Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holy Matrimony! (048)

The Part Where James Has A flashback with him and his growlithe walking down streets and James fainted into the snow was so sad and touching that i cried.
    Last edited by Locke-Kefka; 8th October 2005 at 4:55 PM.

Paint twin Since God-knows-when: Bashaamo, Twin since Feb. 07: *~mudkip~*... Sig best viewed in dark type skin

P.S. Just a heads up, I'm bored, PM me, I wanna talk

i accually liked this episode. it was fun to watch team rocket getting all messed up again. otherwise it was kind of boring

I LOVED THIS EPISODE! it was like the only episode staring TR, and I liked how the end was kind of a rocket shipping moment

The *only* one starring them?! What about "Meowth Rules", "Dues and Don'ts", and "A Poached Ego"?
    My Shinies: NEW!! 4/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

lightspeed Guest

This episode was kinda boring; the girl that James' parents wanted James to marry was very ridiculous, I hate her...it was good that James managed to get out of that place but his Growlithe should've followed James, I like his Growlithe.

Keppeshuh Guest

This episode was a definite classic. It ranks up there with "Bye Bye, Butterfree" (even though I'm not particularly fond of that episode) and... Uh. Some other memorable ones.

Anyway, it's been ages since I've last seen "HOLY MATRIMONY", however, I remember being very fond of it when it first aired on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbanut
    The *only* one starring them?! What about "Meowth Rules", "Dues and Don'ts", and "A Poached Ego"?
    okey, one, I meant in the first season. two I said "LIKE" the only episode. look what you did you made darth vader cry! shame on you

i didnt like this epi even though it was funny. It just didnt appeal to me. 5/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Poor James, raised in a rich family and can't get that money unless he marries that b*tch. I found it funny that James' parents faked their deaths. Surprised me alot. Also James' past was very entertaining and gave deep meaning to the character. Yet another excellent episode from the good ol' days of Kanto.

Yeah it was a sad episode!

Great Trainer Card made by Dodrio.

Im an Ice Type How about you?

Hence my username, this is my favourite episode - ever. It's just so adorable, and I it's one of the reasons why I admire Team Rocket. Also, I feel so sorry for James, and how he wasn't treated properly. Growlie was cute though! I also loved the idea that she had an oddish in the flashback :P.

It's a pity that there wasn't any follow ups onto this episode. The closest would be Sweet Baby James in the Battle Frontier series, where James talks a bit about his past, and we meet his grandparents.
    #spp chat staff; drews_girl kintana tenten mello akemi karin && pm chat complaints please.
    fantastic pair \\ epic twin
    i do the #spp nightshift. [x] couldn't do it alone [x] thanks guys <3 [/CENTER]

Banner > 46800 pixels so it was ~removed~! Read the signature rules.

Easily one of the best James episodes ever! LOL at the part where they were comparing Jessebelle and Jessie.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

This was a pretty good episode. No wonder poor James would rather be with TR, I don't blame him. Little Growlithe was a nice addition to.
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-Jesus

Please help save the unborn! http://www.priestsforlife.org/

i love growlithe!
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Aww another sad episode... but when James is like "Goodbye.... Growlie..." and has the hat and cape on i cant help but grin :]

I have to say....The end made me a bit excited...As a rocketshipper this has to be one of my favorite episodes. The end bit with Jessie & James was so cool.

The story was really awesome and i liked how it revolved around James.
    This is a good episode i can watch over and over. Even though it didn't have an Ash adventure in it i'd say that 'Holy Matrimony!' was a really good episode.

[IMG]http://i19.*******.com/52uqbva.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i16.*******.com/6gl23xc.png[/IMG]

A very funny and excellent episode focusing on TR, we get to learn a little bit of James's past and why he joined TR. His parents are definitely very weird and Jessibelle very evil. I noticed that James's parents look like Jessie and James all grown up.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This episode is a favorite of mine since I am a Rocketshipper. I also like it whenever Ash and his friends help out Team Rocket.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

I LOVED this episode. It made me like James soo much. I laughed, I cried (well not really but the scenes of James leaving Growlie was soo sad.) I will always name any Growlithe I come across in any game Growlie because of this (I don't nickname Pokemon) But all in all great episode that showcased a part of the past for a main character.

I love this episode. It's one of my favorites. I wish James would've brought Growlie with him. Hopefully they'll show him again, one day.

I loved this episode, since I'm a Rocketshipper. And, c'mon, Vileplume was there! I also loved how Jessibelle looked like EXACTLY like Jessie [besides her hair, and voice, if I remember correctly], it made me laugh. But the whole Growlie thing kinda ruined my happiness for a few weeks.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/k4dpxc.gif[/IMG]
    the dancing that captivated my heart;
    your selfishly nice gestures, the breathtaking sexiness you have
    those flashing gestures ;;; it makes me lose my breath -- x . x . x

If he had brought Growlie/Gaa-chan with him, it would have been defeated pathetically by Satoshi or some random character of the week every time it was used, just like all his other pokémon. Do you really want to see that? I know I don't. It's much better off staying with his family and retaining its dignity.
    ~

Her Vileplume's stun spore must've been pretty powerful, it had a nice blast with good direction going on...

What made me laugh was Jessie and Meowth dressed in black, "invisible", and the kids are like "wtf...". I take it the Magikarp around the estate were a recent addition, or else James probably wouldn't have been conned in the first place...

Then again, it never explains where the family's money came from at that stage. Maybe it was from Magikarp farming.

As for Growlie constantly being defeated if he went with James, Lickitung won a few battles in it's time, didn't it...? It beat a Nidoking at one stage, as well as having a great run at the Princess festival... It's probably not as good as I remember, I just felt it was given the shaft compared to Weezing and Victreebel which got a more shared out piece of screen time.

Its this episodes fault that I love Growlithe!

I think it was a shame that he left Growlie, but since he took Carnivine when he went to another of his mansions there might be a chance he will go back for it.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast