Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The March of the Exeggutor Squad! (043)

Great epp like all this season, lots of drama and action. I loved Charmander's evo and how he went fierce.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

This was a really good episode, but It was definetly sad to see Charmander evolve, because I think that he was the best little pokemon.. Sometimes I wish that Charmander had never evolved, and that he could have continued to fit in more with Squirtle and Bulbasaur and Pikachu. It seemed that Charmander and Squirtle were good friends, but then once Charmeleon and Charizard came, Squirtle got to be better friends with Bulbasaur.

Anyways, good episode, and A great end to the first season of Pokemon ( gosh I remeber how in 1st grade during that season when it was on UPN..)

Anyways, LONG LIVE THE MEMORY OF CHARMANDER, Ash's strongest pokemon then, and strongest Pokemon now

-

Thanks to Shebang for the sweet TC

[IMG]http://i16.*******.com/2q2235y.png[/IMG]
    Dont Mess With Ice Beaming Quilava.
    Thanks to Futuramagirl!

This was the episode in which Charmander evolved.

I remember seeing this at a very young age. I was overjoyed. My Favorite Pokemon ever, Charmander, was Ash's first evolved Starter (even though he caught them in the wild). If only Satoshi/Ash wasn't such a n00b could truly utilize Lizard/Charmeleon's true, great power. I didn't like Hitokage's/Charmander's change in personality. How could he go from a modest, shy, little Lizard to a Rude, Lazy, Inconsiderate Medium-sized Lizard?
    Member of the Following Clubs:
    The SPP Atheist Alliance
    The Kenta/Jimmy/Gold Fanclub Version 2.0
    The Japanese Language Club
    The Digimon Club, Version 3.0

I did NOT like this episode. I mean they kept repeating the entire season from this episode for like 2 months. I was SO annoyed and thought it was the end.

Yay charmander evolved and became a rebel.Go charmeleon! I felt sorry for the clunsy magician.
    [IMG]http://i13.*******.com/47lo29z.png[/IMG]
    Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the awsome banner!

~Bishie~Mafia~Song~Friends

i wish charmeleon still obeyed ash...
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Mistys outfit was cooooool.
    ;[

what happened.

I agree Misty's costume was cool but it was controversial among her fans for quite some time and some of them still don't like it much but I disagree with those who don't like it and say it is one of my favorites.

i have a question that does not go anywhere else.

If Ash had caught all those Exeggutors, why did they go back in to the wild (wouldn't it be like his Tauri?)? Were they 'released' back in to the wild (because Ash didn't say anything about it)?

I know a lot of people didn't like how Charmander evolved and didn't listen to Ash, but I kind of like the fact that it didn't obey. It's just like the games, if a Pokemon you recieved in a trade grows too fast, then it won't listen to you.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Surprisingly, I liked this episode. As completely moronic as Melvin was, he was able to put Ash under hypnosis and force him to battle with several dozen Exeggutors simultaneously. (What an accomplishment.) I felt a bit sad for Charmander when he evolved, though. I was really attatched to that little lizard.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

The magician making Misty wear the stripper Goldeen outfit was kinda creepy, but Ash was pretty good in this ep. His magic trick was stupid enough to be funny. And I'm glad that at least in the Jap version they acknowledged the Leaf Stones being necessary to evolve.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

I would not call Misty's Goldeen costume a stripper outfit but rather one that looks like it would have been worn by a showgirl back in the 1950s or a magician's assistant from that same era. If it was a stripper outfit then it would have been even more revealing than it was but it was very clear that when Ash walked in on the whole performance Misty was uncomfortable wearing it in front of him and went into her biggest blushing fit ever.
    Misty club member #11

Charmander evolving = yay!
    Charmeleon disobeying = boo!

honestly, they should have waited till it was Charizard for it to disobey.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

i liked this episode because Charmander evolved!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

This was one of my favorite episode, back in the day. Since charmander is my favorite pokemon of all, it was a sad day for me when it evolved. However, I thought it was a good way to show that Ash needed experiance as a trainer, since his pokemon wouldn't listen to him.

I loved this episode when I first saw it, as Exeggutor and Charmeleon were, at the time, my two favorite Pokemon. I still like them, of course, but these days, the favorites spotlight goes to Wynaut and Missingno., with Shedinja and Munchlax in a close second.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Despite Exeggutor being one of my favorite, yet unloved 1st Gens (tied with Parasect, Hypno) I actually think this is the worse Kanto Episode. Or atleast the most uninteresting and forgettable one. They need to give Exeggcute and Exeggutor a new episode stat.

In fact, for quite awhile, I had no idea when Charmander evolved since I've seen this episode like twice my entire life and Cartoon Network didn't air this due to it falling in that Fox->WB transitional season I believe.

Uninteresting and forgettable yes, but The Problem With Paras is by far the worst.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Misty looked really cute. This episode was pretty boring except for the fact that Charmander evolved. Oh and the magician guy really ticked me off. His dub voice was so annoying.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 8:58 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

ah the episode where charmander evolved into charmeleon, it is good progress but it was also kinda sad to see him go.

I didn't like what happened with Charmander in this episode, one minute it's a friendly Pokemon, then as soon as it evolves its personality suddenly changes, i find that really weird.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Funny episode, but i dint liked that magican guy...he was a bit greedy..
    i loved it when Charmander evolves into Charmeleon at the end and start to attack Ash
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

It's very unusual how Melvin the unexperienced magician went to a spell and controlling the Exeggutor. But I liked the way he shows some effort and good determination on working his magic to perfect it because he wants to be a magician and succeed on it. That's what a trainer is all about: Accomplishing special dreams!

I watched this episode recently and something occurred to me when I was done. The writers really didn't give two cents about Brock, did they? Ash has Charmander struggling to burn down a horde of Exeggutors and Melvin has to jump in with his *stick* to help.

Which begs the question: Why didn't Brock just sent out Vulpix? He really was a lazy bum who did nothing back then... not even to help save Exeggutors from getting blown up...
    Advanceshipper, Cavaliershipper and Orangeshipper

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast