Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attack of the Pre-historic Pokémon! (046)

This episode was good, but Charmeleon evolved too quickly, and led to an disobedient Charizard...

I L-O-V-E this episode its up there as one of the most memorable episodes in my book
    <Pure awesomeness
    I've finally realized the meaning of all pokemon
    but I'm not gonna tell

Great episode.
    I loved to see Charizard protecting on Ash.it was cool. but funny when Ash injured from the flamethrower....
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Probably the best episode I've seen in Kanto. It's my favorite. The plot itself is interesting.

I had always thought Fossil Pokemon could only be revived. I had no idea they existed at all. Seeing the ones underground was scary though, because they all looked mad.

Aerodactyl taking Ash and Charizard trying to save him was a good way to end the episode. Togepi's unofficial debut too. 10/10

This is one of my favourite episodes out of the whole series. Like Dawn's Mamoswine, Charizard evolved twice in just a few episodes. The music that accompanies Charizard's evolution is awesome and fits the scenes perfectly. Its just a pity that this isn't on the Anime Sound Collection as it is one of the best BGM tunes from the anime.

This episode was great. I love that Charmeleon evolved to kinda save Ash but it was really to fight Aerodactyl. And the Togepi egg appearing was great too.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    This is one of my favourite episodes out of the whole series. Like Dawn's Mamoswine, Charizard evolved twice in just a few episodes. The music that accompanies Charizard's evolution is awesome and fits the scenes perfectly. Its just a pity that this isn't on the Anime Sound Collection as it is one of the best BGM tunes from the anime.
    Well Charizard came first. So it's actually Dawn's Pokemon that took on Charizard's characteristics and not the other way around :/

I know Charizard came first. I was just saying that Mamoswine's evolution was similar to how Charizard evolved.
    Last edited by CliveKoopa; 18th January 2010 at 7:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Probably the best episode I've seen in Kanto. It's my favorite. The plot itself is interesting.

I had always thought Fossil Pokemon could only be revived. I had no idea they existed at all. Seeing the ones underground was scary though, because they all looked mad.

Aerodactyl taking Ash and Charizard trying to save him was a good way to end the episode. Togepi's unofficial debut too. 10/10
    Eh Charizard wasn't really trying to save Ash. It was wanting to battle aerodactyl and the only it could do that was evolve and fly. Also, we got the togepi egg in this episode.

Ahhhh, Charizard <3 this was a wonderful episode. I loved seeing the prehistoric pokemon & the plot was really great. I remember Aerodactyl scaring me when I was little. Lol. It sucks that Charizard couldn't see how much Ash cared about it.....that took all the way till the Orange Islands just for it to get hit by an Ice Beam :P

I give this a 9.8/10
    because....
    we didn't get much Gary development in this episode.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

Charizard to the rescue. I doubt it evolved just to battle aerodactyl because he really does care for Ash. Also the togepi egg was a good find.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

This is, personally, my favourte episode of the Kanto era and one of my favourite episodes of all time. This is the first appearance of both Charizard in its Charizard form and Togepi, who would hatch four episodes later.

So sense wise and technically, Togepi was supposed to be Ash's. After that incident with that egg, then Ash was able to carry others and hatch them without them being given to someone else.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    Charmeleon's evolution into Charizard is probably one of the best shown evolutions in the animé, not to mention the most unexpected. I mean, no one was expecting it so soon after Charmeleon evolved from Charmander only a few eppies ago!O_O; Jigglypuff's reappearance was cute; and was the second and final time she got through the whole song! Too bad we didn't see Charizard's graffiti marks... Ash finds Togepi's egg(even though we don't know what it is at the time); and the rest, as we know, is history.
    Diddent Jigglypuff get the whole song done in the episode where Ash catches Snorlax in the orange islands?
    Sorry if Im wrong
    Hello!

xD

1 of my absolute fav. episodes! Charmeleon finally evolves into Charizard! Seeing all of the prehistoric pokemon was very cool. Never did understand why Kabutops wasn't affected by thunderbolt though... It was funny when Gary discovered pokemon manure.

88/100

I was surprised to see fossil Pokemon. I was shocked that seemingly extinct Pokemon would be living underground, since I thought they would only exist as fossils.

It was kinda weird to see Charmeleon evolve already, it definitely seemed a little rushed. Seeing the big Charizard made me miss little Charmander even more. :/

Finding the Togepi egg was cool, but a little strange, because who would just leave an egg there?

A lot of things happened in this episode that are important in the show's season. Seriously? I felt overwhelmed with all the important events. Charmeleon evolving, and Misty and Ash fighting over an egg. Wow. But overall, was a very enjoyable episode.

8/10
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

I absoulutly love this episode. Great to see Charmeleon evolve in to the almight Charizard very cool to see all the prehistoric Pokemon. Funny to see Gary find Ancient Pokemon manure. And Misty finds An egg. 10/10

this is my favorite episode of all time, with fossils, a great plot, charizard, gary, the egg. its just great. plus when they were all rolled in to a ball when the dynamite exploded? that was great

More episodes like this need to happen. I thought that fossil Pokémon would have to be reanimated but it seems that they aren't. It's strange how they aren't more common since they don't seem to be that deep underground or anything. Maybe it's only in that specific area. Anyway, Charmeleon evolving into Charizard was a good thing for its rebellious streak. It works a lot better as a Charizard.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

The is probably one of the best episodes to ever come out of the Pokémon Animé. I loved pretty much every second of it. It was great to see that Prehistoric Pokémon actually existed and the Charmeleon evolution was epicness! Althought it disobeyed Ash all the time, you could tell it still cared for him because it evolved to save him pretty much. That or.... it just wanted to be better than Aerodactyl. This episode also introduced the Pokémon Egg!!

xxx

I definitely agree with the people commentating that this is most-likely one of the best episodes in the Kanto saga. For me, first I was quite disappointed by the fact Charmeleon evolved so fast, but then again, Charizard established himself as an powerhouse and the overall plot, combined with some of my favorite characters and Pokemon, made this episode a monumental episode indeed.

ADDING 8-31-2012: After re-watching this episode again, I can only reiterate how awesome this episode was in many ways. Truly a masterpiece of the anime franchise as we rarely see today.
    Last edited by 7threst; 31st August 2012 at 3:11 PM. Reason: Had to add a newer opinion after re-watching this specific episode.

I think its awsome how charmeleon evolved so quikly into charzard.
    I love video games !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing Ash abducted by Aerodactyl was scary back when I was a litte kid, now I laugh about it. The best moment here is the evolution of Charmeleon, because Ash's Charizard is awesome. However, it was too soon after becoming Charmeleon... I like it, but it's not a favourite episode of mine, 8/10.

A good episode, Charmelon evolving into Charizard in order to combat Aerodactly was a very nice surprise but too soon because we didn't see enough of Charmeleon. Sneaking in The Togepi egg was nice to see.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast