Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holy Matrimony! (048)

Growlie. was. AWESOME. No one can deny this.

I loved that bit when Jessie and Meowth dressed up in black veils and tried to sneak around with James. Jessibelle with the whip? I think James actually pissed himself in terror. That Jessibelle, what a psycho. But I must admit that, for myself, there's some sick satisfaction in knowing she looks identical to Jessie.

But my favorite, favorite part (after Jessibelle got torched and fled the house, of course) was the bit when James was telling the story of "Little Orphan James" who collapsed of cold and hunger. Everyone was crying, saying, "I miss James!" Then Misty shouts over all of them and says he's standing right there!

XD Funny episode. We need to see Growlie again!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

it was a nice TR episode if you ask me, a 8/10 should do well i guess.

I love this episode. It's based on the home life of James and stuff. It would have been weird if he actually had married that girl :P

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I love this episode, i think i had a crush on James since then XD
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

"A very special episode"

This is a very special episode because it gives info on one of the rocket member's, James, past. This is also one of the few times, Ash, Misty, Brock and Team Rocket work together. It also hints at a romance between Jessie and James. Who would have thought James came from a rich family.

I loved this episode. It seriously made me laugh.
    Poor James, I really felt sorry for him for having to put up Jessibelle.
    This honestly was one of the better episodes of the Kanto saga.
    3/5

Another Filler. I was surprised that we'd get some backstory about James but we didn't really learn anything aside from the fact that he had a Growlithe.

He should have taken it with him instead of leaving it at the mansion. I thought Jessebelle (sp?) was even more annoying than Jessie. 3/10

Another filler? Well even if it was a filler this episode is so fun, one of my favorites!

Watched it again and it aged well, i didn't remember some fun details.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Hmm, great filler.

James was so poor, to bad for him.

4/10.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

BEST EP!!! I am a HUGE Rocketshipper and i LOVED the end! Made me cry!
    100000000000000000000000000000/10!!!
    J+J= <3

The end moment was the BEST EVER!!! When James was in the Hot air balloon and Jessie runs along the side and James pulls her in then they talk about staying with Team Rocket no matter how rich or poor. Awww... <3

Rocketshippingness 4 life!!!

This is one of the best episodes in the whole series and one of the best James character development episodes along with Sweet Baby James.

I loved this episode, it was so great. I thought it was funny how Jessibelle looked exactly like Jesse and I thought his family was absolutely nuts. I really wish he would have brought Growly with him, it would have been a great addition to his team.

I'm surprised I haven't seen any posts saying this is a filler because it doesn't contain a gym or capture. This obviously isn't a filler because of huge character development.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    I'm surprised I haven't seen any posts saying this is a filler because it doesn't contain a gym or capture. This obviously isn't a filler because of huge character development.
    It's not a filler because we know James's Growlith, in it's debut.
    Anyway, I found it strange that James is so afraid of Jessiebelle because if he don't want to marry her he just need to say this to her and not to escape.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Anyway, I found it strange that James is so afraid of Jessiebelle because if he don't want to marry her he just need to say this to her and not to escape.
    If only it were that easy. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to marry her but Jessebelle is crazy and obsessed with James and won't take no for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Yes, that too. But character development is more important than Pokemon debuts.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB13 View Post
    I loved this episode, it was so great. I thought it was funny how Jessibelle looked exactly like Jesse and I thought his family was absolutely nuts. I really wish he would have brought Growly with him, it would have been a great addition to his team.
    I thought that it was pretty funny how they looked similar too! James even said that he would make a great addition to the team, but he didn't want it to keep blasting off.

I just saw this episode again, and it still is one of the more lackluster in this season. The story is just so very basic and no real end result.
    R.I.P. Max 8/8/1996 - 12/31/2008
    I love you, I miss you.

^well, that's your opinion and I respect that but my opinion is BEST EP ever as I'm a Rocketshipper. <3 J+J forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RichRI322 View Post
    I just saw this episode again, and it still is one of the more lackluster in this season. The story is just so very basic and no real end result.
    How is this episode basic? This has huge character development for James and we learn a lot about his history and his family.

I liked Growlie too bad he didn't take it with him.

By now it could have been a great contest pokemon for Jessie.

Random : PokéRadar

Okay either my posts that I thought I posted in these threads didn't go through or something very weird is going on, I know I reviewed this thread!

This episode was one of the best, it is a good backstory to James. James's story was quite sad but lol when Brock and Ash were going "I can't believe James is gone!" and Misty was like "He's right here!".
    I can see why James is scared of Jessebella, I wonder if he would ever want to get married (In Heartbreak of Brock he says he hates the word fiance. I bet if it was that sort of show James would have commitment issues).
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Jessibelle is a crooked dominatrix and I'm glad James didn't marry her. Growlithe was so badass and nothing beats the Jessie and James moment at the end. By the way James' fantasy flashback nearly made me cry.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

This episode was pure Rocketshipping at it's finest .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast