Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The March of the Exeggutor Squad! (043)

I wonder what the decision was to allow Ash's Charmander to evolve. Did it evolve due to Charizard's popularity or did Charizard become the break out mon because it was the only fully evolved starter from Ash's team? Basically did the anime make Charizard popular or did Charizard's popularity make it so the anime felt force to feature it? Would Blastoise have been the Wolverine of Pokemon if Squirtle had evolved instead and Charmander remained...Charmander?

I do think Bulbasaur and Squirtle should have been allowed to evolve too. At least to their mid-evolutions

Quote Originally Posted by gentwoer View Post
    I wonder what the decision was to allow Ash's Charmander to evolve. Did it evolve due to Charizard's popularity or did Charizard become the break out mon because it was the only fully evolved starter from Ash's team? Basically did the anime make Charizard popular or did Charizard's popularity make it so the anime felt force to feature it? Would Blastoise have been the Wolverine of Pokemon if Squirtle had evolved instead and Charmander remained...Charmander?

I do think Bulbasaur and Squirtle should have been allowed to evolve too. At least to their mid-evolutions
    I can only assume that Hitokage's evolution here was a result of Lizardon's popularity, which would explain why Lizard quickly evolved after this and didn't stay in its middle stage for too long.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345