Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sparks Fly For Magnemite! (030)

A very good episode, I liked how the introduced both Grimer, Muk Magnemite, and Magneton by having them hang around a power plant. It was funny watching that Magnemite follow Pikachu around because it was magnetized. Grats to Ash for catching a Muk it will serve him well later down the road, it's to bad he didn't catch a Magnemite or Magneton to during this episode.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I find magnemites low voice very funny, it say MAAAGGNEMIITTE!

For some reason, in the scene where Ash was holding Pikachu, he looked really cool and sexy in those pink rubber gloves. But still, it was a good episode.

Magnemite scared me when I was little. It was kind of creepy to me how Magnemite just followed Pikachu around. And when I was little, I didn't get Ash's line saying that Magnemite was a "streaker." Now, I find that hilarious.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

I liked this episode. Poor Pikachu, I felt bad for it. That Magnemite was actually very creepy ¬¬ I'm glad Pikachu got better and it left Pika alone.

Muk was awesome, too! I love how the smell comes through the Pokeball! XD
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

A rather good episode. Poor Pikachu thinks Ash would have left him. Muk was cool too. But it was weird how it never seemed to smell after this episode.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it's a good episode no question though the magnemites are so annoying.

I think it was cute how Magnemite had a crush on Pikachu.

I liked Muk, i think it made a good edition to Ash's Pokemon.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

awesome episode!

Magnite are so cute/innocent!

I'm missing these kind of episode.

Like this episode ^_^
    good that ash catch Muk
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode sure was heck of an adventure. But I'm surprised that Muk is found in the Power Plant and blocks the water, which provides electricity source. It sure did stink alot when Ash captured it and Oak smelling it. But how come no one senses its bad smell in the games?

This is one episode that really reminds me of how I came to love Pokemon when I first started watching it at the end of the '90s.

If one was to simply look at the synopsis for this episode, they'd probably find the plot to be dull and uninteresting. However, thankfully the synopsis doesn't tell the full story lol. I thought Gringy City was a very unique place for Ash and co to visit on the back of the likes of Saffron, Celadon and the desert surroundings where Ash caught and released Primeape. Additionally, it was cool how the Magnemite and Grimer families were both introduced in this episode in the grimy Power Plant environment.

Although the Magnemite's infatuation towards Pikachu didn't interest me much, I liked to see a different character to the Nurse Joy and some of the interactions between the characters, e.g. Ash calling Magnemite a streaker, much to Misty and Brock's embarrassment.

However, the surprise capture of Muk made this episode for me. It was right out of left field when you expected this episode to be left as a filler meant only to showcase a couple of new Pokemon. There was no impetus beforehand for Ash to catch Muk, and to top it off it was mostly down to the work of Magnemite/ton that the Grimer and Muk were repelled. So the first time I saw the episode, it was a complete shock when Ash pulled out a Pokeball to catch it. The background music makes the scene all the more epic too. Pity that they don't do spur-of-the-moment captures like this any longer.

you can smell muk through the pokeball!!! lol

if was hilarious at the end when muk tackled professor oak when he opened the pokeball

I find it strange that Muk's smell doesn't affect anyone anymore...it only happened in this episode. Pikachu has a stalker! xD That was hilarious. Who knew that Magnemite & Grimer could be enemies? But, as always, it worked out in the end; the Pokemon at the Pokemon Center were saved, Ash caught a new Pokemon, TR didn't die from sludge poisoning, the end

I give this episode a:
    8.1/10
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

Best line I have heard in any pokemon episode ever:
    Oak: What's the idea of sending me a Muk?!? Yuck!!
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

It was great to see how Magnemite can be in love in Pikachu
    I loved also Muk, he was so big compare to those Grimer
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

One of my favorite episodes because of how eerie it was. The setting of the story (a factory town) as well as the fact that most of the events occur in the dark is a bit creepy. Honestly I never would have guessed that a Magnemite would be attracted to a Pikachu though; they're so different. Ash capturing that Muk caught me by surprise aswell. He Oak'd it and I could tell it's fate was doomed. 8/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 16th November 2010 at 2:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    One of my favorite episodes because of how eerie it was.

Honestly I never would have guessed that a Magnemite would be attracted to a Pikachu.

Ash capturing Muk caught me by surprise aswell. He Oaked it and it really ever appears. 8/10
    It was definitely eerie! Funny thing is that it aired a week before Halloween! Muk being captured was a nice surprise!

Did anyone notice that at the end of the episode when they showed a bunch of different Pokemon behind Nurse Joy there was a really tiny Raticate and Fearow. The Raticate is smaller than the Rattata that its near. Pretty interesting mistake.

Good episode with Ash catching Muk and all. Too bad he never uses his first full Poison type that often.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Yeah i second that, this town was eerie and just dark and dirty.

Now this town has the most lazy nurse Joy ever, most Joy jump and say "oh no" about just anything, but not this one, she just doesn't worry that much lol.

Muk is awesome, i'm glad Ash got it and it was called upon at the league.

Fun episode with this nostalgia of Kanto.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Magnemite was strong, I have to say. Although their attack and Pikachu together haven't been enough to kee the Grimer away, but it does did something. As for the other parts I'd say the Muk capture was good, but his smell....

Magnemite falling in love with pikachu just creeped me out. The redeeming part of this ep was that Ash captured muk. Still a good episode though.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Smile

This episode has everything I love about the first season; an original plot that thought outside the game, dub jokes that are actually remotely funny, and a reminder of Ash's complete underdog-ness. He catches the episode's antagonist only for it to smell like junk!

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

This was the 1 episode of Kanto I disliked the most. The only part 1 liked was when Ash caught Muk and the comedy act at the end with the Pokeball and then Professor Oak receiving it.

1/100

Magnemite's a creep. The way it was lurking in the dark alley at the beginning and how it stalked Pikachu... *shudders*

When Pikachu was acting werid at the beginning of this episode, it really unnerved me the first time I saw it. I thought Pikachu was possessed or something.

Some parts were really funny. I liked how gross Muk's smell was. Oh, and the comment about Magnemite being a streaker was awesome. How does a magnet streak? ^__~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast