Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Electric Soldier Porygon! (038)

i watched this episode a while ago and it was quite good, and i think its pikachu and porygons fault i mean if pikachu didnt use his thunderbolt that missile would hit ash and co.. (possible making the same type of flash) it was a very flashy episode though .. they should of toned down the flashes and aired it a long time ago but wat are you going to do now.
    "everybody is special, just like everybody else"

http://www.gaminglagoon.com/get_money_now

sigh. This was a great episode for Team Rocket. One of their cooler, more creative plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

I've seen loads of pictures about this episode, and I have to say that, had it not been for the seizures, we wouldn't be missing much. It's just another filler, guys!

Though I have to say, there've been some funny parodies of it done on other shows XD;
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I watched this episode last night, it made me feel terrible. It's a very good episode. But I hate Meowth's Japanese voice

I too re-watched it last night, but it was of a higher quality. It gave me a terrible headache but I thought it was because I'd been watching four of the previous episodes before that (The Kangaskhan Kid to Ditto's Mysterious Mansion) so I reapeated the 'scene' four times.My headache got worse, so it is understandable why it was banned. However, I don't see what they can't make the flash one shade of blue and add like a glittery explosion around it.

I just watched the episode. I always closed my eyes at the seizure moment and other flashy moments, as soon as a red-and-blue flash appeared, I would turn away and close my eyes. But I think I will watch the seizure part now, because it was bad quality and computer screens aren't as bad as TV screens.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

I watched that scene, but it's not efective against milenadrg:P

I finally decided to watch the infamous scene a few minutes ago......Nothing. I even watched it two more time to make sure. I'm immune to it. How exactly did is cause seizures though? It is a pretty quickly scene.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

How on earth did that cause seizures? 0_o It was a mildly harmless scene. I watched it in Japanese and it was a cool episode though.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 8:18 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

i wonder if u watched the seizure scene with sunglasses

Just finished watching it and yeh, its a good episode.
    Don't you have to epilepsy to be badly affected by this, though?
    However, what were the guys thinking when they had the blue and red flashing lights? It wasn't just at the end, there were plenty of times before it when the flashing was WAY too intense.
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Apparently this episode took Pokemon off the air for a few months.

4Kids enjoyed editing and censoring other Pokemon episodes, so why can't they edit out the red-and-blue flashes in this one? In fact, why did the Japanese place a worldwide ban on the episode instead of editing it to be less seizure-inducing?

It makes even less sense that they banned Porygon. I honestly don't see why they shouldn't put Porygon in another episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXPorygonXx View Post
    Like we really care what some random person says about us.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Credit: HawthorneKitty

I can handle seizures.

I wish this episode aired in the U.S., just not with the part that gave all those kids seizures. I know that parents wouldn't be happy about it, but it shouldn't be a problem if that part is taken out. They took part out of the episodes with Jame's having fake boobs.
    i'm leaving serebi for now. i don't know when i'll be back

I've never seen this episode, i can understand why they stopped airing it, but i would have thought that the producers could have looked into any potential problems before they put the episode out.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
    this ep lead to proygon never being a "who's that pokemon" and porygon was never on the "poke rap" and porygon2 was not a "who's that pokemon"!
    Porygon IS in fact in Pokerap.

They should have aired it, censuring the seizure scene. I think we could understand the story without all these flashé

I've seen this episode and I still think it's special in its own way.
    Overall the story is good because of how they introduce porygon into the show but because of what had happened (dun dun duuun), I don't think anyone will ever get the chance to see this episode ever again. Oh wait...

The only reason i dont like this ep is because of the seazures and that they not only banned the ep but porygon, porygon2, and they think porygon-z r never going to be in the anime.(and it was pikachu's fault)

For some reason, I'm starting to get the feeling that if this episode aired today instead of years ago (assuming that it'd be even possible for them to make an episode that would air like this today), it would've been censored after the first airing and not banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Araleon
    TV-Tokyo/Pokemon USA, please let him come back!
    PUSA can't do anything about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lightey
    Porygon IS in fact in Pokerap.
    And I could've sworn Porygon had an eyecatch in one American episode. (Although I don't remember which episode it was- I think it would've been an Orange Island episode- and it would've been years ago when I would've seen him. No one go looking for this episode for that eyecatch.)
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

While this episode came around in the series, it got me a bit confused with all the episodes around #38 to get swapped with their broadcast airdates.

I wouldve enjoyed seeing this episode dubbed. It can work perfectly, when Maddie did say they'd slow down the flashes. That's good then.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I just watched it and now my eyes hurt. Its true that is intense flashing.
    besides that this is a good episode.

Never saw this episode, but I understood why. I did see a screenshot where it gave the Japanese the seizure.

How can you have seen it if not on the premier? I thought that part of the lawsuit settlement was that all copies be destroyed. Anyway, I am shocked they made Porygon Z after all this. It was too late for Porygon2 because it was already set to be a Johto pokemon and there were relatively few of those already; but if I were one of the creators I would have stopped it at that so as not to dig up any more sour memories of the incident.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

it is THE MOST AWESOME EPISODE EVER!!! in fact it is one of my favourite episodes i did infact get a headache from watching it but that was only because i was watching in the dark in bed.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast