourney was nice to watch. Jessie and James stealing the Hitmonlee-trainer's clothes and dressing like him was really funny. Primeape was released too soon. Just when he started caring about Ash, it is released. Ash should've kept it, now they just started bonding.

This was the episode where Ash & Primeape bonded more, I liked it. Its too bad Ash let it go too soon never to be seen again. What was the point of Ash capturing Primeape in the first place if he gave it away not too long after? The P1 Grand Prix was interesting to watch.
    Last edited by Blessed; 13th November 2012 at 11:18 PM.

I can't believe that after so many years primeape will make a return. The writers threw me off completely with this since never has it crossed my mind that a pokemon he let go will come back. Amazing but as for the episode it's a shame since i felt it was a pokemon that had so much potential and to let it go like that was lame. Now it's returning. As for this episode the only complaint i had was that it was gone to soon but that might change now surprisingly lol.

The World God Only knows

Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    I can't believe that after so many years primeape will make a return. The writers threw me off completely with this since never has it crossed my mind that a pokemon he let go will come back. Amazing but as for the episode it's a shame since i felt it was a pokemon that had so much potential and to let it go like that was lame. Now it's returning. As for this episode the only complaint i had was that it was gone to soon but that might change now surprisingly lol.
    He's not returning.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective
    there not returning. the same thing happened ages ago. all of ashs pokemon were in an opening (including primeape) and yet it didn't appear. its just a nice thing they do for fans every now and then
    ^ This is what's going on.

What that thing up there said.
    It's a shame though, it'd be nice for him to return.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

After watching it again, I was very amused by watching Pikachu trying to battle the Hitmonchan. His daydreaming of Hitmonchan defeating him badly was priceless.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

I really like the introduction to a lot of the Kanto fighting-type Pokémon. Also, the P1 Grand Prix was also interesting to watch - even if you knew who the winner would be. I do agree with most of the people that giving Primeape away was just completely unnecessary. Primeape had way more potential than just being under Ash's possession for four episodes - with only 1 appearance. Yeah, why bother capturing Primeape in the first place if you gave it away not long after?

I wonder if Ash will ever use Primeape again...sigh

Haha. Pikachu vs Hitmonchan was hilarious. Sucks that Ash gave away Primeape. At least he didn't release it, it's still in his possession.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123