Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Showdown in Dark City (042)

Awesome episode! I was totaly in love with electabuzz, so when i see him in this episode, i knew this would be good.

Pikachu and that bottle of ketchup made this episode funny for me.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

This episode was so much fun!

I laughed so hard at Pikachu's expression when its ketchup got cut.
    XDDDD
    And TR in red..... wow.

Yaaaay my first sig! x3

Still. Hating. High school.
    Still. No. DS.

</3
    RAWR

I remember this episode. I enjoyed it when I first watched it. It was enjoyable. I used to think that Electabuss looked like a tiger. It was cool of how Scyther can demolish buildings as well. Yeah, the ketchup was mostly funny, too. And also it was funny of how Ash, Misty and Brock made up their names, too.

I remember this episode about that ketchup thing. Pikachu was funny, messing with a bottle of ketchup. And Team Rocket covered with ketchup, hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by danparker View Post
    I remember this episode. I enjoyed it when I first watched it. It was enjoyable. I used to think that Electabuss looked like a tiger. It was cool of how Scyther can demolish buildings as well. Yeah, the ketchup was mostly funny, too. And also it was funny of how Ash, Misty and Brock made up their names, too.
    Electabuzz is meant to be a tiger so you were right.
    Also, I thought it was interesting to see the people first hate POKEMON trainers here.

I think that Scyther was the stronger of the two in terms of its powers in general. It is part Flying-type; so Electabuzz should have been able to fry it with little trouble. Scyther was only seen as evenly matched because it was at a type disadvantage.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

i always wondered WHY JESSE AND JAMES WERE PART OF THE KAS GYM?! and i actually thought that zangoose and seviper were a rip off of scyther and electabuzz. but no where in the games or manga does it say that electubuzz and scyther are enemies. they seem to have no relation at all. but this episode was hilarious, and the whole tom ato thing was hilarious as well

The two Gyms in this episode really reminded me of warring nations that were fighting each other. Maybe that's what the writers intended? Anyway, funny stuff like Pikachu's love for ketchup being revealed in this episode and the two gyms fighting each other was exciting during most parts. I really wish we had more unofficial Gyms in the anime. This episode wasn't too disappointing, 9/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th November 2010 at 1:24 AM.

I loved scyther's moves.

It was amazing to see Pikachu using Thunder.

And i loved the kai gym more than Yes gym.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This was officially the first episode in the anime where the gang went to an anime-only exclusive city right?

awesome pikachu is really great. . .nice twist

The ketchup moment is legendary. This is one if my favourite old episodes. I'd say 10/10.

I still have old videotapes (VHS) with really old nineties episodes (spoken in Dutch, I'm Dutch). Putting the empty video in the video recorder. Those episodes have so much history, nostalgia and they are humorous.

I still watch these old episodes sometimes. Sure, I can watch them on the Internet, but the video gives more nostalgia, which is almost a necessity for old episodes like this. And the TV screen is bigger than the screen of my laptop.

Milotic
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 1st December 2010 at 11:15 AM.

This was an ok episode. I do love the scene with Pikachu and the ketchup bottle, plus his reaction to it breaking. It was great seeing Nurse Joy stick it to the 2 battlers at the end.

25/100

Pikachu sure was heartbroken by the ketchup bottle, huh?

I found the setting of this episode to be a little unnerving. The town was so creepy with how dark and ghost-like it was. Electabuzz and Scyther freaked me out a little, becaused they seemed so scary and ferocious.

I liked the part at the end where those boys asked for Pikachu's autograph. Ash's reaction to that was priceless. ^_^

Pikachu falling in love with the bottle of ketchup was priceless. It's too bad that they didn't continue this throughout the series. I thought the rivalries between those two gyms were hilarious. The made up names for Ash and co. were also funny.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

For some reason I found this episode extremely dull and boring to watch. The actual concept of the episode does seem interesting, but I think it could have been executed better. (just my opinion)
    The only part of this episode that I actually did like was Pikachu and it's new found love.... The Ketchup Bottle!

xxx

An okay episode, the funny parts made up for it, along with pikachu's obsessiveness over ketchup.

Awww, don't we love how Ash steps in solving the feud between the two gyms that are fighting each other endlessly. The Ketchup scene has always been stuck in my mind and also the names Ash and co gave themselves. Ceasar Salad= FTW

This episode reminds me a lot of various Westerns.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Tom Ato haha that was so great

Hmm. I wasn't into this episode really. It was good Pikachu used Thunder for the first time, but other than that, it really wasn't too good for me. :/

This episode is one of my favorite Kanto saga episodes, the location where this episode took place was cool. Both Yam and Kaz gyms were trying to make their respective gyms official, but there could be only one gym per city.......each gym were trying to eliminate the other one. The scene with Pikachu and ketchup bottle was funny, Pikachu seemed to really liked it. This time Team Rocket was trying to steal foods from the resturant, but Ash and the others stopped them. I liked the female Yas Gym recruiter's design, she's so cute.
    It's funny when the Yas leader's Scyther get squirted in the eyes with ketchup and started attacking it's own trainer. It's cool when Ash refused to join the Yas leader, he did the right thing. Ash and the others stopping the gym leaders and their Pokémon with Tomato juice was really funny, Pikachu hitting the two leaders with Thunder was funny as well. It was surprising when the Pokemon League inspector revealed to be Nurse Joy, it was a good and unexpeted twist in my opinion.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Real good episode man, loved the Yas and Kaz Gyms.

A few times in the anime we've seen trainers, like Gary and Otoshi, with badges outside of the usual game Gym badges, so seeing other gyms, albeit unofficial ones, was quite interesting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast