Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pikachu's Goodbye (039)

It was a sad episode, i almost cried....

And Pikachu was so loyal to Ash, great.

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    It was a sad episode, i almost cried....

And Pikachu was so loyal to Ash, great.

7/10
    I did cry :'(
    After the Butterfree episode, I really thought that is going to happen!

This is quite a good episode and I was expecting "The Time Has Come" to make a re-appearance in "Gotta Catch You Later" when Misty left so was a bit surprised when it didn't.

I remember seeing this episode when I was a kid and was almost brought to tears. To this day this was the saddest pokemon episode I've ever seen.

I must say, I got teared up a bit.

As I continue on my journey of watching the entire original series of Pokemon (the first five seasons), I came across this episode. When I was a kid, I can distinctly remember this episode as a very sad episode. But, the more I look at it, I only got choked up this time because of how happy the episode is.

Sure, the montage was nostalgic and saddening (and without it I possibly wouldn't have felt as happy at the end), but it surely was NOT the defining moment of the episode. The last two minutes were the defining moments. Ash and Pikachu reuniting, hugging each other... You can just tell how much they care for each other and how special their friendship is. Sure, it SOUNDS lame, but if you watched the series from the beginning to this episode, it is very dramatic and heart-warming.

This episode (as well as a few others) are the ones I define as the best, most memorable, and the most important episodes. If someone said that they thought Pokemon was boring and just an "advertisement" for the games, I would tell them to watch this episode and still keep that same opinion.

10/10

...Maybe a few tears came out...

Even after 10 years... this episode still makes me tear up, haven't had a good episode like this since... not one this emotional at least.

One of the best episodes ever.
    Loved how Pikachu wanted to return and proved he loves Ash!

Well this time TR helped them actually because when they have tried to capture all the Pikachus, it realized why it needs to stay with Ash. Even until now.

A very beautiful episode that makes me cry everytime. If only the writers would return to doing things as good as this. It would make me so happy. Yay for Ash and Pikachu.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

The pikachu singing was so cute
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/29krqle.jpg[/IMG]
    SS FC: 3095 0579 5401. Black FC: 2795 1247 0008 X FC: 4270 1776 0283

please click them?
    My shinys:

This episode should have been banned instead of the Dratini one.

My ideal battle ever!

This was an ok episode. The part where Ash leaves Pikachu and the "Together Forever" song playing was very sad the 1st time I saw it. Seeing all the different Pikachu was pretty cool as well.

40/100

I liked the song that the Pikachu were singing when they were all together. I remember it really well and it was probably my favourite part of the episode.

I didn't really find this episode too sad, probably because I figured that there was no way Pikachu would leave forever.

Best episode of pokemon ever I just watched it again and almost started crying.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

This is in my opinion the sadest episode ever D;

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

This was like one of the saddest episodes.

This was the saddest episode I ever watched, 10/10. I missed the old kanto journeys.

Credit to Extroph

it was a sad episode

I never thought that this was a sad episode to be honest. It's probably because of the terrible song the dub decided to play but it was really just average for me. Watching it again all of these years later, I still don't see why anyone got sad over this episode but that's probably just me. I never bought into the fact that Pikachu was going away.

It's funny how there was a whole clan of Pikachu in that small section of forest but the Pokémon is so rare on the show that only a couple have actually had a Pikachu and Raichu.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

This was a really sweet episode. It was nice to see how Pikachu was accepted by the other Pikachu after they went through their near death experience! When I saw this when I was young, there was a point when I actually thought Ash may have actually left Pikachu there. I'm sort of glad he didn't!

xxx

I didn't really cry about it, because I knew Ash would never leave Pikachu there, the writers couldn't ditch their mascot. Still a sad episode, but even when I was a little kid, I knew it was going to be all right, unlike Butterfree...
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 13th September 2013 at 3:02 PM.

To be honest, I have to disagree with saying this is a good episode. It had a good, emotional ending which of course give you the satisfied feeling of witnessing one of the best moments in the original series. The ending was fabulous, whereas the other parts of the episode were in my opinion, quite dull. I don't want to say this episode is uninteresting, but I have seen some better episodes than this.

When I saw this I was thinking Ash was going to start releasing everyone since Pika was his main and he already got rid of Buttefree

Awww. A sad episode. I cried a little when Ash ran away from Pikachu. This old episodes always get to me. But, I'm glad Ash and Pikachu are stronger from this.

This episode is sad but has a good ending. Ash left Butterfree not that much earlier and it made me afraid for a while Pikachu would be next to go. Seeing Ash run away and see all of those moments they spend together was something worth falling a tear for.

Honest to god this episode made me cry.

I thought Pikachu was going for good.

28th June is the international CAPS lock day!
    We have just opened our new, fast, GFX friendly forum. Please come and join in the fun at the PokeVillage.
    First 50 get a special gift.
    *Moderator Vacancies*

^ Night Fighter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast