Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Problem With Paras (044)

htis was a good episode
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

I can't fathom all the hate this episode is getting. Every episode before this is basically Ash making his mates use the most powerful attacks they got and win with it. This episode was unique in that ash was helping somebody, while showing he could control his pokemon's power. I think it was hilarious too, I love seeing pokemon evolve.

Diamond FC: 3479 9045 6745
    Name: Ujjay

Shinies:
    Swampert, Metapod, Dialga, Azelf

Best episode ever for me, lots of funny parts with Paras. Also Paras is my favorite Pokemon to date .
    DO A BARREL ROLL! Click to go to my comic.

This was the very first episode of Pokemon I saw, ah the memories, and I also believe this is the first episode of Pokemon to premiere on Kids WB. I love this episode from TR being superheros and helping Paras to watching Ash and his Pokemon help out Paras, unfortunately Charmelon was the only one looking for a true battle, but glad it was Charmelon going all out that made Paras finally evolve into Parasect. Also I love Cassandra's outfit very nice on her.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This episode is okay except at the end when Meowth is loses being the company mascot to a Persian. I felt bad for Meowth.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Well,i suppose this wasnt that bad episode but i didnt like it too much either.Seriously i never thought that paras can be that weak,and watching how he battled was pathetic.Anyway it was interesting to see how team rocket for a change decided to be good in sort of way,but i definitely didnt liked charmeleons stubbornes and disobedience.
    All in all an ok episode.

there were some good parts in it, i give a 8/10 for it^^

The only thing that annoyed me about the ep was Cassandra's grandmother. She was a real pain.

After watching this episode I neglected my Paras in Red like a red haired step child.

lolly lops Paras is red!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Riva
    I distinctly recall James asking her "Don't you recognize superheroes when you see them?" after laughing about either him of Jessie being trainer to Meowth when he was close to death.
    So do I. I also remember her disgust towards Team Rocket when they just left Meowth alone while he was feeling sick.

Wasn't too impressed with those guys =\ Just when you think Team Rocket can't get any lower... they grab a shovel.

My favorite part was the bit when Paras was training with Pikachu and Charmeleon. lol it OWNED Charmeleon with that stab in the gut XDDDD

Sadly, I didn't enjoy much else in the episode. Paras was just sad and pathetic, and Team Rocket themselves really didn't impress me this time around.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I get it. Charmeleon thought Ash was taking it's opponent's side and supporting Paras. That's why Charmeleon stopped trusting Ash.

No, that is not the reason.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Default GOOD old team rocket!

I like any episode where team rocket try to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    No, that is not the reason.
    Oh, now I got it. Ash didn't have enough experience to completely control Charmeleon.

I remember that when I watched this episode, I thought it was funny. Poor paras. It was cool seeing charmeleon.

This episode wasn't all that bad. But it could have been much better. Silly Paras.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I thought Paras was really cute.

It just lacked a bit of confidence, it was surprising to see Team Rocket helping it out.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

It was a good episode, it always great if Team Rocket trys to do something nice...
    Paras was cute..but weak
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Somewhat not a very good episode for me. It was a complete waste of time to see Meowth falling in love with Cassandra and her not training enough for her intimidated Paras evolve into Parasect. It just ran away when it battled Ash's Charmeleon and crying about it.

Whoa.
    Meowth falling in love with a human?
    How... interesting.....

And Cassandra should've given them a "smart" potion!

Yaaaay my first sig! x3

Still. Hating. High school.
    Still. No. DS.

</3
    RAWR

Funny episode, Charmeleon was evil when he hurt the poor Paras....

And Meowth falling in love with an human was strange....

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I don't really like this episode; it seems rather childish. But Ash telling Charmeleon to deliberately lose may have caused him to lose some of his respect. Or at least contributed to it.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

This was the first episode of the dub that aired on KidsWB. Because of that, it is also the first Pokemon episode I ever watched! Loved the story, especially the parts involving Meowth. He seemed to be VERY fond of that girl with the Paras. Even going as far as to train Paras to become strong enough to evolve. While it was out of character for Meowth, I also thought it was sweet. I liked how weak Paras was the most. Even a little water made it faint haha. I was sorry to see Meowth get heartbroken in the end though. 9/10 for being neat.
    Last edited by Lorde; 6th December 2010 at 11:58 PM.

Default Want to See again

Cassandra (Kiyone) is one character I would love to see again. The shipping between her and Meowth was awesome.

I never gave this episode much time back in the day, perhaps given the somewhat pathetic plot that exists on the surface. However, watching it again I have only just come to appreciate the good direction this episode received. Having Cassandra introduced to us through interaction with Team Rocket was unique, and Meowth's infatuation towards her was strange yet adorable.

We also got a very harsh display of Charmeleon's developed disobedience which was aptly explained by Cassandra's grandmother, so this episode wasn't all that worthless. I've always been a bit miffed at the 'monster' that Charmander became upon evolution up to mid Orange Islands, but I thought that its disobedience in this episode made great viewing because it almost came across as villainous - ironically perhaps moreso than Team Rocket were in this instance. It made me feel for Ash, Paras and even Team Rocket who it unleashed its wrath upon. It seemed that Ash proved it right after this episode though in that he made some very rash, inexperienced and pathetic decisions as a trainer.

Sub-par plot overall which is saved significantly by very good direction and substance, as well as great animation (which some research has led me to the name of Hiroshi Sakai. If only he was on the books of the animation team these days)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast