Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Dratini! (035)

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Tom and Jerry was MGM.

However, Elmer Fud would be nothing with out his gun.

It was purely 4Kids being wusses.
    No, it was the censors that did not allow this episode to air. The episode HAS been dubbed according to Racheal Lillis in an interview, but the censors simply would not allow it to air. :\

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    No, it was the censors that did not allow this episode to air. The episode HAS been dubbed according to Racheal Lillis in an interview, but the censors simply would not allow it to air. :\
    Really? I suppose that means *somewhere*, The Legend of Dratini is sitting, dubbed, on video in 4Kids HQ. Mark my words, one of these days somebody is going to go beserk and try to steal it. XD "Look, look! I have the Banned Dratini Episode!" *is shot by security guards*

Why didn't they release it as a "lost episdoe" like "Beauty and the Beach" after the dust settled?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Why didn't they release it as a "lost episdoe" like "Beauty and the Beach" after the dust settled?
    Because with episode 18, they made a BIG cut whereas I would assume they left in all the guns for Legend of Miniryuu. There's no way they could have pulled it off without the guns.

Tom and Jerry was MGM.
    Yeah, but technically, Warner owns all the MGM cartoons.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

No, that's an insult to the be working on Tom and Jerry. They were supposed to be the anti-Warner Brother's cartoon. There was one big furball when both released cartoons that seemed to be the same thing.

Anyway, I seriously think they could have released after the dust had settled by 2000. Their had already been heavy weapons fired in the anime, I don't see why pea-shooters that don't even hit anything would be banned? You'd think at least Cartton Network would have released it.

Oh well, another reason why I want to find the orginal Japanese first season. (They did it for Sailor Moon, why not Pokemon?)

No, that's an insult to the be working on Tom and Jerry. They were supposed to be the anti-Warner Brother's cartoon. There was one big furball when both released cartoons that seemed to be the same thing.
    I'm not saying I condone it (I think MGM deserves to get their cartoons back), I'm just saying that's probably why he thought Tom and Jerry were Warner creations.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts

Anyway, I seriously think they could have released after the dust had settled by 2000. Their had already been heavy weapons fired in the anime, I don't see why pea-shooters that don't even hit anything would be banned? You'd think at least Cartton Network would have released it.
    My friend, these were definately NOT pea-shooters we're talking about. o_O; We're talking realistic, pretty basic, modern ol' handguns with actual bullets set to kill. It's the pure fact that he endangered the kids' lives just for being so trigger happy and going off on anyone for anything. The moment Satoshi went to grab his Safari Balls and fishing net, the warden pulled his gun right in front of Satoshi's face again.

As for CN, they don't own the rights to Pokémon. KidsWB does. And even then, they can't air anything KWB hasn't aired. Plus since KWB grabbed Pocket Monsters back again, they no longer just have a hold on Pocket Monsters AG's dub.

And we've seen Team Rocket RPGs that actually fire explosives (remember the giant dragonite) along with ice rockets.

The warden had 38 six shooters. Ash had a semi-auto pulled on him along with a couple rifles and a shot gun. Until these point, guns were in the anime. Gun being fired were in the anime.

TR's rocket launchers are a lot different than a revolver. How many people do you know that have access to a bazooka? Yet many people keep handguns in their home, so they couldn't take a chance in negatively influencing children by showing a handgun being fired (however rediculous it sounds). Also they did edit TR's rocket launchers out of "The Poké-Spokesperson", so they're not entirely exempt from scrutiny.
    Last edited by Heracross; 8th January 2005 at 5:19 PM.
    ~

Jin Kazama Guest

Lightbulb

Lucky the one that lives out of France, if you all want to know, in France, we can't watch recent pokemon episodes. We can watch only the one that took place in Kanto, nothing about Johto or Hoen. Fortunately; we can follow pokemon news on the net. Fortunately, I have american and english channels XD!! I can watch all the pokemon episodes in ENGLISH!!! ^^

Shiny May Guest

I've just seen the ep and it's a hilarious one. Team Rocket is really cool in this one and Dragonair and Dratini look really cute together. Also nice to see the Warden change all of a sudden. Really a fantastic ep, too bad it's banned !!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny May
    I've just seen the ep and it's a hilarious one. Team Rocket is really cool in this one and Dragonair and Dratini look really cute together. Also nice to see the Warden change all of a sudden. Really a fantastic ep, too bad it's banned !!
    how have you just seen this ep it was banneed?

OK, since Columbine is over with, shouldn't this episode have aired if they ever intended to?
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Nah, it's way too late now. Ash has been in Hoenn for two years - they won't backtrack to Kanto just for one episode. It's like ABC and the lost episode of "Whose Line Is It Anyway" that they refused to air (because Wayne Brady wasn't in it).

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    OK, since Columbine is over with, shouldn't this episode have aired if they ever intended to?
    I don't think 4kids would bother going back and dubbing an episode from 8 years ago. There's no point.

Someone said taht the episode WAS dubbed, but wasn't shown after Columbine. Kinda like the recent Barboach episode in Japan. Besides, it could be the centerpiece of an oldies marathon... (I realise that won't happen in the UK, though) And wasn't a Simpsons episode briefly held back after Columbine?
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Trendy_boy87 Guest

whyn dont they just show the jap version with english subtitles like the one on the net

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy_boy87
    whyn dont they just show the jap version with english subtitles like the one on the net
    Because 4kids doesn't have Japanese pokemon episodes of the regular episodes with subtitles, so why would they do it for a banned episode?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    And wasn't a Simpsons episode briefly held back after Columbine?
    Not to my knowledge. You're probably thinking of "The City of New York Vs. Homer Simpson", which was temporarily withheld from syndication in some areas after the attacks on the World Trade Center (the episode deals with Homer's car being illegally parked on the sidewalk between the Twin Towers).

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy_boy87
    Because 4Kids doesn't sub any of their series'. And the reason it hasn't aired at all is because censorship won't allow it to air. There'd be too much to attempt editing to air it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    [SIZE=1]The moment Satoshi went to grab his Safari Balls and fishing net, the warden pulled his gun right in front of Satoshi's face again.[SIZE]
    That reminds of family guy when Peter doesn't want to go to joe's to cheer him up and the angel on his shoulder threatens him to go or to be shot in the head. On topic Sharpshooter, where did you get this episode? PM if you want.
    Want to make games?

Join Zelda Classic! Say that I directed you there
    http://www.zeldaclassic.com/

I realy wanted to see this ep

Can someone give me the email address for 4Kids head office? cos in english we where writing fake complaints and i want to complain about legend of dratini and the ice cave
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Well, this is it...this was the last of Season 1's banned episodes that I hadn't seen. And it's true what they say - all the banned episodes were classics.

First of all, the Game Warden was a great character. I realize my characterization of him in my script for "A Flockwork Orange" was actually a little off - he's not totally nuts, since he still has a soft spot for his childhood Miniryuu friend. But on top of that, he's dirty - I thought the "Musashi-as-ganguro" scene was hilarious. In fact, that whole interrogation scene was hilarious, from Musashi and Kojiru trying to break the warden's will by playing "Nyasu's Party" to that tickling machine, whatever it was. They don't write 'em like this anymore...

And in the matter of the rest of the episode, at least I can finally see firsthand how Ash got all his Tauros. I'm still wondering what happened to Takeshi's Kentaros, though - I assume he gave it to Satoshi when he realized he'd got a little collection going. Furthermore, this episode features what has to be, hands down, THE funniest performance of the Rocket-Dan motto in the entire eight years of the show. Dodging the bullets was funny enough, but Kojiru's parachute not opening until they hit the ground was the icing on the cake.

It got pretty dramatic towards the end, but it concluded in a sweet way. Seeing this episode was a real benefit for me - not only can I truly put all those Tauros in the proper context (all 30 of them stampeding Ookido-Hakase at the end was golden), but I further comprehend why Jessie was so desperate for a Dratini in "Ditto's Mysterious Mansion".

Now all that's left is "The Cave of Ice"...

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts

This episode didn't deserve to be banned. Other episodes had guns. If they were used, that's a different story.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast