Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Dratini! (035)

Having the episode banned 'cause of guns doesn't make it such a big deal to me. But still, this episode was great! It was nice to see Dragonair in this episode, though!

i would like to see this episode, i cant believe it was banned for such a sad reason

Wasnt that banned because of a gun wow who cares about a stupid gun

Not just the gun. But because the Warden stuck the gun in Ash's face. And IIRC TR might have stuck one in the Warden's face as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Venusaur
    Wasnt that banned because of a gun wow who cares about a stupid gun
    Maybe because he fired at Ash and friends? There have been guns in Pokemon before and 4kids left it alone. If the Warden didn't fire at them it wouldn't have been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Maybe because he fired at Ash and friends? There have been guns in Pokemon before and 4kids left it alone. If the Warden didn't fire at them it wouldn't have been banned.
    You know what's funny? They ban an episode with guns firing, but they keep episodes with Rocket-Dan firing bazookas and bombs at Satoshi-tachi. =/
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

That's because kids see guns and guns are far more easily obtainable in the real world than a giant bazooka.

It was too realistic, and if that episode was aired you'd have tons of parents complaining and the episode would be removed anyway, as that was during the "fad stage" of Pokemon where it was the most controversal.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi
    You know what's funny? They ban an episode with guns firing, but they keep episodes with Rocket-Dan firing bazookas and bombs at Satoshi-tachi. =/
    Team Rocket uses "blaster balls" as opposed to bombs.

I can't rate this episode since I didn't see it. Before I ever knew about banned episodes and such, I was extremely confused about Ash's many Tauros, and why I never really got to see the Safari Zone. I felt like I was totally out of the loop.

This ep. sounds really interesting.
    Yeah!

On Answers.com, they said that in The Legend of Dratini (Unaired), Brock captured one Tauros it Pokemon: Legend of Dratini, but he never uses it during the entire TV series.
    I was just wondering if that's true or not.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Can someone please not double post!?

Anyways, it was answered before, on this very same page. Brock probably gave the Tauros to Ash when he noticed he had a collection going for him.

All the Safari balls belonged to Satoshi. He bought them, and he entered the Safari Zone challenge. Takeshi was simply helping Satoshi catch one of the Kentauros.
    ~

i love this episode.ash plays the hero.i think its realy kool.

Another banned episode...
    I didn't know Ash catched his Tauros in this episode.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    All the Safari balls belonged to Satoshi. He bought them, and he entered the Safari Zone challenge. Takeshi was simply helping Satoshi catch one of the Kentauros.
    Actually I've seen this episode, when Ash, Brock and Misty entered the Safari Zone, each one of them had a serparate box of balls and a rod. So, that was brock's tauros, he just never used it again.

P. S. a subtitled version of this episode is availible to view at youtube.com

The only time we see Takeshi and Kasumi with their own gear is in the shot of them entering through the main gate. This was simply a mistake, as Kaiza-san only gives them one set and that's the only one that is shown for the rest of the episode.
    ~

I can understand why this episode got banned. The guns are EVERYWHERE!

It's a great episode though. It's fun seeing Ash catching those Tauros by mistakes all the time xD Didn't know they were SO easy to catch! :P
    My Shinies:

Currently hunting:

I just watched this episode on you tube, and I did not like it at all!
    It was horrible!

Okay now...

First off, it feels super weird to see this episode. For the most part, I have been dying to see this for over seven years (as many of you have as well). After all of the plotting, speculating, and dreaming about it (twice) I finally see it. But of course another thing that was weird was that I'm used to seeing a bunch of Advanced Generation episodes, it felt weird seeing this very retro episode.

Well onto the episode itself, it was pretty cool. I only say that because I got to see Dratini and Dragonair and they are two of the coolest dragon pokemon. Even though, we only see Dragonair for a tiny bit (in my opinion) it was worth it. And of course, the warden kinda scared me and the scene with him and Jessie just added to my fears...Who would...never mind!

Well, tis all I'm going to say for now...

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

I have watched a dub version on youtube,and it was quite good.

I saw a subbed version a few months ago. I saw a great fandub last night, it was done by 4Fans. Ash sounded perfect to his old Kanto voice. The others were all good except Oak. The narrator is also completely different, but that is an exception. The episode was called Safari, So Good! instead. It was done the way 4Kids wouldv'e done it, as they took some parts out, like some gun scenes, they said the guns were empty, and they completely took out Jessie's flirt scene.
    Last edited by XD375; 26th July 2006 at 11:11 PM.
    I have nothing to put here right now.

I recently saw this and no wonder it was banned. The guy put a gun to Ash's head! Also there was a bomb later on. Still this episode, despite being banned, is one of my favorites.

- The ranger's "do you want to get shot line was a classic"

- TR's tickle machine was hysterical. Originality we don't see anymore

- Dratini lake was just awesome, Ash risking everything to dive into the lake to get the bomb and the final rescue by Dragonair.

Quote Originally Posted by XD375
    I saw a subbed version a few months ago. I saw a great fandub last night, it was done by 4Fans. Ash sounded perfect to his old Kanto voice. The others were all good except Oak. The narrator is also completely different, but that is an exception. The episode was called Safari, So Good! instead. It was done the way 4Kids wouldv'e done it, as they took some parts out, like some gun scenes, they said the guns were empty, and they completely took out Jessie's flirt scene.
    I saw that too. Maybe Oak had a politoad in his throat. As for the narator, I wouldn't have a clue. I also thought the title could have been read better at the start.
    60% of SPPF don't miss the glitches Missingno and 'M from R/B/Y/G/S/C. If you are one of those 40% who miss our pals the glitches, copy and paste this into your signature (started by MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO)

Say, could you PM me the link to that fandub? I'd like to see that.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

I saw all of the japanise version of this episode on youtube and it ruled!

I just watched this episode a couple of days ago, and really, its nothing special. Just you're typical Kanto Episode that the current series could seriously learn from.
    X
    ~Danny~

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast