Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ninja PokeShowdown (032)

Janine would've been better to showcase (technically they could've since in the old RBY game there is a girl that says she is Kogas daughter who is training to be gym leader..or was that just added in FRLG?) Still Aya was cool, the gym battle was accurate yet didn't drag on the whole episode like in Hoenn which is good and Psyduck showed the first of its powers. And the gym traps were hilarious. Great episode.

A Good episode. It was interesting how the Gym was like in the Game.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWobbuffet View Post
    A great gym battle episode indeed. ^_^ I liked the overall Japanese theme the episode had too it, something rarely seen in the anime. The slapstick abuse of Ash throughout the begining was funny (poor guy XD), lots of new Pokemon introduced, and Psyduck, Charmander and Bulbsaur all battled incredably.

Koga seemed quite confident with his choice of Venonat when Ash sent in Pidgeotto. It was obvious that he knew his Venonat was on the verge of evolving so he knew it would be the best choice against Pidgeotto.

Team Rocket's Kabuki show was awesome as well, though I would have liked to see their Pokemon dressed up for it too. XD
    ummm kanto and johto had chop full off japanese references,but 4KIDS edited al of it out.

No, they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    No, they didn't.
    (sighs)do you bother to watch kanto or johto again?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster 13 View Post
    (sighs)do you bother to watch kanto or johto again?
    Yes, and there are no cuts or edits outside of writing being painted over.

A excellent gym episode, one of the better ones in the Kanto arc. Nice seeing all those traps and stuff in the Fuschia Gym really lent itself to what it was like in the game. Poor Ash falling into most of those traps and almost getting killed, I think Aya's Venonat was their to guide them around most of the traps but still so many traps in a gym how many trainers do they actually get their? Koga a favorite of mine to bad he didn't get much screen time if TR hadn't interfered he would have most likely won against Ash. Nice to see Psyduck shine in it's first battle since Misty "caught it", and then Misty actually saying she wouldn't trade Psyduck for any other Pokemon, very touching to show her actually caring for Psyduck some, to bad it won't last. Anyway congrats to Ash for winning his 6th Gym Badge.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

AWESOME. I'd have liked to see Kabuki Koffing though. (Was he Weezing by then? I cant remember...)

FINALLY a focus on Psyduck! If the Japan reference thing is true, I'll make myself a 4Kids dartboard. lol

I liked this episode. Pokemon is awesome with ninjas in it!

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

I don't really get how Pidgeottos Whirlwind didn't work but Bulbasaur's fake whirlwind thing did. Just more hints that the writers favor Bulbasaur over Pidgeotto. An alright episode btw.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

gym battles are the best ones if you ask me, it's allways more exciting to watch since these are the important ones.

I was really impressed with Psyduck in this episode.

I never realised it could be that strong.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I liked this episode, Koga was my favorite gym leader so thats a good point ^_^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I love this episode because the traps was set up in the Fushcia Gym to prevent intruders. Doesn't it remind you when you go inside on someone else's house and there are traps there? Anyways, I found it funny when the heroes had too much of trap adventures which really humored me.

Ha, I loved Venonat, the way it ran circles around Ash & co. I also loved the boobytraps, like the glass panes and the collapsible wall. The best part was the trick room bit with Team Rocket. Awesome.

Bulbasaur was good against Aya, but I personally loved Charmander vs Golbat more. Ember was a neat move, but the battle was just too quick. Golbat fell too easily. I wish they would've had a seperate episode for it, but no matter. It was still fun to watch.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Great battles, especially the battle with Bulbasaur.

Koga was not so good gym leader. i was disappointed from him.

5/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I loved how Ash, Misty, and Brock went around looking for Fuschia City, and then the Gym itself is in a forest outside of the city :/

The Gym itself was like a fun house. I loved the ninja traps Koga set up. The battle with Aya was almost on par with a gym battle.

I wish Koga had put up a tougher fight though. 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I loved how Ash, Misty, and Brock went around looking for Fuschia City, and then the Gym itself is in a forest outside of the city :/

The Gym itself was like a fun house. I loved the ninja traps Koga set up. The battle with Aya was almost on par with a gym battle.

I wish Koga had put up a tougher fight though. 9/10
    I thought they were all going to die in that gym! Crazy. I think that he did a pretty good job considering that Ash had already battled Aya, who he thought was the gym leader.

The traps in this episode was awesome! The invisible walls made me laugh. & Aya with her ninja stars.....lol. Venonat was pretty cool. The fact that Koga's evolved as soon as it came out of it's pokeball was really amazing. A really good episode & one of my favorite gym battles. Charmander's fire spin was pretty cool, i might add

I give this episode 10/10
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

Koga is one of my favorite gym leaders, i didn't like him in this episode though, his party and his battle skills could been better.

As an episode it is not bad!, with Psyduck, team rocket and all these fun things happening it had to be good, it's just as a gym battle episode it fails :/.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

The Gym was so cool with all the twist and turns and traps in it. I also liked the battle against Aya more than the Koga one, he was kind of a pushover. Great episode though.

This was the 1st episode I ever saw! I really liked it. The gym battle was really cool, and it was great seeing Psyduck finally use its special attacks - Disable and Confusion at the time.

69/100

dude, bulbasaur vs venonat was awesome.
    i remember the first time i watched that episode, and i was like "whoa, whats that move?" when venonat used psybeam.
    psyduck showing some sthrenght was also good.
    Currently working on a new sig. Come back for it later.

dude, bulbasaur vs venonat was awesome.
    i remember the first time i watched that episode, and i was like "whoa, whats that move?" when venonat used psybeam.
    psyduck showing some sthrenght was also good.
    Currently working on a new sig. Come back for it later.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast