Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pikachu's Goodbye (039)

This was one of the best episode of the main series. It contained emotional feelings that could touch the public, a detail that rarely or never occurs in later generations.

The episode shew us how strong was the bond between Pikachu and Ash.

Unlike some members previously said, I don't think that I cried in this episode as I predicted that in spite of Ash left Pikachu, in the end it was going to come back to him.

This episode is one of the most emotional episodes of the Kanto Saga.
    It showed the strong bond between Ash and Pikachu. It's sad when " The Time Has Come " was playing during the flashbacks.
    I knew Pikachu wouldn't leave, but this was still a memorable episode in my opinion.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 16th July 2013 at 7:18 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I always loved this episode back as a kid and it's probably the most famous one of them all. What I find great about it is how over the course of the episode, you can see Ash getting sadder as he starts to realize Pikachu might be better off in the forest than staying with him. I actually keep forgetting how dramatic this one gets in the last five minutes. The song and flashbacks are obviously the highlight (I prefer the male voice over the female CD album version though), but I also love Ash's goodbye to Pikachu and him running away alone in the forest. It works far better here than the one in "Charizard's Burning Ambitions". Of course, the difference is Pikachu comes back, but it doesn't feel cheap or unmeaningful. Ash's tears on seeing Pikachu return to him is still one of the most heartwarming and tearjerking moments of the entire show.

10/10

Yeah, this episode really made me appreciate Ash as a trainer. It also made me come very close to tears!
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

I didn't find this episode as sad as others did because I knew there was no way Ash would just give up Pikachu that easily.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

It's episodes like these that to me highlight the difference between Veronica Taylor's brilliant acting as Ash in so many ways from his anger to his sadness, to his happy moments, and so much more, and Sarah Natochenny's atrociously wooden acting as Ash restricted to a fake "a-ha-ha-ha" laugh, and her emotional tone being restricted to the same monotone, almost lifeless, tone she uses for any situation in any context.

I was overwhelmed by all the Pikachu that appeared here to be frank. I mean tolerating one Pikachu is already more than enough for me. Anyway, I thought that this episode's sappiness was handled well, all things considered. I thought Ash's choice to leave Pikachu behind was actually really mature of him.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456