Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Holy Matrimony! (048)

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    James owning a Growlithe surprised me and I wanted him to take it with him. 8/10
    Well it would've been a nice team addition for him, although knowing how Team Rocket blasts off constantly, it would've been very sad to see Growlithe get that fate time after time. :[

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Well it would've been a nice team addition for him, although knowing how Team Rocket blasts off constantly, it would've been very sad to see Growlithe get that fate time after time. :[
    Not unless James had babied Growlie and kept him in his Poke Ball to avoid him getting harmed.~

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Not unless James had babied Growlie and kept him in his Poke Ball to avoid him getting harmed.~
    Well if he had joined James here and simply been handled like a pet with no chances to battle, that would've been pretty terrible from my perspective. I feel that all Pokemon who belong to main characters should have the capacity to get involved in battles.

I don't understand one thing: How come James had to marry Jessebelle in the first place if he obviously had no feelings for her?

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    I don't understand one thing: How come James had to marry Jessebelle in the first place if he obviously had no feelings for her?
    If I remember correctly, it was an arranged marriage that his parents had planned and if James had agreed to it, his parents would've given James his inheritance money hee hee. The whole thing was messed up and unfair to James however. :[

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    If I remember correctly, it was an arranged marriage that his parents had planned and if James had agreed to it, his parents would've given James his inheritance money hee hee. The whole thing was messed up and unfair to James however. :[
    Why did his parents want to force him to marry Jessebelle though? I mean, I can't see what was in it for them even if he had gone with it.

Now that I think of it, Jessie and Jessebelle are similar-looking to each other. Could they have been separated at birth?

It's also ironic that James owns a Growlithe, since it's a favorite Pokemon of every Officer Jenny in at least Kanto.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May

RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps
    GeekChicShipping National Anthem

Jessiebelle scared me; she was like a scarier clone of Jessie lol. I thought this was a great episode that focused on James and Growlithe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    Why did his parents want to force him to marry Jessebelle though? I mean, I can't see what was in it for them even if he had gone with it.
    I dunno if it was mentioned, but I had assumed that perhaps Jessebelle's family was rich and James' parents wanted the two families to share the wealth. Whatever the reason, I think they had their own greedy reasons for wanting the wedding to occur.

This whole episode kinda worried me. I mean, what kind of parent pretends to be dead in order to get their son to come home, so that they can trap him in a cellar with a mad woman who has a strange fondness for whips?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345