Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 110 of 110

Thread: Holy Matrimony! (048)

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    James owning a Growlithe surprised me and I wanted him to take it with him. 8/10
    Well it would've been a nice team addition for him, although knowing how Team Rocket blasts off constantly, it would've been very sad to see Growlithe get that fate time after time. :[


  2. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Well it would've been a nice team addition for him, although knowing how Team Rocket blasts off constantly, it would've been very sad to see Growlithe get that fate time after time. :[
    Not unless James had babied Growlie and kept him in his Poke Ball to avoid him getting harmed.~

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Not unless James had babied Growlie and kept him in his Poke Ball to avoid him getting harmed.~
    Well if he had joined James here and simply been handled like a pet with no chances to battle, that would've been pretty terrible from my perspective. I feel that all Pokemon who belong to main characters should have the capacity to get involved in battles.


  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    615

    Default

    I don't understand one thing: How come James had to marry Jessebelle in the first place if he obviously had no feelings for her?

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    I don't understand one thing: How come James had to marry Jessebelle in the first place if he obviously had no feelings for her?
    If I remember correctly, it was an arranged marriage that his parents had planned and if James had agreed to it, his parents would've given James his inheritance money hee hee. The whole thing was messed up and unfair to James however. :[


  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    If I remember correctly, it was an arranged marriage that his parents had planned and if James had agreed to it, his parents would've given James his inheritance money hee hee. The whole thing was messed up and unfair to James however. :[
    Why did his parents want to force him to marry Jessebelle though? I mean, I can't see what was in it for them even if he had gone with it.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Saving Seals From Clubbing
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Now that I think of it, Jessie and Jessebelle are similar-looking to each other. Could they have been separated at birth?

    It's also ironic that James owns a Growlithe, since it's a favorite Pokemon of every Officer Jenny in at least Kanto.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May

    RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps
    GeekChicShipping National Anthem

  8. #108

    Default

    Jessiebelle scared me; she was like a scarier clone of Jessie lol. I thought this was a great episode that focused on James and Growlithe.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    Why did his parents want to force him to marry Jessebelle though? I mean, I can't see what was in it for them even if he had gone with it.
    I dunno if it was mentioned, but I had assumed that perhaps Jessebelle's family was rich and James' parents wanted the two families to share the wealth. Whatever the reason, I think they had their own greedy reasons for wanting the wedding to occur.


  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    153

    Default

    This whole episode kinda worried me. I mean, what kind of parent pretends to be dead in order to get their son to come home, so that they can trap him in a cellar with a mad woman who has a strange fondness for whips?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •