Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dig Those Diglett! (031)

Shigeru is soooo cool in this ep....

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Didn't anyone else find the little 'Wack a Mole' reference to be humorous?
    I did. I loved that part!

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Being that it is the first episode of the show I had ever seen, it is one of my favorites. The random construction worker was hilarious because he got so angry at the tiny, benevolent Diglett. xD

Nice to see Gary make an appearance, nice to see Brock fail at makking on the ladytypes, nice to see Misty mock Brock's lack of love life, and of course, Team Rocket was actually worthwhile in this episode. Koffing says his name so perfectly it makes me laugh every time. Shame that they both evolved only 31 episodes in, but they were good evolutions. Too bad their inaugural battle in their evolved state was a loss at the hands of Diglett. xD

Very good, all around.
    Quite.

it was quite some fun when i was watching this episode, that dig song was rather annoying after a while but somehow it was also a funny thing to watch at^^

lol they swore! I'm kidding XD; "Giva Dam"... ah 4Kids actually incorporated mild off-color humor! 8D Don't see that too often...

Those Diglett were hilarious. Best moment of the episode was all the Pokéballs that trainers sent out, and the Diglett returned them one by one. Gary was all, "oh, thank you. HEY WAIT!" XD Ah I love it!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Quite a good episode. The infamous one where Koffing and Ekans evolved. The diglett were pretty enjoyable.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Diglett is a really cute Pokemon, i love it how Diglett is showed in this episode
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Not much happened in this episode, though there were some great moments. Diglett looked so darn cute in its appearance. Gary comes back and annoys Ash once more. I found it funny and ironic that Gary said Ash is fourth since he WAS the fourth trainer to leave Pallet. It shows you how smart and unforgettable Gary is.

That was a really cool episode. Still Arbok and Weezing are gone now.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

It was a wired episode. those Diglett were very funny, especially with Gary.
    and i loved how Arbok and Weezing evolved, it was great.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Somehow, this episode wasn't my favorite despite the fact that Diglett was my favorite Pokemon when I was 8 years old. There was just something about seeing a bunch of Diglett destroying a dam that I didn't like. It almost made Diglett seem scary since they had control of the land. I liked how Gary appeared at least, and how the Diglett returned everyone's Pokeballs when the trainers attempted to battle them, but that was the only good part of this episode that I recall. 4/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 21st December 2010 at 12:36 AM.

I didn't like or hate this episode, I guess it was okay Ekans and Koffing evolved though, it's interesting that they didn't really fight that well after evolving. Note that Seviper was tough before Jessie caught it. Lickitung and Wobbeffut seemed like good opponents but afterwards defeated all the time.

Notice that a trainer shouted Porygon (and Dragonite), imagine if that Porygon had come out of it's ball somehow,, there would have been a chance of Porygon never been banned (Was that episode after this one?)
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Ekans and koffing evolving was the best part of this episode. Also the part where the CoTD was trying to smash the diglett with a hammer was funny.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I really liked this ep years ago.
    Now, its most likely one of season 1s few bad eps

Still, it has some good part
    Hello!

xD

Dugtrio always creeped me out as a kid, and still does to this day.

"Didn't like this episode all that much. I did however liked seeing Ekans and Koffing evolve. Seeing Diglett/Dugtrio for the 1st time and the whack-a-diglett was cool as well.

25/100

I was a little sad to see Ekans and Koffing to evolve. I had gotten so used to them, and I thought Weezing and Arbok were sort of ugly. :(

Though I did like seeing Diglett and Dugtrio for the first time. I have always loved what they say: "Diglett Dig Diglett Dig Trio Trio Trio!" :)

This episode was cool. It was cool seeing Diglett and Dugtrio for the first time. Really cool to see Ekans and Koffing evolve.

"Diglett Dig Diglett Dig" "Trio Trio Trio"

And Ekans and Koffing evolved. Excellent episode. Also the first episode I ever saw, as far back as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    Thanks. It took a long time to get that diglett song out of my head, and now it's back!

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    Haha love it!
    Ekans and Koffing evolving was fun to watch. It's a shame that Team Rocket will still suck just as much as they always do. It was also nice to see Gary again but why are they putting him in a car full of hoes?!!! The boy is TEN!!!
    I liked that the Diglett were trying to stop the construction being made on their homeland. This episode actually had some meaning to it!

xxx

Gary had an awesome episode. And the idea of Pokemon not coming out of their Poke Balls was great. The Diglett were so cute! Team Rocket evolved their Pokemon which was nice to see, but I liked Ekans and Koffing more than their evolutions. But both Ekans and Arbok are fine to me, and so are Koffing and Weezing.

Yeah, if you exclude Gary's 1-shot appearance in the episode with the Squirtle Squad and Beauty and the Beach (Which was banned by 4kids), this was Gary's first appearance since the first episode - thirty episodes later. Luckily, his appearance rate will be more afterwards.

For the episode itself, I found it to be extremely humorous and especially with the Whack-a-mole reference. It was kind of a good episode for many reasons. I especially liked how this "rivalry" aspect was resurrected. Made things much more interesting afterwards.

Gary had an awesome episode. It was cool seeing the Digletts destroying the dam to protect their homeland. They looked very cute!
    Last edited by Blessed; 1st October 2012 at 10:30 PM.

I enjoyed the Gary interaction in this episode

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast