Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Flame Pokémon-athon! (033)

Good episode. Ponyta is awesome. I loved how it evolved right at the end. Kind of too convenient but whatever. Good story.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I enjoyed it when Ponyta evolved right near the end of the race and Dario got the smug smile knocked off his face.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Ponyta is my favorite fire Pokemon, i love the way the made this episode..
    hope to watch it back on tv someday
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This is one of the episodes that Team Rocket cheats in order to win the race with a trainer's Dodrio. I found it fair and unfair in respective ways. But I loved when Lara's Ponyta evolved into Rapidash as it has good speed. The most funny part I loved was when Team Rocket was drill=pecked!

This is one of my favorite Kanto episodes ever. Lara was such an endearing character, and Ash was so great to step up to the plate for her. The race itself was awesome... the sinking Rhyhorn, Pikachu and Squirtle in general... all very nice. It was also awesome that Ponyta evolved at the last minute to beat Darrio and win the race. I wish they'd bring back these guys, they were neat characters.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I still don't understand why Ash was bawwing at Dario using unfair methods of winning, when the only reason he himself won was because the Pokemon he was riding evolved. :/ that's even less fair to me. Of course, I do have a bias seeing how Dario is one of my favorite characters ever, but even back when I first saw the ep I was like WAIT A MINUTE >:/

Purrrrrrr.

An odd episode but I loved the ending. Ponyta evolving into Rapidash.

At least Ash managed to bond with Ponyta so it wouldn't burn him.

A solid 6/10

Great tournament.

i'm happy that Ash won, Rapidash was great.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Good episode. The idea of racing Pokemon is quite amusing. Pikachu riding on Squirtle was priceless. The fact that people in Kanto actually know about Team Rocket is refreshing after watching future episodes where people are always like "Team Rocket? Who're they?!"

8/10
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

I could have sworn I posted in this thread ages ago, hm

I loved this episode, pretty cool. Poor Lara getting injured right before the race. It was interesting it came down to Ash and what's his name?

Loved how Ponyta evolved in mid race then ran towards the finish line, and then back hooving the guy and his Dodrio lol.

I think if the Electrode guy died they wouldn't have had the race continued.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Ponyta's evolution was the best thing happened in this episode.
    The Dodrio guy(i don't remember his name)has won this last year. I always love races.

Rapidash made this race epic. Perfect timing and put that dodrio trainer in his place. Cheers for our flaming champion.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

The 2nd episode I ever saw. The race was definitely the best part, especially when Ponyta evolved and won the race. Seeing Glare attack for the 1st time was cool.

60/100

I remember laughing like crazy when Ash was burned by Ponyta's mane. ^_^

I was glad to see Ponyta evolve in time to win the race, so that the Dodrio guy would lose. =)

I didn't like the Dodrio trainer, he was a jerk.

I really enjoyed this episode. I loved the race and that the guy with the Dodrio didn't win like he did in previous years. I loved that Ponyta evolved and won the race.

Lara's voice was pretty annoying with her forced Southern accent but Brock speaking in that same accent when he fell in love with her was priceless. Well played 4Kids.

As for the episode itself, I like racing episodes in non-racing shows. All of the time. As a result, I liked this episode. Dario having AJs voice was pretty funny to me for some reason. Maybe it was the terrible attempt at an accent. My favorite entrants were Pikachu on Squirtle, Misty on Starmie, and this random dude on Electrode just because the Pokémon are so bad and random. Have to love Onix's face when it reached the water obstacle course though.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I liked this episode... a lot! The whole race was epic. It was funny when Onix couldn't get past the water and when the guy on the Electrode ended up blasting. Dario was sort of annoying but I think that was good because it sort of reminds you of that one person who you badly want to beat! The most epic part of the episode has to be after Dario's cheating when Ponyta evolves and Rapidash wins the race. ;}

xxx

This episode brings back one of the most nostalgic feelings I ever got for an Pokemon episode. The race, humor(Pikachu and Squirtle FTW) and the synopsis were such good implemented in this episode, that this is by far one of the best episodes to date in the Pokemon anime franchise.

Ash racing on Rapidash was cool, and so were Pikachu and Squirtle (they should have won), and Dario and Dodrio were funny. A great episode, brings back nostalgic feelings, 10/10. Onix was really funny.

I like this episode. I don't know why. It must be cool to ride on the back of an evolving Pokemon like Ash was.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

One of my favorite episodes, Lara was a nice southern character who I really liked. Seeing Brock talking to her with a southern accent while being in love was so cute lol. I just loved the race and seeing Misty racing on Starmie was very nice. Ash racing on Rapidash was cool too, glad he won in the end.

I love how Ash helped someone else evolve their Pokemon

It was freakin' amazing to see Misty ride on Starmie. I love seeing Starmie levitate! It moves so fast. Funny how Onix cried when they couldn't cross the lake. xD This episode always reminded me how much I really like Rapidash too.

Foreshadowing pokeracing 15 years in the making.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

This was a decent episode. The COTD Lara was a good, too bad she got hurt before she could take part in the Pokémon race. It's nice of Ash step up and take part in the Pokémon race for her. Team Rocket tried to inturupt the race, but Ponyta blasted them off. I didn't like it when that Dario guy was trying to cheat by telling his Dodrio to use Peck on Ponyta to slow it down, but I liked how his plan backfired and Ponyta evolved into Rapidash. I'm glad Ash and Rapidash won the Pokémon race.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast