Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Soldier Porygon! (038)

Wait, will we ever see Porygon again?
    I'M DOING IT SO I CAN QUIT YOU EVIL SEREBII!
    BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME!

Talking Porygon!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Wish
    Wait, will we ever see Porygon again?
    i doubt that very much!!!!!! but i would like to hear his dub voice!!!!!!!!!

Tomas Guest

i really want to see this episode, or atleast porygon.

Talking

this ep lead to proygon never being a "who's that pokemon" and porygon was never on the "poke rap" and porygon2 was not a "who's that pokemon"!

Actually Porygon DID have a WTP. Although I cannot remember for the life of me which episode it was in. The voice was not the same as the Japanese version and it sounded like a digital voice that said "Porygon."

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Actually Porygon DID have a WTP. Although I cannot remember for the life of me which episode it was in. The voice was not the same as the Japanese version and it sounded like a digital voice that said "Porygon."
    oh! i don't remember that and i have seen every kanto and johto eps. i want to see this ep so badly. it was only showed once has any one atualy seen this ep. (because some peopke live japan or might have seen it on holiday to japan)
    Last edited by Torkoal Stu; 31st December 2004 at 10:04 AM.

I think the Porygon WTP was sometime in the Orange Islands - late Season 2 or early Season 3.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Here's a picture of it:

[img135]http://www.tenzor.cz/jolteon/images/pokemoni/porygon01.jpg[/img135]
    ~

They also had a dub voice becuase it said "Porygon" not "Polygon".

Now I understand banning this episode due to the fact it's a health hazard. However, I don't see why they couldn't have an episode with Porygon(2). As long as they don't have that blasted strobe effect, it wouldn't be a problem. (I hope the moron who came up with that effect was sacked. They have forever blacklisted two of the best Pokemon ever.)

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

It wasn't the first time the strobe light effect was used, most viewers will recall that some of the earlier episodes used it to a certain extent. Pikachu's Thundershock during "Showdown in Pewter City" was certainly bright. It was just after that they used different techniques to display electric attacks.

If they're holding Porygon2 back because of what happen in this episode, it's fair to say they're stupid.

They also had some wacky strobe effects in the orginal Star Trek series. Like when they destroyed the planet killer in "The Doom's Day Machine".

I guess they somehow hit the spot for causing seizures. Also, another to consider is the numbers of people watching. If you have millions watching there is a possibility that several hundred are suspectable to the strobe effect. I know that all strobe light boxes warn that the strobe effect can cause siezures.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Well, it wasn't just the flashing lights, but also the combination of blue and red that contributed to causing all the seizures. Since blue and red are at opposite ends of the spectrum, flashing them so quickly like that basically overloads the brain.O_o
    ~

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Here's a picture of it:

[img135]http://www.tenzor.cz/jolteon/images/pokemoni/porygon01.jpg[/img135]
    that is random, how did you get a pic of just a who that pokemon.

I don't quite understand your question. If you mean why did I post it, it's because there was a conversation earlier about Porygon having a WTP appearance. If you mean how did I get that image, I know a good site that has stuff like that.
    ~

Talking

I don't quite understand your question. If you mean why did I post it, it's because there was a conversation earlier about Porygon having a WTP appearance. If you mean how did I get that image, I know a good site that has stuff like that.
    i know there was if you check who started it. you will find that it was me and i did mean how did you get the image. but anyway it must be a cool site.

ShadowSneasal Guest

I also heard that Rachel Lillis(Voice of Misty,Jessie,etc.) vowed she would never dub the episode. Wierd. It was in one of those anime magazines.

Yeah well, it's not like she could dub it even if she wanted to.XP
    ~

Talking

Yeah well, it's not like she could dub it even if she wanted to.XP
    very true so know one has a choice in the matter! has anyone seen this ep or part of it?

Yeah, I've seen it, and it's a pretty good episode actually. It was really original and imaginative. It's such a shame three of the four banned episodes came from Kanto because those were truly the best of the series. If they just banned a couple random Hoen episodes I honestly wouldn't care. =P
    ~

Can I just say that this episode is hilarious?

Honestly, with all the down-to-earth plots we've had in the Hoenn region, seeing something as outré bizarre as this episode is a nice breath of weird air. First off, Akihibara-Hakase is one of the funniest one-shots in the first season (you gotta love the voice acting, for one). And for an early episode, this one is very well animated, especially the sequence where Satoshi, Takeshi, Pikachu, and Kasumi are beamed into the computer - I thought Kasumi banging on the side of the transport tube begging to be let out as the beam slowly absorbs her was a nice horror movie-esque touch. And furthermore, this episode proves that Musashi, Kojiru, and Nyasu will go to ridiculous lengths to be evil, no matter how dippy they really are (and Megumi Hayashibara's performance in this episode further proves my point that she's "The Japanese June Foray").

You know, I can see why the flashing was such a big problem now. I know people who think that the episode could easily be aired in America if 4Kids just altered the explosions. Well, it's not just the explosions - the entire background flashes for no apparent reason at several points. Personally, I felt no ill effects other than a little eye strain, but if it's such a big concern, then I can certainly understand why this episode got blacklisted like it did. Of course, I still don't think it's any reason to give Porygon2 the shaft in the Johto region, but...what are you gonna do?

Still, even if it never comes to America (and it won't), I've at least got it on my computer...

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

This was a good episode. I justed watched it on my computer and nothing bad happened. I have to go to school now.
    Want to make games?

Join Zelda Classic! Say that I directed you there
    http://www.zeldaclassic.com/

SecretMew is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

I`ve saw this episode too... No side effects, there was a document what told about someone who was interested on knowing what caused the effect, he went to the TV Tokyo and there they showed the flashing scene at computers monitor, it had the "Highest" quality on it, the clip was little sized and didn`t show as it could in tv, but the flashing speed was same...

I didn't see this episode and I consider myself lucky for not.

PokeFan4Ever7783 Guest

I never saw the whole episode but I did see the part that caused the seizures it was pretty intense and I was only watching it on a computer screen. and yeah in the beginning of the series Pikachu's electric shocks are a little much. I've heard several myths as to what happened with the flashing in this episode but I have yet to verify one that is true. They are much more toned down now then before. It's not funny but it is now they have to warn the kids of sitting in a well lit room and not too close to the T.V. Now we have T.V. warnings what's next?

How are we ment to discus it if it's never been shown? >_>;
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast