Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attack of the Pre-historic Pokémon! (046)

This episode was kinda boring, the evolution of Charizard seemed kinda forced, and the Fossil Pokemon (besides Aerodactyl) were greatly underused.

Boring? Did we watch the same episode?

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

Yes, the only thing I liked was the fuse scene, everything else just wasn't as good.

I'd take the awesome Aerodactly scene from Movie 5 over this anyday.

This was one of Kantos Pure gold moments. I loved the prehistoric Pokemon, and I loved it when Charmelion Evolved into Charizard and chased after Aeodactyl!

Excellent episode, I really enjoyed the this episode. We have the first mention and appearance of fossil Pokemon and they are done very nicely in this episode as to later episodes. I enjoyed seeing Aerodactly actually frighten away the others when it arrived and then it being show actually trying to eat Ash. Charmelon evolving into Charizard in order to combat Aerodactly was a very nice surprise seeing as how Charmelon was only in 3 episode of the entire series, I would've personally liked to see more of Charmelon. Nice to see the animators sneak Togepi's egg into the last couple of minutes of the episode i enjoyed it.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This still remains to be one of my favourite episodes (after the Togepi/Togetic leaving episodes), purely because of the wide range of pokémon used. Seeing this again, I was reminded of the aerial battle between Charizard and Entei in the 3rd film (which made that film for me), not exactly the same, but still seriously cool.
    Also, first appearance of Togepi! No. 2 GS poké!

Do the Robot!

Does anyone happen to know the name of the background music that plays during the evolution to Charizard and the following chase? I've never been able to find it.

wai~!
    A classic, in my opinion.
    It rocked because:
    -Charizard
    -Gary dug up old Poke-poop.
    -It looked like Charmeleon was...um..."flipping off" Aerodactyl in the taunt scene...lol!
    -the fight scene
    and once again,
    -Charizard.
    Loved it.
    I like many different shippings...
    Merii, Jayden and Luke is my OT3!
    Finally got a Pokemon Diamond! My friend code: 2278 0159 6048
    A LiveJournal Community for Legendary Pokemon!

Wow. I never realized how many people liked this episode. Well, to be truthful, I found it a bit boring.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

While this is one of my favorite episodes, the coolest thing is when charmeleon evolved and the fact that Gary dug up poke poop, I also found myself wondering things. Why didn't Ash use any of his other pokemon. He used pikachu, squirtle, and charmeleon. What about pidgeotto, squirtle, and bulbasaur? don't think he left the other pokemon some where else. This was something I always wondered.

Oh man, this was one of my favorite Pokémon League episodes.

First off, Gary was in it XD In full-blown spelunker gear, or as I call it, "Indiana Gary." Throw in some taunting toward Ash, and I am good to go ^_^ "Fossilized Pokémon manure"! Ewww!

Next, Team Rocket... just how stupid can you be? I hope that they learned that if you blow up a canyon, you'll be blown up too D: Amazing that they somehow survived... oh, and Pikachu, electrocuting the dynamite. W.T.F?

Then... Charizard! I love that thing! I loved the bit when Ash got all teary-eyed, thinking Charizard evolved to save him from Aerodactyl... when really, it was just to do battle with Aerodactyl XD

Jigglypuff also came in handy here! I don't much care for the personality, but she was still funny.

And then, we get an egg, which later hatches into Togepi! That is a dang lot of action in a single episode O_o;

Again, definitely one of my faves ^_^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I love the Aerodactyl part. The thing he does with his eye. A rather amazing episode. Charmeleon evolving just to fight Aerodactyl? Such a great plotline if you ask me.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

i'm not a fan of the fossilpokemon but the episode was okay, still could be better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander View Post
    Charmeleons evolution process into Charizard is one of my all time faves through the generations. I liked it how Aerodactyl was teasing Charmeleon because it couldn't fly and Charmeleon was getting frustrated. Next thing we know he goes "Char char char char meeee" and glows. A brilliant scene.

Overall Rating: 10/10
    it was a great ep, but i hated how zard evolved so fast. 3 episode from lvl 18 to 36! Squirtle's been in 200 eps and it hasnt evolved once!
    My Best Team: Dragonite, Salamence, Gengar, Alakazam, Machamp, Gyarados

Wow i havnt seen that episode in YEARS... i just loved it. That was the first time i seen a prehistoric pokemon..Really. I do believe they made it. nut i duont wanna spoil it ^_^

I remember when the local library had got the video of this, i had rushed into it and borrowed it. In my excitement to watch it, i accidentally broke it...At one point in the episode the tape would eject itself unless you fast forwarded past it. I got to keep the video though because we had to buy the library a new copy of it. I still have it somewhere...A good episode though. Funny and exciting. 9/10

I enjoyed this episode, i think that deep down Charizard did actually care about Ash.

If it didn't it could have just let him fall.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I always love it if pre-historic Pokemon appear in the anime...this is the best
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

When i was young, it was my favorite of them all, i was tapping them on VHS and then it happen i only got 5min of this episode.

Every week, i was watching all the VHS, waiting for THAT 5min.

Yay!
    All the Fossil Pokemon is featured here! They even showed some good battling skills. But what got me worried was that Charmeleon was being mocked at by Aerodactyl causing it to evolve to Charizard. I thought this was really disturbing and hopefully it won't happen again.

Such a cool episode!
    Every single detail was awesome.
    I'm kind of disappointed though.... If only Aerodactyl escaped for good.
    But that's just me and my childish fantasies....

Yay Charizard!
    I love how its will to fight and Ash's need of a savior just "coincidentally" overlapped...

Yaaaay my first sig! x3

Still. Hating. High school.
    Still. No. DS.

</3
    RAWR

Gary's outfit was a plus in the episode.

Team Tropic Thunder?

I've always wondered something about this episode.

If Togepi's egg had been there all that time, how is that no-one before Ash actually saw it?

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I remember the day when I first saw this episode. I was at my cousin's house in Hampton. This was the first episode I saw on Kids WB. I was a bit suprised to see Arbok and Wheezing for the first time, and also Charmeleon, too. I kind of liked the Aerodactyl.

One of the first episodes I watched was this one.

I have claimed the almighty Persian.
    ]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast