Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Flame Pokémon-athon! (033)

I saw this ep a long time ago and it was great. Did anyone get the references to Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust", The Three Stooges, and The Jetsons?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Blaziken master Guest

"James stop this crazy thinnng!!!" Yep I heard 'em!

This episode is right up there on my favorite episodes list. Everything about it is cool.

The Ponyta's flame not hurting people it likes concept was cool.

When I first saw this episode, like 6 or 7 years ago, I thought Dario was a loser. Now I think he's a really cool and funny guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Cool episode, but a wee bit cheesy and unoriginal (I'm surprised it took so long to use this idea)
    What's cheesy and unoriginal about it?

The race was just awesome. There were a lot of cool things about it.

Team Rocket was heavily involved.

Rhyhorn went on the rock, and sank in the water, then Onix didn't want to go in. That was hilarious.

The TR fight scene was awesome.

Ponyta evolved at the final stretch.

Pikachu raced on Squirtle's back. Watching them was really cool.

Putting in bluntly, this episode was...good

10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Venusaur
    Rhyhorn went on the rock, and sank in the water, then Onix didn't want to go in. That was hilarious.
    Indeed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ng_Feeling.jpg

XD
    ~

LOL, I actually didn't see the episode for a while. It was even funnier than I thought. Maybe cause it's a still shot.
    Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Iwaku's expression in that frame is absolutely priceless. I also love how the guy holds his nose in the last few frames as he goes down.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

There are too few pics from this ep floating around :x Especially of Dario. I can't reiterate enough how HOT that man is. XD

*pounds all the people who hate him INTO ZEE GROUND* D:

Purrrrrrr.

the race is exelant in this....which is almost all of the show.I LOVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Batdude
    I just saw this again today (God bless you Toonami) and I too absolutely loved it. Team Rocket showed they can actually handle a situation well, what with Arbok's glare attack, which it basically never uses again, and Weezing's well-aimed sludge. The one thing I am VERY concerned about is the guy that owned the Electrode. He's on top as it tumbles down the slope, and falls into the hole with it. Then it uses explosion, and the guy is basically on top of it. Can we assume this guy is now mincemeat? I doubt he'd escape with no injuries. Ah well! He's probably used to Electrode by now.
    LOL true!
    Althought i am sure pokemon attacks don't hurt Humans as much as you think they would. I mean look how many times flamethrower has not givern Ash 3degree burns? Althought i was thinking when a voltord or Electrode uses exsplosion dose it blow itself up and kill itself or what? As sometimes u see it burnt and smiling afterwards but other times it just dispaears.

Anyways this was and 4 ever will be my fav ep EVER! i have prob seen it the most and has some of my fav pokemon in like like Onix, Turaos and Squirtle
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Could this episode be the debut of the G/S/C move Scary Face? That's what it looks like when Arbok reals back and Weezing comes from above, and they shout out "ChaaarboiK!!!!!!" "Doogoi" It's rather hard to type Weezing's.
    here's a pic:

I taped it, and watched that bit so many times, I screwed the long play head on my vcr up.
    60% of SPPF don't miss the glitches Missingno and 'M from R/B/Y/G/S/C. If you are one of those 40% who miss our pals the glitches, copy and paste this into your signature (started by MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO)

loved this epi. Ponyta was kool and laura was really hawt. I hope she gets a hose though a doubt it greatly. Anyway the plot was good and it was an all round good epi. 9/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

I was watching the dub version during the festival night before Lara breaks her arm and the background music suddenly sounded familiar. When I was little, I just thought it was some filler music but believe it or not it was the actual Pokemon Ondo, Japanese lyrics included.
    I'm surprised no one pointed that out
    It's incredible what 4kids let pass back then, simply incredible.
    edit: in fact the time when you can clearly hear the Japanese lyrics is when Dario runs over to tell Lara about the Tauros
    O_O

What's funny is that they wiped Japanese text from everything in the very same scene.
    Last edited by Heracross; 3rd August 2006 at 4:23 AM.
    ~

I really like this episode in that it introduced the concept of pokemon riding and racing. Nowadays, I imagine myself riding in a similar race on either my LV100 Rapidash (and using its bounce attack to get ahead of the competition, LOL) or my LV80 Raikou. And the race is definately ramped up to the next level, with competators on the fastest pokemon alive, including the 3 legendary dogs, Arcanine, Dodrio, Rapidash, and many others, with speeds exceeding 300 MPH and using attacks on each other while running. Totally awesome, like the IGPX!

-Steven, PMC Elite
    PMC Elite Field Researcher. 9 years pokemon experience.
    The PMC Motto:
    More to be added later on...

i think ash will win because i saw that show and it was an ok show

I just saw this episode for the first time in many years on Boomerang the other night. Great memories. I think this was one of the first episodes I saw on TV, because I had rented the videos to see the episodes I had missed. It was nice seeing Ponyta & Rapidash get some screen time, as this was pretty much the only time they received it (besides cameos). It's funny how 4Kids forgot to remove Zenigame & Metadogasu saying their names. Did anybody notice that the Nidorina that got hit by the Tauros was a Nidorino at the beginning of the race? That's one of my favorite mistakes of all time.

A Good episode. The Race was interesting.

Very good episode, it was the first episode I watched. When Ponyta evolved to Rapidash I didn't know what was happening, it was my first time seeing it happen.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Batdude View Post
    The one thing I am VERY concerned about is the guy that owned the Electrode. He\\\'s on top as it tumbles down the slope, and falls into the hole with it. Then it uses explosion, and the guy is basically on top of it. Can we assume this guy is now mincemeat? I doubt he\'d escape with no injuries. Ah well! He\'s probably used to Electrode by now.
    I also worried about this poor guy. I was thinking what happened with him. Probably he died. He didnt have any chances against explosion.

He didn't die.

It's Pokemon, the show where characters fall thousands of feet and get electrocuted and survive.

Quote Originally Posted by PAK Man View Post
    Did anybody notice that the Nidorina that got hit by the Tauros was a Nidorino at the beginning of the race? That's one of my favorite mistakes of all time.
    Yes, I did notice that. It kind of had me confused for a while until I figured out it was just a mistake.

Other than that, I thought this was a good episode. I liked the part when Ponyta evolved into Rapidash.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    He didn't die.

It's Pokemon, the show where characters fall thousands of feet and get electrocuted and survive.
    I am not sure. The explosion was really huge and some pokemon were hurt from it. That guy probably is now in heavens.

This episode is one of my favorites. The race was good.

This was one of my faves back in the day, it showcased a load of Pokémon at the same time, made Dodrio out to be far cooler than it ended up being in the game, and had one of the coolest on-screen evolutions that I can remember...

I remember TR had some "quality" jokes too...

"I got a bulls-eye!"
    "Or close to it..."

I felt so sorry for the Rhyhorn who jumped onto a stone and sank right into the lake... I know it wouldn't have killed it, but I'm sure it comes close...

Another very good episode.I remember the first time when i watched it,oh this brings back memories.Anyway the race was fantastic,and it was interesting till the end to see who will win between Ash and Dario.Ponytas evolution in Rapidash was amasing and i love how this changed the outcome of the race,making this episode even better and Ash completely fair won.Also the battle against ream rocket was very entertaining,and seeing how they loose as usual.

i can't remember seeing this episode, did i missed that one maybe?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast