Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Organization?

Red face Organization?

In D/P many of us have massive amounts of pokemon, from chaining, breeding and battling, my question is how do you all keep your PC/Box organized (or not)

My First Shiny and The Greatest
    Adamant Nature Ability No Guard
    31att/29spatt/27spd

I go though all the enviorments, name them that, and put the corrisponding Pokemon in. (Eggs go in the Pokemon Center)
    Ask me about Pokeplace Town

In Ruby, I organised the boxes according to types (ex. Normal gets one box, Fire gets one, etc) but that was annoying, and caused problems for pokemon with two types. In Diamond I currently have no organisation method.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Aura View Post
    I go though all the enviorments, name them that, and put the corrisponding Pokemon in. (Eggs go in the Pokemon Center)
    However, I quite like Yellow Aura's thinking. =]

I just chuck my pokemon in the first empty space i see. it's too hard oragnizing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    It'll affect those who only have one eye. It's a form of anti-piracy.

When I first start the game, I name the boxes for levels in increments of 10. So Lv. 1-10, Lv. 11-20, etc. etc. This way I know what level all my pokemon are at, and I train them all in increments of 10 so each one is getting progressively stronger.

Once my pokedex is nearly full, I then switch pokemon around and organize them according to pokedex number with a separate box for all my unown.
    I'm typically inactive between Spring and Fall. I'll be on as often as time allows.

Cool. I personally don't, but I like yellowaura's thinking and find Penguinist Trainer's method interesting too

My First Shiny and The Greatest
    Adamant Nature Ability No Guard
    31att/29spatt/27spd

Apart from two 'Team' boxes, the rest of mine are just thrown in there. Occasionally, I transfer a load over to Ranch, to clear it up a little.

Do the Robot!

On my Pearl I have them all organised in numerical order but that only leaves me with one and a half boxes spare... Which is a right pain!
    I plan on trying something less space hungry when I finish my Diamond.
    FC: 1779 - 0465 - 6200

Friend Safari: Bug - Ledyba / Masquerain / Vivillion

My Pokémon are usually in the same place they were put when they were caught, unless I take them out or if I hatch them. But the majority of them are in My Pokémon Ranch now.

From the days of G/S/C I always organized my boxes. It goes like this.

Box one is always the random encountered and caught pokemon.
    Box two is water type pokemon.
    The last Box is where my strong and trained pokemon are, where my evs are now.
    The second to last is where all my legends go.
    My third to last is where my eggs and egg pokemon go
    and finally, (cause it's getting wierd), my fourth to last box contains all my flying type pokemon.
    "Your future is not ahead of you."

mine are numbered from1-493 and i have a lot more on ranch

I organize my boxes by type. I used to have a "Legendaries" box but soon changed to Natures, for all my dittos for nature breeding.

Well what i have always id was organize them by levels. (Eg. Level 2-10 and make small gardual cahnges. 11-15 16-20, etc. till ive used up all the boxes. And if one box for some reason is empty. Then i use that as my "Willing to trade" box

Same as Yellow Aura.

Though I set a few aside, one for Unown + Solrock and Lunatone, one for Legendaries, one for starters and Eeveelutions, one for 'evil' Pokemon and the rest split by habitat.

I think DP was better in this respect, since their bonus backgrounds were more different from each other (I tried it with Platinum, and the bonus backgrounds were too specific) :3

I do it by type, and for Dual-Types, I just put them in the type-box that I prefer them in. I combine types in boxes, too. My Dragon and Steel boxes are one, and I'm thinking of combining my Dark into my Psychic/Ghost box.
    ~Current Goals~
    SR for shineyBreeding for shiney
    Evolving shiney

Well mine's out of order but i might well try to organize by level types. But i think its just going to be random
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Well I have my first several boxes as "junk boxes" essentially for just pokemon I had or just decide to catch but never use. Then I have my "project box" for pokemon I may possibly use in the future but aren't ready right now. Then there is my "2nd string box" for pokemon I sub out for different situations, I have about 15 pokemon who I could plug into my rotating slot on my team the other 5 party slots are locked in with my best pokemon.

I actually finished cleaning out my PC recently.

First, I have just some basic Pokemon (Arbok, Togekiss, etc.), organized by gender then by National Dex Number.

Second, I have Pokemon from breeding projects, organized by order of breeding.

Third, next breeding projects, in no particular order.

Fourth, Commonly used Pokemon, like my Ditto, Smeargle, Magcargo, Parasect, Pachirisu, Meowth, Crobat, Vaporeon, and Steelix.

Fifth, I have old ingame Pokemon, like my Arcanine, Butterfree, Blastoise, Infernape, Roserade, etc.

Sixth, my legends, ordered by national dex number.

Seventh, Pokemon that I need to evolve or breed for the Pokedex, ordered by national dex number.

Eight, Pokemon I have received in trades. Ordered by, of course, dex number.

Ninth, Pokemon I am EVing or have been EVed. Ordered by EVed, then EVing, which are ordered by closeness to 510 EVs.

And Tenth, Event Pokemon and shinnies. There are no shinnies, currently, but the Event Pokemon are ordered by date received. Shinnies will be ordered by national dex number.

Put simply, heres my organisation:
    Box1: This is filled with baby starters, especially the 2nd gen ones. Box2: Pokemon I have caught around the level 40 area or are level 40 with good moves. Not properly organised. Box3: This old team thing I did based on types is here. Complete ruin.
    Box4: Same as above. Box5: Filled with the lesser used pokemon, but resourceful. Box6: Legends and trained starters.
    Box7: Level 100s in training. Box8: Level 100s, my fav. box. Box9: traded pokemon from online and bro. Box10: pokemon for trading.
    ...last four: Filled completely with eggs. I did this thing where I breeded all my pokemon to form an egg pick and mix trade thing, which took up thirty hours max (I have no idea why, just felt fun). First box also has 'pokemon ready for trade'.

1st Box: I put my strong pokemon, like my Lv. 100's that are EV'ed trained.

2nd Box: I put pokemon I need to train... they sit there for a while

3rd box and on: I put them in National 'Dex order. After the normal pokemon are seperated, I do the same for my shinies.
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
    That is only the selfish perception of people.
    Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

I name them after the backgrounds (PLantBox, CaveBox, The Box, etc.), and place my Pokemon in the corresponding environment.

Spoiler:- Creds:

Y Friend Code: 1650-2192-8516
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Swirlix, Floette

By type, then I have my main battling box.

true original diva

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana View Post
    I actually finished cleaning out my PC recently.

First, I have just some basic Pokemon (Arbok, Togekiss, etc.), organized by gender then by National Dex Number.

Second, I have Pokemon from breeding projects, organized by order of breeding.

Third, next breeding projects, in no particular order.

Fourth, Commonly used Pokemon, like my Ditto, Smeargle, Magcargo, Parasect, Pachirisu, Meowth, Crobat, Vaporeon, and Steelix.

Fifth, I have old ingame Pokemon, like my Arcanine, Butterfree, Blastoise, Infernape, Roserade, etc.

Sixth, my legends, ordered by national dex number.

Seventh, Pokemon that I need to evolve or breed for the Pokedex, ordered by national dex number.

Eight, Pokemon I have received in trades. Ordered by, of course, dex number.

Ninth, Pokemon I am EVing or have been EVed. Ordered by EVed, then EVing, which are ordered by closeness to 510 EVs.

And Tenth, Event Pokemon and shinnies. There are no shinnies, currently, but the Event Pokemon are ordered by date received. Shinnies will be ordered by national dex number.
    Wow, that's organised! I need to clean up my PC soon. I started yesterday but then got bored and went hatching eggs, lol.

well, in pearl I have the standard box 1, box 2, etc. because I have very few pokemon, but once I get enough, like in diamond, I have my boxes in 20 level increments from 1-99 and a whole box for lvl. 100s (empty, along with 81-99) a box for traded pokemon, a box for my 3rd gen pokemon, an egg box, an unown box, and finally a whole box for my team! the rest are labeled EXTRA. and all of them are organised with the highest to lowest level of pokemon in them
    Last edited by pokemaster001; 11th March 2009 at 10:55 PM.
    my FC is 2064 8570 2074m but I don't do a lot of Wi-Fi stuff
    I am a semi-grammar nazi, yet I have a habit of Capitalizing words that don't need to be Capitalized.
    I wait in the depths for the return of the Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout Ultimate Journey. Time is not important.
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    As for breeding; unless you chain-breed max IVs onto a pokémon, you're basically throwing darts with a blindfold on at a dart board that isn't there.

Mainly in numerical order, and then I have seperate boxes for my teams, shinies, and breeding projects.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast