Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Soldier Porygon! (038)

Default Electric Soldier Porygon! (038)

Electric Soldier Porygon!

On their travels, Ash & Co. meet a Nurse Joy who is having trouble with the Pokémon Transportation system. Ash & Co. Volunteer to help and go into the system with Porygon, however Team Rocket follow them...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

too bad it never made it to America....even as cut version

Factory Head Noland Guest

It looks like an "out there" kind of episode. Man, Porygon is big!

Porygon can change its shape, type and size as it pleases. That would be its Conversion move. The episode never made it out of Japan at all since the Japanese put a world-wide ban on the episode.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

ShadowSneasal Guest

It would be nice to see a fandub.

magicpizzadust Guest

I know, I've always wondered what we've missed in these episodes that they never will show in the USA.

Tell me what idiot thought that flashing effect was a great idea. I don't why they couldn't just edit that stuff out, replace it with explosions or one flash. Oh well, this is the largest black mark on Pokemon and they'll live it down.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Factory Head Noland Guest

During the beginning of Pokemon, Pikachu's Thundershock attack used to be really flashy but they toned that down. They should have just toned down all the flashing to start off with then there wouldn't have been a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Tell me what idiot thought that flashing effect was a great idea. I don't why they couldn't just edit that stuff out, replace it with explosions or one flash. Oh well, this is the largest black mark on Pokemon and they'll live it down.
    If you had seen the episode, you'd have seen that the entire episode was too bright and flashy. If you'd like, PM me and I'll give you a link with crystal clear screenshots that I've taken from the entire episode. The only reason every recognizes the explosion scene as the worst was because the flashing strobe lights were going off for about seven seconds while everything else lasted about two or three. Japan banned it after it aired and no one was allowed to touch it since.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteTrainerRaven
    If you had seen the episode, you'd have seen that the entire episode was too bright and flashy. If you'd like, PM me and I'll give you a link with crystal clear screenshots that I've taken from the entire episode. The only reason every recognizes the explosion scene as the worst was because the flashing strobe lights were going off for about seven seconds while everything else lasted about two or three. Japan banned it after it aired and no one was allowed to touch it since.
    Let me guess, they were trying to spoof Tron.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I wouldn't say they were trying to, but the way they made the inside of a computer world was rather interesting and did somewhat share similarities. :P

Dom Jordan Guest

About Pory's size...... pressumably the people would shrink when inside the system? So Porygon isn't really as big as it seems.

I'd loved to have seen this ep. Too bad really.

(btw Serebii good idea with the seperate ep-specific subforums. Very nifty idea).

Blue,Too? Guest

they could have remade this episode without all the flash. Just like they could have made an edited version of the Dratini and Beauty contest episodes. I really don't understand why they just couldn't edit it.

I've made availible the actual clip which caused the seizures, I've haven't actually opened it yet but if don't notice me around on these boards in the next couple of days then you'll know where I'll most likely be

I actually have a fansub of this ep, but the place I got it from isn't working. It's a great episode, it has lots of funny moments, and it's too bad it got banned.

Oi..

1) Porygon's Conversion allows it to change shape, size, and type.
    2) They CANNOT edit the episode if the Japanese government won't allow it to be aired ANYWHERE around the world. The episode is not just banned in one location. NO ONE can see it officialy. They cannot edit it if they don't have it. And the Dratini episode was never edited since it never aired. They dubbed the episode, but it was never aired.
    3) You CAN watch the clip and episode on your comp. It's safe. It was bad watching it on the TV. Most versions of the clip are in Real Player quality, making it terrible beyond words to be able to view it properly. And the computer screen isn't anywhere as bad as a TV screen flashing.

I am not surprised that this episode is worldwide banned, but it would be nice to see it (without the seizure-inducing scenes). What annoys me is Porygon and Porygon2 may never appear. Then again, there aren't many situations for them to appear in. I think the next Tracey or Gary based episode (that we won't see) should feature these two.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

well if I remember correctly in the pikachu short in moive 3 there was a porigon popingg up but it doesnt do that much

Edit:did it get misty? oh I am a fog trainer*whips fog* get bach to whereever you came from.

Yes I wish there had been a porygin2 episode, they probably didn't do it BECAUSE if the bad rep from this episode...

Click on the Banner to go to the Team Aqua Lover's Club V 3.0. Credit to SilverFire for creating it.

Awesome banner created by Dark Latios.

poke07 Guest

Well theres no doubt in my that this episode is destroyed since it will never air again. Remember that episdoe cause seizures through almost 800 kids in japan.

I now the have the entire episode in Japanese now, though the realplayer quality's crap, so no danger I guess of having a fit. It's not subtitled though....

Bad quality or not, it doesn't matter. The computer slows down the speed of the lights, so you won't get a seizure anyway. Myself however, has the Japanese version on tape--and a good quality one at that. For the most part I was uneffected, but I will admit one thing, sitting close to it or watching it without many lights on does start to make you feel funny. I guess it was taking some effect on me, but oh well. I've been to so many dances where lights are flashing constantly and stuff, I'm kind of use to it by now.
    Last edited by Shigeru-kun; 27th October 2004 at 3:23 AM.
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Gold Ursaring Guest

I think much of the problem is legit and the rest is people's minds. I believe a study also showed that this kind of stuff happens.

I really wish I could see this episode. Porygon is one of my favorite pokemon. All though I'll probably never see it. From what I understand, the episode was dubbed, but it was locked away. It's really too bad.

Please! We need more members at Hoenn's Dearest forums! Join us!
    Paired up with Sherry. ^^

I claimed Atsuko Natsume/Nuku Nuku from All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku in the Bishounen Thread!
    Bow to the cyber-kitty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Master
    I really wish I could see this episode. Porygon is one of my favorite pokemon. All though I'll probably never see it. From what I understand, the episode was dubbed, but it was locked away. It's really too bad.
    I think you misunderstood something. The episode that was dubbed and locked away was "The Legend of Miniryuu". Rachel Lillis even confirmed this in a few of her past interviews. But for the Porygon epy? No. As far as I know, Japan never even gave that episode to the U.S. for dubbing.
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast