Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Electric Soldier Porygon! (038)

I haven't seen this episode, but I have seen the infamous scene. I understand why the animators used so many flashing lights; it was a cheap, yet intense, effect. Unfortunately, it was a bit too intense.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Shame really, it's a great episode. Also lead to the entire Porygon evolution line never appearing in the anime again, even though it was Pikachu that caused the explosion.
    WHITE 2 FC - Mega - 1679 1590 2270

Porygon should had never been taken out of the anime, it should had been brought back since Pikachu was the blame for the intense light effect.

And I never got a chance to see this episode. Damn you Pikachu!

My ideal battle ever!

because of this episode Porygon has never appeared in the anime again

Just watched this (in)famous and historical episode a while ago and I thought this episode's plot was pretty good. The whole concept of Porygon and digital world was quite unique....however the scene where pikachu destroyed those missiles with thunderbolt was way too flashy, which gave many people seizures and this episode got banned worldwide! Not just the missile scene,there were plenty of other scenes where the bright flashes were used and they were almost as intense as the missile scene. I have to admit.... Watching the scenes with those red and blue flashes and bright lights gave me headache. This episode caused Porygon and Porygon2 to get banned from the anime, which is sad.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 21st September 2013 at 1:16 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Newpokemontrainer View Post
    Just watched this (in)famous and historical episode a while ago and I thought this episode's plot was pretty good. The whole concept of Porygon and digital world was quite unique....however the scene where pikachu destroyed those missiles with thunderbolt was way too flashy, which gave many people seizures and this episode got banned worldwide! Not just the missile scene,there were penlty of other scenes where the bright flashes were used and they were almost as intense as the missile scene .I have to admit.... Watching the scenes with those red and blue flashes and bright lights gave me headache. This episode caused Porygon and Porygon2 to get banned from the anime, which is sad.
    Don't forget about Porygon Z. It was a poor choice of scenes unfortunately... Oh well, at least the anime is still going on.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

I watched this episode again and I noticed things that I hadn't noticed before, like the sheer amount of red/blue flashes that occurred throughout this episode; I mean I knew that the scene where Pikachu attacked the vaccine near the end of the episode was the main source of all the seizures and what not, but there were so many times before that point where similar flashes of color were shown and my eyes actually hurt the first time it happened. The episode was great though, especially since the main enemy was the vaccine that Nurse Joy had requested. And I realized something else that I had missed before; Team Rocket were only keeping Poke Balls that contained rare Pokemon. At first I thought they were keeping them all, until I noticed that Ninetales got switched with Magikarp meaning that Team Rocket was being selective about which Pokemon they stole. Kind of interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Don't forget about Porygon Z. It was a poor choice of scenes unfortunately... Oh well, at least the anime is still going on.
    Yeah, Porygon Z got banned from the anime too.

And yes, they were a poor choice of scenes. The scenes with bright red and blue flashes were animated using an animation process "Paka Paka", which made the scenes extremely intense......so intense that it gave many people seizures. Maybe that's why the lights were dimed down wheneven Pikachu used Thundershock/Thunderbolt in the other episodes.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Rylis7: I haven't seen this one but I did read the synopsis of it here on Serebii. Wish there was a way for them to change the episode so that it could be aired here in the US. Just curious, anyone ever have a Porygon (or either of its evolutions) on their battle team? I've thought about it, but haven't done it yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the incident lead to every anime having that message in the start "Watch your anime in a brightly lit room and stand back from the TV screen" Or something? Or maybe it was just pocket monsters, I don't remember. Still, it left a scar pokemon fans, the animators and the anime industry will never forget. Also, there is a news report from japan on youtube. Pokemon shokku. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIZ9U077vK8
    *EDIT* I found some a raw of the episode, but the ending has a few minutes of a woman talking about the incident? and also showing fan arts about asking not to end the show, showing the red and blue panels and also saying to stand back from the screen while watching anime. Interesting.
    Last edited by jason0597; 17th October 2014 at 3:00 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789