Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Problem With Paras (044)

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    This was the first episode to be dubbed for and aired on KidsWB.
    Yep, it was. I remember that.

I loved this episode back in the day. It showed the soft side of Meowth, Charmeleon being Charmeleon, and Paras evolving. This was such a great episode.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeguru View Post
    I get it. Charmeleon thought Ash was taking it's opponent's side and supporting Paras. That's why Charmeleon stopped trusting Ash.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    No, that is not the reason.
    Maybe not the sole reason, but surely it helped to prompt Charmeleon's disobedience. I mean, you have a Pokemon who's much more fierce than the other ones in Ash's roster and is being told not to do his best.

Though I wonder why they didn't allow for Paras to make the first move.

Charmeleon being defeated by a Paras was strange.. But these thing are always happen, so I wasn't so surprised.
    This Paras was so weak, but after it evolved we didn't see his real power, and still, a water drops of Squirtle shouldn't have been so affected. The same for Pikachu's Thunder Shock.

That paras was so pathetic. It makes a magikarp look strong. Good thing it evolved though.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    Maybe not the sole reason, but surely it helped to prompt Charmeleon's disobedience. I mean, you have a Pokemon who's much more fierce than the other ones in Ash's roster and is being told not to do his best.

Though I wonder why they didn't allow for Paras to make the first move.
    Hey when Ash called charmeleon it had an evil look on his face and didn't know that it had to go easy on it and purposely attacked paras for it's own enterainment. I mean when it was still charmander maybe it's evolution was impure and based on it's form it acted ruthless and wild.

Charmeleon was such a teen in this one .

I liked it =P
    Hello!

xD

Very bizarre episode...Paras evolving into Parasect after only just beating TR's Pokemon by fake faintings, and poking Charmeleon? Wow... Was upsetting to see Charmeleon completely ignore Ash. It may have been bizarre, but I did like the episode regardless.

56/100

Paras was funny. It seemed like it was so weak that even a gentle breeze would knock it out. ^_^

I liked Charmeleon when it was a Charmander, but I didn't like it in this episode because I thought it was a total jerk in the way it disobeyed Ash. I guess I didn't like how Charmander's personality changed upon evolution...

I liked this episode,Paris was so weak. Charmeleon is a douche but I think he is strong and cool. I wish it would obey Ash more. Glad that Paras evolved eventhough I like Paris better.

A terrible episode. Paras was kind of cute in the beginning but it annoyed me by the end of the episode. I never liked Ash's Charmeleon as I never saw it as a truly strong Pokémon for it to be disobedient to Ash.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I liked the Paras in this episode lol. It was funny seeing it being beaten by pretty much everything. I really hate Ash's Charmeleon. I agree with Rebecca R because it doesn't seem like that much of a strong Pokémon at all yet it has the nerve to be so disobedient. And in the future episodes, it just becomes so boring and predictable that it won't obey. Charmander was cute and deserved rescuing by the team, but Charmeleon needs to be left at that same spot the Charmander was!!

xxx

Yes, this episode was definitely average indeed. I personally liked the whole concept of the story implemented in the anime, but they could did a better job at doing it in my opinion. Anyways, this episode is fun to watch and I personally did like that at least Charmeleon had a role(Seeing he was a Charmeleon for just three episodes before he evolved again)

charmeleon's design it just awesome.
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

This episode firmly established Ash's Charmeleon as the first "rebel" Pokemon. Charmeleon didn't need to obey Ash to be cool. As a Charizard I praise it even more. No other of Ash's Pokemon has had the guts to stand up to him. As much as I like Ash, sometimes his Pokemon steals the show.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

This was a very funny episode, Meowth being in love and trying to help Paras, and letting it train against Jessies Arbok and James's Weezing. Paras got such easy wins, but experience is experience. Cassandra's grandmother was funny as well. It was nice to see a rebel Pokemon standing up to Ash.

An alright episode wasn't too impressed by it. Paras being so weak was annoying to see, It got such easy wins.
    Last edited by Blessed; 13th November 2012 at 10:37 PM.

I loved seeing Charmeleon as a bully

Seeing Paras act confident after it beat Arbok and Weezing was too funny. I can't believe Jessie and James actually acknowledged that losing is Arbok and Weezing's specialty.

Meh, this episode was terrible. Jessie and James were really selfish at the beginning of the episode, I didn't like how they're willing to left the ill Meowth behind for capturing Pikachu. It's nice of Cassandra to nurse Meowth, but it's really odd when Mewoth fell in love with Cassandra and imagined her in a sparkly background.

Cassandra's Paras was really weak, It's unbelievable that Paras evolved into Parasect after just believing that it beat Team Rocket's Pokémon(even though it didn't actually beat them)and poking Charmeleon! The "wins" Paras got were just cheap, Ash and TR's Pokémon did those fake knockouts just for giving it experience.

Also, this is the episode where Charmeleon started to disobey Ash. When he was a Charmender, he listened to Ash.....but his perosnality changed a lot after evolving into Charmeleon. He was even more disobedient as a Charizard.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

The first official episode where Charmeleon adopts his 'as you can see, I just don't give a f---' attitude.
    Paras was kind of cute because of how not confident it was, sort of.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I cackled when Jessie felt Meowth's forehead and burned her hand. I thought Cassandra was so nice by helping heal Meowth, and it's no wonder why Meowth got a crush on her. I liked that Meowth also wanted to help Paras, even if it was for his own sake. Seeing Paras finally evolve into Parasect at the end after slaying Charmeleon was pretty cool as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123