Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sparks Fly For Magnemite! (030)

Default Sparks Fly For Magnemite! (030)

Sparks Fly For Magnemite!

When Pikachu gets ill, Ash & Co take it to a Pokémon Center to find out there is no power coming from the Power Plant. They go to investigate to find a hundreds of Grimer led by a Muk stopping electricity being generated...and to make matter worse, Pikachu is being stalked!

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Nothing to say?

C'mon, Ash gets one of his most loveable Pokemon in this eppie.

I did wonder why Ash just tried to capture Muk, maybe he wanted one. I mean he doesnt just capture any Pokemon unless its one he wants or has become attracted too.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

It would have been great if Magnemite clamped down and Pikachu's face and started sucking every volt out of him.

Gringy City reminded me of many of the factory town along the great lakes when it was real bad. (I mean a river caught on fire from pollution bad.)

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

You mean Cleveland? XP You know, this episode was really good. Nice original plot, cool pokémon, really excellent music (don't hear that any more in the dub =P). This period in Kanto produced some of the best episodes of all time, and this one is still one of my favorites. Ash catching Muk was a great solution to the problem, as well as a plain good idea on the writers parts (have Satoshi catch more freaking pokémon in AG darn you ><). I really liked the part when all the Magnemite/ton come down through the air vents and shock all the Grimer and drive then away. It was a pretty cool moment to begin with and it doesn't hurt that the BGM playing at that point is some of the best ever in the show.
    ~

It's episodes like these that are why Kanto is the best season of Pokemon. Not even AG can hold a candle to episodes like this.

Ash (holding his nose): The smell comes through the Poke' Ball.
    -and-
    Oak: I wonder what Pokemon ASh sent me this type.
    (Poke' Ball appears and opens revealing Muk.)
    Muk: Mu-Mu-Mu-Muk
    Oak: Ew, what the idea of sending me a Muk, yuck.
    Muk: Mu-uh-uk

You just don't get scenes like this in Ag or in Johto.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

ASH: Magnemite's following Pikachu like some kind of streaker...
    BROCK: Ash, you mean a stalker!

Best lines in all of Season 1.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Suprised no one mentioned the dub goof up:

Misty: Grimer's Granpa?
    Ash: It's a Muk! And its only child!

This was abit weird since they made it out to sound like there were two Muk. o_O;

But this episode was rather nicely done. I didn't mind him capturing Muk in the end since it solved a big problem, plus Muk helped in the Pokémon Leagues. I wonder why Muk's stench doesn't really bother anyone anymore until it uses its body to attack? o_o; You never hear anyone complaining about the smell whenever they walk in the lab. Not even when Muk jumps on Kenji and Oak. XD

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    You mean Cleveland? XP You know, this episode was really good. Nice original plot, cool pokémon, really excellent music (don't hear that any more in the dub =P). This period in Kanto produced some of the best episodes of all time, and this one is still one of my favorites. Ash catching Muk was a great solution to the problem, as well as a plain good idea on the writers parts (have Satoshi catch more freaking pokémon in AG darn you ><). I really liked the part when all the Magnemite/ton come down through the air vents and shock all the Grimer and drive then away. It was a pretty cool moment to begin with and it doesn't hurt that the BGM playing at that point is some of the best ever in the show.
    Now this is the bit I truely agree with. I loved the music in the first season and wished that the dub people released a sound track of them. But they never did.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II

Too true. That was the best thing in the whole episode!
    I find it odd how Muk turned all friendly when it was captured, when it wanted to pulverize them before o.o;;. Pikachu's "streaker" was an interesting touch to the episode, as was Pikachu's flu. However, this was another one of those subtle capture episodes, IMO. And a little early, too, since Misty just caught Psyduck three episodes ago, and Brock just got Vulpix, too. IMO, they should've given us more adjusting time between captures.

Overall rating:
    5.9 out of 10!
    Hardly worthy of a capture episode. The comedy was really about the only redeeming aspect of this episode. I liked the Gulpin spin-off much more.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

I thought it was great that they cought a lot of pokémon in a short time. You sure as hell don't see that kind of thing in Hoenn.:P It kept things interesting. Not to mention, Satoshi capturing Betabaton wasn't the main focus of the episode, it was just thrown in there to make it interesting, which worked very well in my opinion.
    Last edited by Heracross; 25th February 2005 at 10:14 PM.

I wish Muk appeared a wee bit more, maybe it's because he didn't have a whole episode devoted to his capture. So they consider him an inferior Ash capture.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Misty: Grimer's Granpa?
    Ash: It's a Muk! And its only child!

This was abit weird since they made it out to sound like there were two Muk. o_O;
    Are you talking about after the Magnemite/Magneton help to clear out all the Grimer and Muk is left in the control room someone says something to the effect of, "It's an adult Muk and it's child!"? Yeah, it doesn't make much sense.

Does anyone know what the lines actually were just before Ash captured Muk? I saw this ep about half an hour ago, and it gave me ANOTHER thing to post in the Pokéball thread.

This episode rocked because the capture was so spur-of-the-moment. As has been said already, you don't get that kind of thing nowadays. Now whenever Ash is gonna capture a Pokémon it's in the friggin' episode title and takes up the whole episode. Then again, I guess it's to develop the 'personality'.

Monster Guest

This was one of the weirdest episodes during the whole Kanto Saga. It was weird when Magnemite kept stalking Pikachu. Ash catching Muk was a bit of a surprise, but I like Muk so I'm not dissapointed.

Gahh, this is one of my least favorite episodes of season one. Although Ash thinking magnemite was a "streaker" is always a riot, the rest of the episode is depressing and dark and disgusting. At least it would have been a saving grace if Muk had gone after Professor Oak the first time they met, but nope, they saved that for later. Too bad, I like that running gag.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by Batdude
    Are you talking about after the Magnemite/Magneton help to clear out all the Grimer and Muk is left in the control room someone says something to the effect of, "It's an adult Muk and it's child!"? Yeah, it doesn't make much sense.

Does anyone know what the lines actually were just before Ash captured Muk? I saw this ep about half an hour ago, and it gave me ANOTHER thing to post in the Pokéball thread.
    I think in Japan they frequently show the same scene twice, like the last event before the commercial break is repeated again after coming back from commercial. I know they did that a few times in the very early days of Pokemon, but I can't remember a scene offhand. I think they just showed the same Muk coming forward at two different angles, and the dubbers mistook it for two different Muks. There was only the one Muk and many grimers.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

hehehe i love the way the muk still smells when its in the ball hehehe

I do lke the way that they had Pikachu get dissed from magnemite. This was a really good episode.

Ho-oh egg made by forretress master

The awesome Skarom made by Dark_Lugia!
    *If you want SG-1 to carry on for an 11th series add this to your signiture* Started by: MechaBulba.-I want it to, but unless the CW or something picks it up then it won't-.

This episode was fantastic. Ash's capture of Muk was just plain cool and unexpected. The best was how Muk stunk inside its pokeball. And Oak's reaction when he recieved it. Ah, the good old classics.

For some reason I also like this episode also. I don't think I did when I saw it on my local UPN, but now I do. I would also like this one if Ash caught Muk in this one, for some reason I like him too.
    Sliver Version Typhlosion Revamp done by Shelldude1

TC Created by BLAZEQUAZA

I wonder why Pikachu was so sick to use its electric attacks. If it had too much electricity in it, it should of used it up earlier.

Great episode. But the only problem is that Ash said that Pikachu is the only pokemon who can battle the Grimer. Why's that?

Muk was kool. I didnt think ash would catch him as the name mentioned Magnamite and not Muk or Grimer. 8/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II View Post

Yeah,that has to be one of the best lines of season 1. I wonder if we will ever hear a line like that again?
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-Jesus

Please help save the unborn! http://www.priestsforlife.org/

A Good episode. I'm surprise Ash got a Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash's Pika Pal View Post
    Yeah,that has to be one of the best lines of season 1. I wonder if we will ever hear a line like that again?
    i hope so...anyways so looks like Magnemite got a thing for pikachu Eh lol...overall i though at frist "Ugh he caught a muk o joy" then when i saw how funny it is with its Bayleef like love for ash i really started to like muk...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast