Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dig Those Diglett! (031)

Default Dig Those Diglett! (031)

Dig Those Diglett!

When a bunch of Diglett and Dugtrio stop creation of a Dam, all Pokémon trainers are being recruited to help get rid of them...but the Dam is going to destroy habitats of Pokémon. Can Ash & co. save the Diglett from the Construction Workers?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

W00t! A Shigeru appearence! ^_~ I really liked this episode for that and that alone. It was really nice seeing how he was doing. I also liked the man trying to play "whack a mole" with the poor lil' diglett XD

Also, this will sound stupid, but did anyone besides me think Kasumi was topless the first time they saw the bath scene of this episode? I mean, you can't tell she's wearing anything till she gets up! XD I was always somewhat surprised 4kids didn't freak out and try to make straps to her bathing suit.
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Crystal Latios Guest

Don`t you think, this episode was very funny?
    It was funny, when TR was kicked by Diggletts. So small and so strong
    Also, Gary was cool, haha, cheeky like always

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko
    W00t! A Shigeru appearence! ^_~ I really liked this episode for that and that alone. It was really nice seeing how he was doing. I also liked the man trying to play "whack a mole" with the poor lil' diglett XD

Also, this will sound stupid, but did anyone besides me think Kasumi was topless the first time they saw the bath scene of this episode? I mean, you can't tell she's wearing anything till she gets up! XD I was always somewhat surprised 4kids didn't freak out and try to make straps to her bathing suit.
    Actually, I thought that too. Back in the old days of Pokemon, when I was still young and thought Misty was HOT, I was like, "OMG she's like, NAKED!" before seeing that she wasn't. :P But yeah, it looked like she was naked.

...Oh, and Ekans and Koffing evolved in this episode.

meggirl63 Guest

Gary was sooooooo cute, even though HE WAS SOOOOOO HOT IN A BASEBALL OUTFIT!!!!!!!!!

I liked the joke concerning Ash being the one in 4th place. Something about him destined to stay last because of the 'shi' at the end of his name I recall. Which led to a shift in scenes to the infamous "I'm Jessie!" line. Which was actually amusing dub-wise due to the sheer radomness of it.

Bah, I was somewhat dissapointed to see Ekans and Koffing go so soon. Those two were just awesome. I'd have liked to have seen them stay as they were for a little while longer, but I suppose whats done is done. Arbok and Weezing were still welcome evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Back in the old days of Pokemon, when I was still young and thought Misty was HOT, I was like, "OMG she's like, NAKED!" before seeing that she wasn't. :P
    I too used to share the same opinion on Misty. Ahh, good times. Good...disturbing...times. And for the record, I also thought she was naked in this episode. Hooray for the Misty-fanboy Gravy of 5 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    I liked the joke concerning Ash being the one in 4th place. Something about him destined to stay last because of the 'shi' at the end of his name I recall. Which led to a shift in scenes to the infamous "I'm Jessie!" line. Which was actually amusing dub-wise due to the sheer radomness of it.

Bah, I was somewhat dissapointed to see Ekans and Koffing go so soon. Those two were just awesome. I'd have liked to have seen them stay as they were for a little while longer, but I suppose whats done is done. Arbok and Weezing were still welcome evolutions.

I too used to share the same opinion on Misty. Ahh, good times. Good...disturbing...times. And for the record, I also thought she was naked in this episode. Hooray for the Misty-fanboy Gravy of 5 years ago
    ...I remember the 'shi' thing. Well, the Japanese version of it, anyway. I think Satoshi said something about 'shi', which lead to someone mentioning that SHIgeru and TakaSHI also have the 'shi' in their names. And then MusaSHI buts into the joke and mentions her 'shi'. Or something. I'm not that good at remembering jokes.

Apart from the whole mushi/ushi thing, though. That said, aren't ushi COWaii?

I actually felt kind of sorry for TR when they learned the construction was canceled. Was it me, or did anyone else get the feeling J&J thought they evolved their pokemon for nothing?

Diglett has always been a staple on my team. Tiny but mighty.

I loved how the Diglett returned to Gary his Poke Ball and he thanked it.

Oh yeah, I also loved the "Whack-a-Diglett".

It's episodes like these that makes me wish that they'd go back and think about what made Pokemon funny. Now-a-days, I watch more for the Magma/Aqua war but there are still a few episodes that make me laugh.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

"You with the Pikachu on your head, pay attention!"

Ah, Koffing and Ekans evolved in this episode. Cool.
    I love Weezing's Japanese voice. It's great.

The "shi" joke. The ushi, mushi joke. The kinoko, hinoko joke. Hehehe...

A pretty good episode. Wait, I didn't say anything about Diglett.
    I like the Diglett. Them be very courteous Pokemon.

8.8/10
    Yeah!

Ahh, the evolution of Koffing and Ekans. I believe they didn't appear for over 250 episodes after this, when Arbok and Weezing left!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

This was a great episode. I think this period in the animé is generally the best in the series, giving us such episodes as "Sparks Fly For Magnemite", "The Flame Pokémon-athon" and "The Bridge Bike Gang". Great stuff.

Anyway, I loved the guy who was in charge of building the dam. He was absolutely hilarious. Scratching off the top of his hard hat and trying to hit the Diglett like it was an arcade game.XD And I loved when everyone was taking and he just randomly screams "Can we please get back to da Diglett!?!".XD I think he was the one who needed a relaxing trip to the hot springs.

Not only was he one of the funniest people ever, but who could forget the name of the dam? I thought it was really funny that they named it the 'Giva Dam' in a kids show. Of course when I was ten, I didn't understand it (I was so dumb XP), but now I think it's great.XD

I could say a lot more, but I'll cut it short by saying this was a really funny episode overall, and one of the true classics of Kanto. I still watch it from the same tape I recorded it on six years ago. ^_^

PWDDragon Guest

during this whole episode, i remember waiting to see what a Diglett's body looked like
    but, we never found out

EDIT!: im a MARSH trainer!

I thought this was a funny episode! seeing the guy trying to hit all the digletts with a hammer really funny!
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/5399191.jpg[/IMG]
    Anime Bish: Kagura from Gintama/Anime song: Alones from Bleach
    Many thanks to Kimmi the Awesome™ for the awesome banner.
    PM me if you wanna play me in Jump Ultimate Stars or Vs. me in PBR. ^-~

DIGLETT DIGLETT DIG DIGLETT DIG

TRIO TRIO TRIO

Outside of Gary waltzing in with his ego hanging out, this is a great episode. Loved it when the construction worker played "Whack-A-Diglett", Arbok and Weezing make their debut (though they didn't get much of a chance to fight) and I too loved the line "You with the Pikachu on your head, pay attention!"

Where they seriously gonna call that thing the "Giva Dam"? LOL! I thought 4Kids was more strict about censorship then that!

Very nice episode, I give it a 8/10, points deduced for Gary being in it. :P

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru-Kun
    Agreed, when I first saw I was thinking "Is she really naked under there. Can they show that on a cartoon?".

And of course, the evolution of Team Rockets pokemon.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

vulpix Guest

i was so happy that ekans and koffing evolved.

I notice this was the only episode where Arbok said his name as "Chaabokka". All subsequent episodes drop the last syllable (so it's just "Chaabok"). Don't know why they changed it...

This was a pretty wild episode. I never suspected that little eight-inch moles could bring down an entire dam from the inside out like that. Damn it if I didn't laugh at the foreman playing Whack-a-Mole in an attempt to drive the Diglett away. And Gary came back, as did his annoying entourage of cheerleaders - an aspect I am so glad they got rid of.

At least scissor-happy 4Kids couldn't get rid of the Japanese culture in this one - we got both a hot spring and Kabuki clappers within a minute of each other.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

(so it's just "Chaabok")
    Why is that? Why is it that Arbok never said its' name right, or Weezing? Weezing always said "Relly Scared" or "Weezing Scared" or something to that effect before they changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross

Not only was he one of the funniest people ever, but who could forget the name of the dam? I thought it was really funny that they named it the 'Giva Dam' in a kids show. Of course when I was ten, I didn't understand it (I was so dumb XP), but now I think it's great.XD
    Refresh my memory, did they pronouce it as it's spelled, or did they say "Gi- (long "i") -va Dam?

If they really pronouced as it's spelled, I'd be shocked. They also did the same thing in some episode of The Three Stooges.

Nah, they pronounced it with a long i. But that doesn't stop it from being funny.XD

Aura The Wolf Guest

This is one of my favorite episodes, I wish I could see it again.

Gary was so cool in this one.

Diglet dig, diglet dig, TRIO TRIO TRIO!

XD

Ah... The episode that changed Jesse and James Pokes for ever. Brings back old memories, huh NP?

YumeHeart Guest

Ah, the memories! Haha, I remember that about Misty. *Everyone* thought she wasn't wearing a swimsuit at first. XD I can't believe I never made the connection about the Giva dam thing. I would've had it been pronounced like it was written, but that would've been too obvious. This episode was a classic!

I love this episode it`s pretty funny.except team rocket evolved their pokemon too easy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast