Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pikachu's Goodbye (039)

Hmm, not surprising that a few of the clips that played with the music were changed in the dub. Though it is interesting to note that one of the clips that only appeared in the dub was taken from the Japanese opening. XD
    ~

Kazaana Guest

This is one of the few episodes that I actually cried for. I knew that Pikachu was staying, obviously, but...I couldn't help it. Actually, I don't cry at all when I watch it anymore. Guess it kinda wore off. =/

Although, now that I think about it, I wish that Pikachu WOULD have left in this episode. It would have prevented it from becoming repetitive. >/ ...Then again, this was Kanto, and Pikachu was actually still interesting in Kanto. =/

The Pikachu montage in this episode doesn't move me like it does the Butterfree montage in "Bye Bye Butterfree". Maybe it's because Butterfree hasn't returned, and Pikachu's still around 300+ episodes later. I do love the song, and I sing along to it when I listen to the 2BA Master CD (I also love singing to other songs on the Pokemon CDs), but otherwise the montage doesn't really do anything when we know now that Pikachu's not going anywhere.

I do love the pikachus in this episode, though, they're so cute. I like Team Rocket's references to the fans, too.
    My Shinies:
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

SceptileDyamo Guest

I got verry emotional on this episode but it was also cute

Í'm been sad first time i saw the episode also.

This is a very sad episode. Not as sad as "Bye Bye Butterfree" but still a great episode.
    I did rather like the song, for a dub made in the mid-90's it ain't half bad at all. In fact, I'm a big fan of most of the Kanto dub music, and my 2.B.A. Master CD is still a secret favorite of mine today.
    Anyway, back then I didn't know there was no chance Pikachu would ever leave. How was I supposed to know the show would continue for countless more episodes?
    Also, Pikachu not leaving in the end gave it a real "punch" as well, in a friendly instead of sad way. How many of Ash's pokemon have come back? Just this one (and Charizard very briefly in the 3rd movie...).

Mid nineties? This episode aired in the states in 1998. >.>
    ~

This was in the year I had just started primary, I cried so badly, heh >< And then the joy which sprand to my heart when pikachu came back *remembers* anyway, I really enjoyed this episode 8.5/10 ><

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Mid nineties? This episode aired in the states in 1998. >.>
    Okay, okay, later nineties. Will you sleep better now?

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

As sick as I am of seeing Ash and Pikachu episodes when I saw this one for the first time. I'll even admit I was even moved by it. But I didn't cry I mean come on the day Ash and Pikachu split up is the day miltank fly! I liked the flashbacks and the song was also nice. It wasn't as cheesy as some of the songs I've heard in it. I thought it was a real good turning point for their friendship. ehh now I'm getting all mushy I'll stop now!

i cried when i saw this episode (i was 8 at the time) i thought it was pretty sad and happy at the same time. this was one of the better filler episodes. 10/10

Jirachi1 Guest

This episode made me cry , It was really sad and I thought Ash was going to leave Pikachu there for good. I was happy at the end of the episode.

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

Well I'm even gonna score this episode a 8/10. I'll admit when I first saw this I was quite moved by it. I think it was a great turning point in the show for Ash and Pikachu. Although I knew Pikachu whatn'd going no where! I know I've already commented on this episode but it was just that good!
    Last edited by PokeTrainer7783; 13th November 2005 at 9:25 PM.

lightspeed Guest

7/10, I think I almost cried when watching it, it did express how much Ash and pikachu love each other; but after I finished watching, I think there's nothing much to it. Seriously, this episode doesn't mean that much to me, I'm one of those who are not so emotional, kinda oblivious you could say.

Ah, yes... that episode was very heartfelt... Ash and Pikachu being seperated was kinda sad... And them being reunited again at the end was worth watching for!

First time I viewed this episode I assumed he was actually leaving

I think there should be more episodes like this, but closer to the one. If they did I think it would be sign of them changing back to the Kanto style episodes.

I cry first time i saw it.

The thing is... i knew that pikachu would not leave, because my friend (he's japanese) was telling me future episodes of pokemon. ^^ he gives me all the spoilers

[No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered
    life, I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive]

Pikachu would never ever leave Ash. That pokemon has been with him since the very first ep. They are inseperable.

yupp- but i think pikachu should have a pichu- then pokemon would be more interesting.

[No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered
    life, I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive]

Pretty touching epi. I actually thought Pika was going to leave. I;m glad it stayed.8/10 for being a touching epi

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

It was a pretty good episode. The Pikachu's Goodbye song was really cute. Is there anyone besides me who liked it?
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-Jesus

Please help save the unborn! http://www.priestsforlife.org/

Even back in 8th grade when I first saw this episode I cried on that scene when Ash is leaving and the song: "The time has come" helps on that feeling even more. I wonder who sung that version cause on the 2B a master CD it's sung by a woman and with a few diferent lyrics.

"You're the part of my life, I'll always remenber!!"

"Who could've guessed that you and I... Somehow.. today.. we had to say goodbye..."

These are the two parts from the song I always have in my mind. I saw it in spanish and in English.. both versions made me cry..
    And I came for fun..

A OK episode. Of course, Pikachu isn't going to be leaving anytime soon.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast