Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dig Those Diglett! (031)

Melissa Guest

I was surprised Ekans and Koffing evolved this early in the show, especially since they were Arbok and Weezing for more than 200 episodes than they were Ekans and Koffing.

Blue_Poliwhirl24 Guest

I think that it's cool that Jessie and James's Pokémon finally evolve and turns from, in my opinion, the lame Ekans and Koffing to Arbok and Weezing. I like this episode because the Diglett are so cute. When you look at a Diglett you wonder, how their lowerbody look like? I have always wondered...

One of my top five episodes! I never noticed the "Give Dam" joke until it was pointed out and this thread, that's hilarious! XD All of this episode was wonderful.

I also thought Misty was naked.

And who can forget the Diglett/Dugtrio chant? My friends and I use to randomly sing that.

10/10!

Randomly sing that too while I'm working. Which is odd for a twenty year old.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Yay, the end of the ekans and koffing era. It's so sweet that they evolved at the same time, right after Jessie and James started crying over the thought of ever evolving them. I like the way they presented Arbok and Weezing to the twerps, too.

It was definitely great to see Gary again, too. I crack up every time he calls the construction man trying to hit the digletts an "arcade game". As someone who used to love playing Whack-a-mole, that joke always makes me smile. And poor Brock, he almost never gets the girls.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Who DOESN'T remember the famous "Diglett dig, Diglett dig, trio trio trio" bit?

'Diglett dig, Diglett dig, trio trio trio....Diglett dig, Diglett dig, trio trio trio'*dances along*.....i dont think j+j should have evolved their pokemon...not if they only wanted them to be stronger and nothing else.....but then hey, their evil.

One can't simply decide out of the blue to evolve their pokémon. It was a reaction upon seeing how much their trainers loved them - you know, the tears and everything. :/
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingRuby
    Who DOESN'T remember the famous "Diglett dig, Diglett dig, trio trio trio" bit?
    Diglett/Dugtrio do that in AG as well. In the episode where Ash battled Norman, Team Rocket were digging a base underground. They ended up bothering some Diglett/Dugtrio who chased them out of there. They even had their same old voices.

I too thought Misty was naked when I first saw this.

Also, on the "Charbokka" note, I believe the Arbok Ash uses in "The Ultimate Test" says "Charbokka" but that's about it for the last "a". Although I'm not sure, cause I haven't seen that one fo awhile.

I also think that the writers wouldn't have had and evolve this early on if they'd known the series was gonna last 300+ episodes.
    60% of SPPF don't miss the glitches Missingno and 'M from R/B/Y/G/S/C. If you are one of those 40% who miss our pals the glitches, copy and paste this into your signature (started by MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO)

a pretty good epi. Arbok and Weezing came out of the blue which was kool. A great way to introduce Diglett and Dugtrio.

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

I loved the introduction of the infamous Diglett chant. That guy who built the dam was hysterical when he tried hitting the Diglett with a hammer. Arbok and Weezing had an awesome introduction, wish there was more of a battle before Diglett and Dugtrio completely owned them.

Quote Originally Posted by P_S_B View Post
    Also, on the "Charbokka" note, I believe the Arbok Ash uses in "The Ultimate Test" says "Charbokka" but that's about it for the last "a". Although I'm not sure, cause I haven't seen that one fo awhile.
    Arbok added the "a" to its name in a few late Johto episodes. I was just watching Some Like it Hot and Hocus Pokemon the other day, and it said its name with the "a" added on to it.

I love this episode. The Diglett/Dugtrio chant is extremely catchy, and seeing Ekans and Koffing evolve was cool. I thought it was interesting that Ash was going to send out Squirtle to stop the Diglett, and we found out later that Squirtle was Gary's starter, and Gary was in this episode. Unintentional foreshadowing? We'll never know.

Interesting note: If my memory serves me correctly, in the scene where all the trainers are throwing their Pokeballs, listen closely and you'll hear someone say "Go Porygon!" It's been a very long time since I've seen this episode, so I may be wrong.

Get the diglett!!! lol.

Arbok and Weezing were cool.

this one was pretty funny 10/10

The first episode I ever saw, and it's probably my favorite. Diglett & Dugtrio are some of my favorites, Koffing saying his name right before he evolved, before the commercial break has forever been immortilized in my house. People will randomnly shout "KOFFEE!!". I was sad to see them go, but Weezing & Arbok were still great. I liekd how the Digletts also gave back everyone their pokeballs, and so accurately too. A true classic, Kanto in its peak.

i have that episode...how come there was no information for dugtrio?

merry christmas!

I liked it when TR were crying, and then ekans and koffing evolved.

lol, the episode that Team Rocket's Pokemon finally evolved! And about time too!
    Starting the Shin'o Campaign!
    In hope of getting all 493 Pokemon!
    Current Pokedex standing: 386

Made by Suicune619.

Didn't anyone else find the little 'Wack a Mole' reference to be humorous?

Anyway, yes, this was yet another episode that I liked from the first series. Gary makes an appearance in this one, this time with his groupies. I always found it funny yet weird to see a ten year old boy driving a car and traveling with several hot women. Then again, that just added to Gary's awesomeness.

And we get to find out the 'origins' of Ekans and Koffing. I was never sure if the lines uttered by Jessie and James were simply added by 4Kids or if they were in the original version as well. I suspect that it's something 4Kids decided to throw in.

A OK episode. It was cool that Ekans and Koffing evolve. And also, that Gary makes a apperance.

One word: FANSERVICE!

Seriously though, the builder guy rocks ("CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK TO ZE DIGLETT?!"), I only just got the Giva Dam bit reading this thread, and of course the infamous call of the most dangerous pokemon in the world...Deeglet!

Enter my fave TR pokemon ever - Chhaaaabokka!

FANSERVICE!
    I claimed Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud in the Celebrity 3.0 thread, Keitaro and Motoko from Love Hina in the Couple 3.0 thread and Kaolla Su from Love Hina in the Bishie 2.0 thread!

Current ASB ranking: Lv3 Trainer, B Grade Ref
    Win: 7, Draw: 0, Loss: 6
    KOs: 30 TPs: 113 SP: 15.5

Many thanks to Jukain for this legendary trainer card!

i love that episode cause it has digletts and they are so cute + ekans and coffing evolved on this episode

-Trapinch100
    Last edited by trapinch100; 24th February 2007 at 4:05 AM.

i liked ekans and koffing evolving
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

A good episode, the Digletts and Dugtrio were very good in this episode. Nice seeing Gary again and how much he likes to pick on Ash during the Kanto arc, watching this episode again got me thinking of what Pokemon he has on him during this episode. Funny watching Brock hit on Gary's cheering squad. Nice seeing some Misty fanservice in this episode, she looks very pretty in her bikini. Great seeing that Ekans and Koffing finally evolved into Arbok & Weezing, to bad they didn't get much chance to actually shine in this episode.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Talking Poor thing naaah i'm just kdin ya he got poned i'm evil i know muhahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    I liked the joke concerning Ash being the one in 4th place. Something about him destined to stay last because of the 'shi' at the end of his name I recall. Which led to a shift in scenes to the infamous "I'm Jessie!" line. Which was actually amusing dub-wise due to the sheer radomness of it.

Bah, I was somewhat dissapointed to see Ekans and Koffing go so soon. Those two were just awesome. I'd have liked to have seen them stay as they were for a little while longer, but I suppose whats done is done. Arbok and Weezing were still welcome evolutions.

I too used to share the same opinion on Misty. Ahh, good times. Good...disturbing...times. And for the record, I also thought she was naked in this episode. Hooray for the Misty-fanboy Gravy of 5 years ago
    wow i agree with chu mahn she disterbed me too. i'm just jokin misty's funney
    Lucario is da bomb

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast