Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Chansey Operation (047)

Default A Chansey Operation (047)

A Chansey Operation!

After Pikachu gets an apple stuck in it's throat, Ash & co. rush it to a hospital. After being treated, they hear of a traffic accident that has left many Pokémon injured so Ash & Co. are recruited to help treat the Pokémon. Can they do it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

meggirl63 Guest

You know, I wouldn't mind if Dr. Proctor gave me a check-up! ;-) Oh, I liked the part where Pikachu got better from having the apple removed from his throat.

Well, if you got an entire apple yanked out of your throat, I imagine you'd feel better afterward too.

It amazes me that 4Kids found a way around the whole "Chansey-can't-fetch-Meowth's-charm" gag, considering all the Japanese words one would need to know to really understand it. At least one line seemed to make sense ("Get me my charm back! I'll pay any price!...I said 'price', not 'rice'!")

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

meggirl63 Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II
    Well, if you got an entire apple yanked out of your throat, I imagine you'd feel better afterward too.

It amazes me that 4Kids found a way around the whole "Chansey-can't-fetch-Meowth's-charm" gag, considering all the Japanese words one would need to know to really understand it. At least one line seemed to make sense ("Get me my charm back! I'll pay any price!...I said 'price', not 'rice'!")
    Really? If Dr. Proctor removed an apple from my throat, I'd ask him out for a date as a form of repayment.

Ah, Dr. Poison aka. Dr. Proctor. Same VA as Victor (the surfer, not the Winstrate), and Odion from Yu-Gi-Oh!. His voice is cool.

Poor Meowth and his charm.
    "The Stretcher Catcher"

I was thinking of some stuff to say, but I forgot. I'll come back later.

8/10
    Yeah!

Hmm... an interesting filler. I liked these Fuschia/Cinnabar episodes.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

I always wondered what Meowth would look like without his charm, I like him better without it. (hey, does it "grow" from his head, cause I thought that might have been why he was crying)

I was shocked when James got ready to kill Ash, they've already stated that they don't have real lives before this, right?

This is definitely another one of those episodes where it's nice to see the twerps and Team Rocket getting along and working together, even if it was just for a little while. It's too bad it's so rare nowadays, but I'm glad they've had their civil episodes. It's also nice how Arbok and Weezing refused to attack after they'd been taken care of by the chanseys. The part where chansey kept handing Meowth the wrong things was pretty funny too.
    ;My Shinies: NEW!! 8/31 NEW!! 8/31 NEW!! 9/2 NEW!! 9/6
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

An interesting lack of continuity in this ep. Kojirou apparently forgot about Biriridama's tendency to explode, even though he was the first one to realize this danger back in episode 32.
    ~

I really like this ep., if only just for the fact that it was one of the first three eps. I ever saw (right after Sparks Fly for Magnemite and Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon)

Episodes like this are proof that fillers do not have to suck and can be quite entertaining, it's just that AG sux is all.

This was one interesting episode! Of course I tried to only see 3/4ths of it.
    Yes, I just saw this episode today for the first time every
    Ouch, I'm surprised Pikachu didn't die from the apple
    All the needles made me light-headed in this episode, I'm so easily sickened.
    I liked how Ash almost tried to capture the Dodrio after he weakened it. Heh, funny.

James had one scary large needle, I can say that for sure.

Quite frankly I'd be terrified if I were strapped like that with a giant needle in front of me. :P Yay go Chansey lol.

Is it just me or is this like one of the only times Pikachu says "a" or "ah"? It has said pi, ka, cha, chu, pika, pikachu, pikapi (which actually means Satoshi or Ash o_O), etc. I don't recall Pikachu saying "ah" anywhere else. So I thought that was pretty cool. I don't know what a pokemon that doesn't have an "ah" sound in their name could follow the doctor's instruction of saying ah.

I always wondered, what were the japanese jokes with Lucky mistaking what Nyasu wanted?

Konban is the word for charm, so Lucky keeps bringing him things that rhyme with it.

http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/c...iei/ep049.html
    ~

I've always wondered. Wouldn't Meowth notice the konban is stuck in his forhead?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

lightspeed Guest

This episode is not bad. I like the part where they treated the injured pokemon, it was cool...

well it was one of my favorite kanto episodes, one of my favorite parts was when the dodrios heads were tied together.

I liked this episode, but poor Ash nearly got killed by Team Rocket. But it was nice to see Team Rocket/Ash and Co work together again. And yes it was very funny to see Ash forget not to capter the Pokemon LOL.

Question

Quick question about this episode. Does anyone know if it's chronologically accurate? I mean, in the previous episode (46 - Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon) we see Ash finding Togepi (as an egg), and in the following episode (48 - Holy Matrimony), Brock is holding the egg (much like in the end of episode 46). This pattern, of seing Togepi's egg with the group is maintained in the following episodes too, until it actually hatches.

This brings me to this episode... it just seems "crammed" in the middle of the Togepi raising episodes because, as far as I can remember, there's no sign of Togepi whatsoever.

I'm assuming the whole thing took place BEFORE Ash found the egg... though when exactly, I'm not sure. Any ideas?

this one has to be one of my fav pokemon ep... very realistic having a human hospital instead of always a pokemon one. i liked how team rocket pitched in and help the 'twerps' out. very good plot. 9.3/10

[No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered
    life, I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive]

i didnt really like this epi. I thought it was kinda boring.4/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

I liked this filler episode. Having a human hospital treat injured pokemon was an interesting twist, but there are a few things I don't get.
    First of all, I heard Dr. Proctor mentioning that they're weren't enough doctors or nurses to help, so the twerps had to pitch in, but in the rest of the episode I never saw in other doctors or nurses, not even a cameo...wierd?
    Also, how can a human hospital in Japan be closed? Last time a checked, Japan is a very heavily populated area and no matter what day it is, wouldn't there be at least one medical emergency. After all, that town they were in did look pretty big.
    Where'd all the Chanseys come from? The pokemon center was busy, so they couldn't have possibly loaned out any of their Chanseys, so does that mean that those Chanseys actually work in the hospital and help treat the humans? I wonder if softboiled would even work on a human...

Actually, IMO the english dub did do a good job with more of the "charm puns" than you think. The first one with "I'll pay any price." and rice was spot on. I'm not sure about the game, but I think its name sounded similar to the word "rice" or something...apparently its called "go" in japan. Also, Meowth said "I want my charm, PLEASE!", the words "police" and "please" do sound similar if spoken really fast or loud. The only one that didn't make sense was with the raticate.
    It was fun seeing TR and the twerps working together in the episode, as this is one of the few episodes that it happens. These "working together" episodes continually reinforce my belief that Jessie, James, and Meowth could have been nice guys if some of the circumstances in their pasts were different.
    LOL, this one of the few episodes where a guy actually finds Jessie attractive and wants to date her! Most are turned off by her obnoxiousness and short temper, so it was pretty surprising when Dr. Proctor actually asked her out for pizza.
    That was funny when Ash tried to capture the Dodrio but Brock stopped him.
    I think I'm in agreement with 4kids editing of the needle in the arm scene, as the uncut one, which I've seen, probably would have frightened most of the younger viewers and older ones with bellanophobia (fear of needles and/or other sharp objects).
    I makes me think, how could Pikachu have possible gotten a whole apple in its throat like that? I mean, I didn't think its mouth could open that big, and even after the apple was in, why did Pikachu not suffocate...oh wait, that's right, this is pokemon, and NOBODY DIES IN POKEMON! It's the most sacred in unwritten rule of the anime, RPGs, and the world of pokemon in general...not sure about the manga though...
    Boy, Dr. Proctor was fast with that scapel...makes me think of what kind of "training" he actually got in medical school...
    Well, all in all, this is a pretty entertaining filler, and I never pass up a chance to see it.

-Steven, PMC Elite
    PMC Elite Field Researcher. 9 years pokemon experience.
    The PMC Motto:
    More to be added later on...

A OK Episode. Didn't really find it all that interesting, really.

this episode is alright but kind boring imo.
    [IMG]http://i13.*******.com/47lo29z.png[/IMG]
    Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the awsome banner!

~Bishie~Mafia~Song~Friends

this episode was so boring
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

A good episode, I enjoyed seeing the gang do something other than battling and actually help out, also seeing Misty in her nurse outfit was really nice she look very cute in it, I wonder if she got to keep it?
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast