Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Dratini! (035)

Aww such a shame this episode was banned.
    A Dratini/Dragonair episode would've had really high ratings.
    I've always wondered why they never seemed to appear.
    Grrr 4Kids!!

But luckily I managed to get this episode in Japanese.... Yay me!

I could hear my heart beating when Ash drowned.... such a sad scene! :[
    I was like... NOOO!! ASH DON'T DIE!!! WE STILL HAVE TO umm nvm.
    Last edited by Legerdemain; 8th April 2009 at 2:42 PM.

Yaaaay my first sig! x3

Still. Hating. High school.
    Still. No. DS.

</3
    RAWR

You know, I can sort of see why this episode was banned, you know with Kaiser pointing a gun at Ash, but..

There were several early episodes, such as the episode where ash got squirtle, where several guns were pointed straight at him, and they weren't banned or altered in any way. Then I hear another possible reason was that Jessie tried to seduce Kaiser while wearing a short Skirt. but she's supposed to be in her 20's way above legal age in both the US and Japan.

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

Nice to see Dratini and Dragonair, and the Safari Zone being featured.

Luckily this episode isn't banned in my country.

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Spoiler:- Credit:

Mmm, great episode. too bad it didn't show in 4Kids.

And the man with the gun was strange....

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I've seen the fandub and it was pretty great. There's also a rumor that 4Kids did dub it but it didn't air. I finally saw the original version and it was pretty violent. Guns, Hitler mustaches, and bombs all in one small package. Liked that we saw how Ash obtained his 30 Tauros. Brock should have kept the one he caught though, it would've been cool to see him with one haha. Loved the ending with Dragonair saving Ash, since I remembered seeing that scene in one of the PokeRap segments during the Kanto episodes. Overall, 8/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 24th October 2010 at 2:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    There's a rumor that 4Kids did dub it but it didn't air. I finally saw the original version and it was pretty violent. Guns, Hitler mustaches, and bombs all in one small package.

Liked that we saw how Ash obtained his 30 Tauros. Brock should have hept the one he caught ;_;

Loved the ending with Dragonair saving Ash. 9/10
    I can see why it was banned, but I still wish that it would have aired in the states. Jessie, James, and Meowth were way too violent in this episode. The warden too lol.

I don't think it should have been that banned, there have been way worse on kids shows.

From what I saw the pictures on the site I would have found these episodes really interesting. Pity Ash didn't catch that Rhyhorn he was looking at as well, would have been interesting. I do agree TR looked a bit more violent in this episode (Gasp, maybe that's why they been toned down to comic relief nowadays)
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Yay I like guns and it was stupid that they banned the episode. People are so wimpy these days. Remember Looney Toons when Elmer Fudd would always shoot his shotgun, well no one had a problem with that. Pokemon deserves better. Anyways I thought it was really funny how Tauros would always jump in way of the pokeballs.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I've seen this episode in July 2008, I didn't know about its existence before, because of the ban. It was hard to find a Dutch, English or German (languages I speak) episode, I found only Japanese episodes on the Internet before.

I'm sure it would be a very popular episode if it would've been aired. But the censoring was deserved.

But most children's programs nowadays are way more violent, and I am certain they were violent in the nineties too.

As a little kid, I always wondered why Kanto Pok&#233;mon Dragonair has never appeared before Jotho (Clair), and how Ash got his Tauros. I didn't know this episode existed.

Milotic

I've allways been annoyed that they banned 'The Legend Of Dratini'

I've seen the Japanese version about 3 or 4 times and think its a awesome episode, the dub should be put on like a dvd with the banned episode dubs (except the porygon ep)

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I've seen the fandub and it was pretty great. There's also a rumor that 4Kids did dub it but it didn't air. I finally saw the original version and it was pretty violent. Guns, Hitler mustaches, and bombs all in one small package. Liked that we saw how Ash obtained his 30 Tauros. Brock should have kept the one he caught though, it would've been cool to see him with one haha. Loved the ending with Dragonair saving Ash, since I remembered seeing that scene in one of the PokeRap segments during the Kanto episodes. Overall, 8/10.
    Brock caught it with Ash's safari ball, so the one he caught belongs to Ash

Fortunately I was able to see this whole episode. I liked it since Ash caught 30 Tauros, and both Dratini and Dragonair were both in this episode. Too bad Ash couldn't get Rhyhorn :-(. The Warden was crazy! Ash almost drowning was scary for me...

60/100

Even if it was the PUSA dub, and the fact that Maddie Blaustein is dead, I still would really love to see a dub version of this episode
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I loved the Safari Zone Warden, he was so funny.

I'll admit that it was a little startling to see the guns being pointed at Ash and the warden. The only guns I expect to see in Pokemon are the ones Team Rocket use to shoot Pokemon-catching nets out of. Still, I don't see what the bug deal about guns in this episode was. It wasn't nearly as violent as in many other shows. I mean, nobody was actually shot at.

It was nice to see Dratini. It's so cute. ^____^

So THIS is where he got his 30 Tauros from, and the Dragonair scene in the Pokérap on the DVDs.

Found the episode. Pretty nice.
    Still have to wonder why they didn't just turn the gun into a jelly-filled donut or something? (It was 4Kids, after all)

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    Still have to wonder why they didn't just turn the gun into a jelly-filled donut or something?
    lol

anyways, i saw it yesterday with english subtitles. Good episode, nice to see Dratini and Dragonair in an episode for once. Too bad it got banned tho ...

Meowth's japanese voice sounds awful btw :/

i did saw it in Japanese, i just dont get it...TR always use guns/Bazookas/tanks when they try to catch Pikachu, So why ban this? its only for like a fiew seconds...Im sad that it wasnt aired...I would love to see Dratini/Dragonair in the anime, and Ashs 30 Tauros :3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I was wondering why I couldn't recognise this episode... it's banned. I think it was probably a bit of an unnecessary ban to be honest. I did see a part of it in it's Japanese version but I couldn't really get into it, especially seeing as I'm on episode 60 something at the moment. All I can say is I quite liked seeing Dratini and Dragonaire being shown.

xxx

Ash caught a bunch of Tauros for no specific reason, my gosh. Anyway Dratini is so pretty, I like how Misty was worried about Ash... he almost died until Dratini saved him. The way they both raised to the surface looked beautiful.
    Last edited by Blessed; 3rd September 2012 at 3:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLaR-ScEpTiLe View Post
    i did saw it in Japanese, i just dont get it...TR always use guns/Bazookas/tanks when they try to catch Pikachu, So why ban this? its only for like a fiew seconds...Im sad that it wasnt aired...I would love to see Dratini/Dragonair in the anime, and Ashs 30 Tauros :3
    Go to Why This Episode was Banned.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Man, did I laughed when Team Rocket did their motto while being under fire. This episode itself was pretty much vitally important for the continuity in the series. I remember a lot of people that I grew up with were really confused when Ash suddenly had thirty Tauros.

Ash catching 30 Tauros made me lol

Wow. Team Rocket is really dangerous. I would never want to me wrapped by Arbok. D: But, it was funny seeing Jessie flirt with the old man. Dragonair is so elegant like. Which is why it's my favorite Dragon Pokemon. Misty called Staryu Starmie. (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by 7threst View Post
    Man, did I laughed when Team Rocket did their motto while being under fire. This episode itself was pretty much vitally important for the continuity in the series. I remember a lot of people that I grew up with were really confused when Ash suddenly had thirty Tauros.
    I always assumed that I missed an episode. (I had to do homework when the show was on.)

As it turns out I did miss an episode, but not because of homework.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I loved this episode as well.

Its a good thing now that I know where Ash got his Tauros from.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast