Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Battling Eevee Bros.! (040)

Eevee was kool in this epi. It was pretty dumb though that when its evo's lost it could win but meh. 7/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Smile

That's one of my favorite episodes! I adore Eevee... I like how Mikey liked his Eevee the way it was and decided not to evolve it. It was cool how Eevee was really strong against Team Rocket! I love this episode a lot. ^^

A alright episode.

The Manga verison of it was better IMO.

This was the episode that spawned my love for Eevee! I hate evolving it myself, but I eventually do lol.

The episode was also extra special fr me because it was shown in Ireland the week of Christmas!!

10/10!!!

This episode wasn't the best, I'll have to admit. But, it wasn't terrible.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

I pretty much knew what wasa going to happen to the Eevee once I saw the brothers xD All you have to do is look at their hair colors. Eevee owner has brown hair. Hmm, probably going to go Vaporeon xP

I thought this was a nice episode. Although he didn't have to chain Eevee to a tree =(
    But it's a m a z i n g what a couple of years can mean
    last.fm l twin l neopets

This was one of those great episodes because it showed off alot of Pokémon which were rare to see back in the day, namely all of those stone-induced evolutions... I remember Poliwrath jumping into a fountain, and then a Cloyster surfaces beside a Starmie and A victreebel. Good times...

I also seem to remember Team Rocket doing very well, and the phrase "Team Rocket, champions of the world" comes to mind...

Definitely one of the better episodes for sure.I like how Mikey was happy with his evee how it was,and the battle was absolutely amasing.Team Rocket was actually very good for a change in battle and it was a pleasure to see all three evee evolutions battling.I was also impressed by evees strenght which he showed in this episode and from that episode i started to like evee.It was also interesting to see Mistys horsea ingenuity to leave the tracks with ink spurt to make easier for Ash and others to find him and other pokemon kidnapped by team rocket.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 18th June 2008 at 2:58 PM. Reason: Making corrections.

i had them better, i hope the next episode i'll be watching will be better.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

That Eevee... what a cutie! I really liked how Mikey interacted with it ^^ It was also pretty funny to see it tackle Team Rocket, who somehow managed to blast off (again) as a result o.O

But the greatest part of the episode goes to Horsea for leaving that ink trail, then James shouting about how they'd been thwarted by that little squirt.

Funny stuff, overall a good episode ^^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I wouldn't say that. This was a great episode!
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

this was possibly one of the best pokemon episodes, I was really hoping team rocket actually got to use all the stones on Eevee, because i thought it would turn into a gigantic monster XP

Power
    The
    ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something.
    I Have Power
    PLATINUM FC: 3480 8759 5501

I loved seeing Eevee for the first time ever on the tv show. It was so cute, making me wish that I could hold one in my arms and hug it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sun View Post
    For a long time, I thought the anime writers had some sort of bias against evolving your pokemon, especially with stones. Seeing a puny shrimp of an Eevee take down Team Rocket when its three evolutions lost just felt, to me, like a major cop-out. No wonder I don't like Kanto that much...
    That was pretty much how I felt about this episode too. I enjoyed the fact that it served as the anime debut for Eevee and his then-current evolutions, but at the same time, it kind of annoyed me how much of a negative press it seemed to give stone evolution. I wasn't at all bothered by Mikey's decision not to evolve his Eevee at all, since it honestly seemed like the most viable solution to his problem of which of his three brothers' footsteps he should follow in. Rather, what bothered me was the vibe that that conversation between Ash, Brock and the Eevee Brothers gave off that those who evolve their pokemon using stones do so because they are basically selfish and care far more about getting stronger battlers than they do the feelings of their pokemon. It irked me because quite a significant percentage of my favourite pokemon (including Eevee's original Red/Blue evolutions) could only be obtained through stone evolution. Granted, Ash and Brock were almost certainly never going to evolve Pikachu and Vulpix, but it turned into something of an ethical debate, and when Ash (or maybe Brock...I haven't seen it in years) stated that "we just don't evolve our pokemon that way", it was all too obvious whose side the writers wanted you to sympathise with.

I did at least take some consolation in the indication that, though it was never explicitly stated, Misty clearly did not share her friends' biases against stone evolution. She owned a Starmie, after all, and did state that if no one had claimed Mikey's Eevee, she would have kept it and evolved it into a Vaporeon. Shame she never actually got a Vaporeon of her own at any point in the series (at least that I know of).

the eevee brothers are so cool! especially sparky and his jolteon...

The eeveelutions are awesome. Good debut for them as well. Seeing Eevee tied up and abonded was hard to watch but nice episode.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 8:02 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I love this episode because all evolutions of Eevee and the other stone-evolvers are here. This caught my chance to learn how an Eevee can evolve into three different Pokemon when I didn't know it had three known evolutions in the past. But with this episode, it'll make a good reference to others who needs help on acquiring three Eevee evolutions.

I felt really sorry for the little kid, his brothers shouldn't have tried to force him to evolve his Eevee.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I always liked this episode, Vaporeon was my favorite...i remember that i
    had a crush on that Vaporeon guy...
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I liked this episode, that kid deciding not to evolove his Eevee was sweet... Eevee and it's evos were cool...

great epi but i always say that kanto was a masterpiece and every ep is great but yes 10 new pokemon were shown in this ep and it got me hooked on pokemon

I'm glad Horsea finally did something useful; it made a trail of ink.

I'm surprised that the showed Eevee and it's three evolutions in one episode. In Kanto, they really didn't pace themselves.

7/10 for the stones of evolution.

I was happy when the kid and his Eevee beat TR, they were mean...
    And Misty's Horsea was great, it saved all the pokemon.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by SoLaR-ScEpTiLe View Post
    I always liked this episode, Vaporeon was my favorite...i remember that i
    had a crush on that Vaporeon guy...
    Ahaha, you and me both. >D

Purrrrrrr.

I liked this episode. Seeing my favorite multi-type evolution of Kanto for the 1st time was really cool. Vaporeon is my fav. Kanto evolution of Eevee! It was cool to see Mikey's brothers accept his decision about not evolving Eevee.

50/100

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast